Your Opinions On Feed Regimes

• Thread starter sourpuss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sourpuss

sourpuss

hi guys, i'm growing in coco/perlite, i wanted to hear from experienced people on their best feed regimes using this medium.

have people got better results feeding just 1 or 2 times in a 12hr light cycle (still with 10-20% runoff) or maybe lots of small feeds over the same time (still with 10-20% runoff)???

love to hear from you guys

thanks

sourpuss

sourpuss

im trying to balance getting enough oxygen to the roots but also being able to feed my girls enough nutrient too

xavier7995

xavier7995

What method are you using to feed? I go once or twice a light cycle, but that is doing it by hand. Everything I have seen says to water more frequently to really get the most out of coco, maybe use some blumats for a constant drip?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Coco Perlite mix can be easy or tough.. A lot depends on what foods you choose as some do better with Coir and some don't..
check out CNS17 for an example.. A great product for Coco growers as is Roots Organics, which is what I use along with their soil which is 50% Coco in it along with guanos and other goodies..
I hand water and wait until the pot feels light by weight.. Some choose to use a constant drip system imitating a hydro setup and works fine, and other prefer hand watering every 2 days.. much of this depends on how many plants your running to make hand watering a hassle.. neither is wrong or right, it's mostly preference and plant #'s ..

Hope this is ok to post up because this is an excellent write up on coco/coir..
http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1104950-about-coco-coir.html

hope this helps ya out..

xavier7995

xavier7995

As luck would have it, I have some roots organics just hanging out that needs to get used:)

I do pretty much the same thing as quagmire, but I really don't think we are getting the full benefit of the coco by not using the small pots with more frequent waterings. We are treating coco kind of like soil, and it does perform better than soil for me using roughly the same methods/effort, but I think it would be better to treat it more like the hydro medium it is. Dirts dirty, coco fibers and husks 4eva.

Latest posts

Top Bottom