your opinion on hydro ph for flowering

• Thread starter NEVEROUGUNNED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NEVEROUGUNNED

ok, 5 gallon res, 4 plants, casey jones, headband, xj13, 5 gallon buckets, under 1000watts hortilux, all thing optimal,vegged 8 weeks ,LST, 7 weeks of flower...wheeew.

ok so when my plants hit week 6 they kicked into overdrive. ph has been crazy, as low as 5.2 after adding 20mls to 5 gal of water. ppms are at 1800( they munch on 300-400 a day) I have no doubt its them lowering the ph due to insane P, and K uptake. I have never vegged to 8 weeks so my questions is do i let them keep the ph in the low 5's or do i Napalm them with 15-20mls of Ph up EVERY DAY to keep it at 5.8.

M

midnightrider

as long as you stay between 5.3 and 5.9 you wont have lockout ----depends on which way it drifts . mix my soup at 5.2 and it always drifts up to the 5.5 --- also leave my mix sit out 3 days before useing it to eliminate the crazy drift . hope this helps

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

plants uptaking nutrients rasie your ph because they replace the ions they uptake with hydroxal ions. IF your ph is swinging down you have another problem.

that being said an up swing from 5.2-6.2 will allow optimal uptake for your full pallate of nutrients...

11083phnutrcombo2
F

falcosdream1

Maybe lower the ppm's a bit on some trial plants see how that goes? Less might be more in this situation.

N

NEVEROUGUNNED

i switched flowering nuted from DM to H&G and decided to go by thier nute calc, my ph is now stabilized, now my ppms are down to 800, but now they seem to have stopped eating. ppms are the same even after a couple of days

S

smokestack23

Woah...you're making my head spin...so you were using DM? And you were at 1800ppm? Which line? What additives? What ppm was the water to start?

As was said...if your ppms were dropping and so was your pH...that's weird.
So now that you switched nutes we won't know what that was all about.

You say now that your PPMs stay constant. Is your water level dropping? What's the pH doing? If the water level is dropping..it doesnt mean they aren't eating..it means the opposite and..that you've sort of reached equilibrium.

Anyway...I'm kinda confused by now. Not sure WHAT's going on.

Top Bottom