Your (R)DWC PPM/EC during Veg/flower

• Thread starter OdlaFett
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Whats up guys! Want to know what PPMs people here usually have during their VEG and flowering cycle in DWC. If you using CO2 then say that.
I kept mine at 650 but realised it was way to much during veg, now backed down to 550 and they are much happier.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i went buy regular hannah scale on my trash can grow and worked out fine,when the fruit came on i didnt let it go past 1200 though,all threw veg 1000

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

i went buy regular hannah scale on my trash can grow and worked out fine,when the fruit came on i didnt let it go past 1200 though,all threw veg 1000
Damn 1000 threw veg sounds alot, think that would had executed mine, maybe the volume of water you had let you get away with that

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Damn 1000 threw veg sounds alot, think that would had executed mine, maybe the volume of water you had let you get away with that

I don't run my girls past 800 during veg. I start at around 250 and edge up each week until i get to around 7-800 where it sits until flower when I gradually increase each week until i get to around 1200+- . I keep it there 3-4 weeks before i start bringing it back down in prep for harvest.

Happy New Year & Happy Growing 🍻

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

33 gal ,ran it from seed to flower of watermelon ,the kracky method is pretty much 1000 all the way,with my heat i stayed right at 1200 and fought it all the way,reaching 1600 at a few times,just kept dropping that ph to drop ppm ,ran right at 6.0 al the way and 1200 in flower.
from seed start was 950 ppm ph 6.o,lost 2 cucmber plants and then went with a watermelon and it got to about 15 pounds before i went in hospital and lost it after that,3 in home made basket ,water 1/2 in into basket of drive way rocks hahahah

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

33 gal ,ran it from seed to flower of watermelon ,the kracky method is pretty much 1000 all the way,with my heat i stayed right at 1200 and fought it all the way,reaching 1600 at a few times,just kept dropping that ph to drop ppm ,ran right at 6.0 al the way and 1200 in flower.
from seed start was 950 ppm ph 6.o,lost 2 cucmber plants and then went with a watermelon and it got to about 15 pounds before i went in hospital and lost it after that,3 in home made basket ,water 1/2 in into basket of drive way rocks hahahah
Damn you grew watermelon the kratky method, thats some futuristic shit, respect! Btw bro i accepted your challange if you remember, coco is on the way and orded some autos. Some white shark and some other made up names I cant remember, will update you when they get crackin

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Whats up guys! Want to know what PPMs people here usually have during their VEG and flowering cycle in DWC. If you using CO2 then say that.
I kept mine at 650 but realised it was way to much during veg, now backed down to 550 and they are much happier.

To help figure out how much my PPM would change with the adding of nutes, I did a one gallon RO water test with each additive I had planned to use. For planning i used the recommended one gallon dosage, that way i know when i add that additive i am reasonably sure of what my new PPM number will be once i added with the top-off . You know the size of your res/bucket and you know your ppm/gal the rest is just math.

This works well for me as i do not change out the rez between grows & I keep my res at 64-65. I control the ppm by adding straight RO during daily top-off. I watch the ppm go down daily and when i reach my threshold, i add the nutes with the top-off based on the numbers. Sometimes i can add only one (usually bloom or grow food). I have to plan some of the other things (silica, calmag, hydroguard, +Life,) to be added when i can afford to not add grow/bloom food.

It works for me, hope it helps someone else.

🍻

20191229 134916
Last edited:
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

To help figure out how much my PPM would change with the adding of nutes, I did a one gallon RO water test with each additive I had planned to use. For planning i used the recommended one gallon dosage, that way i know when i add that additive i am reasonably sure of what my new PPM number will be once i added with the top-off . You know the size of your res/bucket and you know your ppm/gal the rest is just math.

This works well for me as i do not change out the rez between grows & I keep my res at 64-65. I control the ppm by adding straight RO during daily top-off. I watch the ppm go down daily and when i reach my threshold, i add the nutes with the top-off based on the numbers. Sometimes i can add only one (usually bloom or grow food). I have to plan some of the other things (silica, calmag, hydroguard, +Life,) to be added when i can afford to not add grow/bloom food.

🍻
Thats smart, I done similar experiments so now I know how much I need to add of my 3part formula to raise 50ppm in my 5 gallons. Very cruical for not wasting nutes.
Wish I had some other kind of plants or outside garden to use when Im doing full res changes, feels like such waste of nutes

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Damn you grew watermelon the kratky method, thats some futuristic shit, respect! Btw bro i accepted your challange if you remember, coco is on the way and orded some autos. Some white shark and some other made up names I cant remember, will update you when they get crackin
breaks up the monotoney bro,coco,soil,hydro,they whole shabang cant get bored and will test every nerve you got hahahah the real challenge is the coco and hydro,the soil just kind of lays back,unless you piss it off it does the wild thang by itself

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

breaks up the monotoney bro,coco,soil,hydro,they whole shabang cant get bored and will test every nerve you got hahahah the real challenge is the coco and hydro,the soil just kind of lays back,unless you piss it off it does the wild thang by itself
So true, also I choose coco so i dont just waste my nutes when changing res. They ate like 100ppm and theres still 500 ppm left why just throw all that juice away once a week when I can just top it off with little bit more nutes and water and reuse it to water other plants. Going to be great, I hate wasting things

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

🍻
i do same thing ,just do glasses instead of gallons

Top Bottom