Young Plants Curling/ Warping/ Mangled? Just Any Suggestions Would Help.

• Thread starter Poudlack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Poudlack

I started these plants a couple weeks ago. 1 is growing twice as fast as the others, 2 have these weird twisted leaves. Wondering if this is an issue with ph, this is my first grow and to my knowledge the nutrients I used and adjusted ph was fine, but I’m realizing now later that my soil could be the issue. If someone could take a look at these and let me know. I am trying to find out if it is my soil (getting a tester kit soon) and if it is my soil how do I fix it with the plants already in their final pots.

Strains are 2 Royal auto ak47
And a sugar black rose auto. Thanks y’all.

P

Poudlack

dont use any nutes in soil for at least 3 weeks from germination. most likely you are overfeeding them
Thanks, a local shop said around 2 weeks I can do an 8th of the feeding needed and ween my way up. I’m gonna update in a couple weeks of just water.

P

Poudlack

pictures without the veg lighting. Same order as before. Sorry kind of blurry but I’m not home atm to retake.

48107B87 B563 46E5 9C0B 236CB769A2D1
3D826201 17C9 4489 BDFC 8CB41A8B3CF7
CCCD29A9 04C4 4D7D 8337 FBA6428A635B
P

Poudlack

Sorry the aks are switched.
First photo ak47 #2
Second ak47#1
Third sbr

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

local hydro shop wants to sell more fertilisers. plants at this age with 2 sets of leaves wont grow faster even if you feed them all the fert in the world. and you are better of starving them a little then feeding. when they are hungry they grow roots looking for food. bigger roots - bigger plants and fruits. just my opinion.

Ina

Ina

Except overfeeding the problem can be also something with the roots(it can be both to).I had similar plant this year,i think my soil kept too much moisture(may be +too much fert),after I made some changes(add more perlite on the top and make some more holes on the pot sides) the plant started to grow normal and now it is like every other...The top of the soil may be looks dry but be careful what's going on on the bottom.....If its a big pot it can stay really wet there.....I think once they grow up this problem is disappearing.But since they are auto you should check things and make improvement fast:)

RR1

RR1

Except overfeeding the problem can be also something with the roots(it can be both to).I had similar plant this year,i think my soil kept too much moisture(may be +too much fert),after I made some changes(add more perlite on the top and make some more holes on the pot sides) the plant started to grow normal and now it is like every other...The top of the soil may be looks dry but be careful what's going on on the bottom.....If its a big pot it can stay really wet there.....I think once they grow up this problem is disappearing.But since they are auto you should check things and make improvement fast:)
For babies, my soil is basically promix with 20% worm castings, with extra perlite. Anything else is overkill. Once they are about 4 leaf sets in I start to hand feed with small amounts of grow nutes.
I think your a little hot, they seem stressed right out of the gate. Not fatal, but they slow down at a time when they want to start to fly.
Good strains though.
Good old ak.
RR1

Reactions: Ina
P

Poudlack

Sorry, hot as in too much food.
RR1
Thanks these are all helpful answers, I was assuming it had to do with either nutes or the fact that my soil is just trapping water. I’m gonna give them a dry period. But when do y’all think I should continue feeding, considering the plants popped out a couple weeks ago.

P

Poudlack

Another question, I have seen like 1 maybe 2 tiny gnat looking bugs, I’m growing indoor so I thought I would avoid the big ordeal but any suggestions on how to get rid of these critters. Somewhere online said they live in moist soil, but I already have my babies in their final pot. Any suggestions on fixing this issue? Y’all have been extremely helpful.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Too big of a pot causes this, it’s why it’s better to start in small pots , let’s the roots develop, and prevents over watering. I feel the pot in picture maybe the issue , volume of soil to root and ability of the soil to hold moisture is higher and is causing growth stunting. Also no nutes till say 4-5 node development, (sets of leaves)

Reactions: Ina
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Another question, I have seen like 1 maybe 2 tiny gnat looking bugs, I’m growing indoor so I thought I would avoid the big ordeal but any suggestions on how to get rid of these critters. Somewhere online said they live in moist soil, but I already have my babies in their final pot. Any suggestions on fixing this issue? Y’all have been extremely helpful.
Hmm any pics of those suckers? If it’s just a couple , maybe put up some sticky strips, soil knats do occur, and it’s easy to control. Any neem product at this stage of plant is safe, never at flower.

P

Poudlack

Hmm any pics of those suckers? If it’s just a couple , maybe put up some sticky strips, soil knats do occur, and it’s easy to control. Any neem product at this stage of plant is safe, never at flower.

P

Poudlack

Haven’t seen any since I first posted, it was only one soil gnat I saw. Couldn’t get a picture, but I haven’t seen him since and I’ve had the fans pointed more at the plants to disrupt his flying.

P

Poudlack

But an update on plants, I flushed, I’m yet to drill holes for the water to drain further. But the plants are starting to look better as of now I would say. The indica strain out of the bunch (sbr) doubled in size in 2 days, bigger than the ak47#2. Makes me wonder if thy’all ak47#2 has some more problems ( I doubt it just paranoid ) but the plants are looking healthier. I’ll let y’all tell me your opinions.

A8104058 13FC 409F B5F8 7586FAF0E592
A3A341A9 6F63 42C2 89AB AF14EEA22EFF
D1714D52 7727 431E 9EFE 21E77DF84FC4
Top Bottom