Your method o drying and curing in low humidity.

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

So I am coming up on harvest in a month and I still haven't decided what method I will use to dry. I am gonna dry some an cure some. Tell me your ways and I can choose from there.

Prior to now I used to trim them then hang for 7-10 days no curing due to hi humidity. It would always mold.

Whats the best method for a dry mountain climate?
Is there anything to take into consideration under the circumstances ?
Leave the leaves on while drying or not ?
Hang whole plan or branches?
Rack,screen or rope ?

I know there are threads on her that are similar. I read a real good Dj Short tutorial, I want personal experiences. Although most of the meds I have gotten have been decent. Almost all were crispy dry,

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

I like a good slow dry/cure bro, i've started to leave the leaves ON to slow down the process a bit, and I jus hang branches from wire hangers in my closet, if the humidity is that low i'd jus jar them a lil sooner than later and jus stay on top of ur burp game, hope this helps, Peace SSP

I

ibTheMan

you can get ah digital humidifier for $50 and put it in ah closet or room set at 55% dry it for 7 to 10 days ,then into glass jars for as long as possible(air out as needed).

M

Mr. Greenthum

When its time ti harvest cut parts of the plant off u want to leave extra stem i believe because when u hang it upside down u want the plant to drain and force everything out to the buds.you should always cut the big leaves off and most of the smaller ones just so when it dries it goes the bud and not the leaves. I put a fan on them on low in a room with a temp of 65-70 degrees F. The way u can tell when they are ready to come down is if the stem looks like a straw and if the stem feels woody. but if it feels too woody it will lose taste make sure to never dry in the light this will make it lose tast and instead of curling in the bud opens. I could be incorrect but the way to dry is correct let me know if this helps

homebrew420

homebrew420

Before the limbs snap, close to that point, trim leaves etc and place in paper bags for a few days to REALLY slow that last bit of drying down. Trim off the flowers and into jars. Follow standard curing methods at that point, burping the jars once a day for however long you chose. Hope this helps. I still have trouble keeping on top of it sometimes. I get busy, and lazy. Good luck to ya.

Peace

Melvan

Melvan

The only problem with the paper bag method is that you end up with a lot of trichs on the bottom of the bag.

I just finished a low humidity dry to cure. With the natural gas heat I have I always have humidity issues in the winter. Check my sig to see. Hang the bud in a dark, cold room with just a fan blowing. When humidity is low you can drastically slow the dry by doing it cold.

You can help control moisture in the jar by putting a coffee filter on the bottom.

B

BoCo Buds

Here's a tip... 44% RH... shoot a little higher first handful of days to slow & cure... drop it a little lower to quicken the process, but that's a great number to shoot for. And around 74-76 if ya can. GL ;-)

T

TheRealBoss

We never trim wet, always hang dry, slow cure in a cold, dark room with digital dehus and fans. We harvest plants, hang them on hangers and then hang the hangers on the wire. This allows for maximum usage of space. Trimming wet and drying on screens are not advisable IMO. If your buds are molding once you have hung them then that tells me your moisture levels are too high - not too dry. The leaves act as a wrapper to protect the flowers. If manicured before drying then a significant increase in the rate of THC breakdown occurs. The drying and curing are of the utmost importance - and dramatically affect the "whole package".

M

MImedMJpatient

So what about having drying plants hanging in a room that has grow tents in it, necessitating that there be light for a few hours a week as I tend plants that are not ready to harvest?

phenotyper

phenotyper

If manicured before drying then a significant increase in the rate of THC breakdown occurs.

Hey boss, can you elaborate on this more? Certainly rough treatment while curing wet will result in trichome degradation, but what reasoning is behind a more rapid breakdown of THC?

D

doormatt

So what about having drying plants hanging in a room that has grow tents in it, necessitating that there be light for a few hours a week as I tend plants that are not ready to harvest?

I don't think this should be a problem if they are in darkness most of the time.

Top Bottom