Your defoliation method?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey guys, i have a quick question, or two.
Its about week 3-4 of veg, and my plants are tiny little bushes. And i noticed the larger fan leaves blocking flowering sites. so i removed the big fan leaves to allow light in. Now that i did it, i feel like i fucked up lol. did i fuck up?
That also brings up a question, when do you defoliate? How much? When? Im a newer grower, trying to get an idea on defoliation. other peoples opinions will help!

V

Vondank420

Your good. Everyone has their own way/times/ and reasons.
I've seen zero defoliation to complete strip of all leaves except nodes. (Everything in between).
Soooooo many ways to accomplish the same thing....

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Your good. Everyone has their own way/times/ and reasons.
I've seen zero defoliation to complete strip of all leaves except nodes. (Everything in between).
Soooooo many ways to accomplish the same thing....

Okay cool, thanks for the reassurance. I've seen full on leaf strips, and then just minor defoliations. I figured i would see what everyone did here and how they do it. I Like to remove some by plucking the ones that cover up prime bud sites. But this time, i did a leaf strip in early veg, i know, earlly veg. i didnt do a FULL leaf strip, but i removed alot of the major fan leaves. They were covering up alot of the lower branches. I understand i wont use alot of the lower branches, or they wont produce major buds, but i still want production down there. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom