Your Very First Grow

• Thread starter wokkabear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wokkabear

wokkabear

ok just out of curiosity what was your first grow like and what strain did you pick and why ?

my first grow hasnt yet happened but im itching to start but i have sitting in my collection a load of double berry a blue pyramid auto, a critical auto, and 6 pink ogre autos the double berrys are bagseed and the others i purchased months ago i chose the pink ogre for there interesting pink buds that give off a sweet fruit jam kind of smell according to the secret garden seeds description of them in bloom

wokkabear

wokkabear

i was checking out a thread you were posting in earlier actually before i posted my own you do some impressive growing im hoping to achieve some good things when i start mine off i have a interesting idea with training the main stem in veg without topping ect but i think its going to take forever to get the coil no idea what it will yield though

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

started out with barneys farm laughing buddah fem seed(highly recommend), pineapple chunk fem seed (good but so so yield), and KK straw cream (super awesome plant). had 7 in 4.7 gal pots in a 4x4 tent under 1x600hps and pulled a 17.65 zips dried and cured crop. 2 yrs of researching and asking questions allowed me a successful harvest.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
First grow..... lol I swore I would never mention that one so I'll go to the second.

400w HPS from a warehouse, so it had that huge metal box of a ballast with the modul sticking directly out from it, used bagseed in some MG soil. That run didn't make it to the end, didn't have enough ventilation or anything else right for that matter. I was like 14 at the time. SMH.

First successful grow I was 17, built a NGB style cab, ran with a 150w HPS in FFOF. Did alright, have progressively gotten better over the past 8 years with a gap of about 3 years without growing.

For your idea, if you're going to use LST, do it early on your auto strains. Photo strains are easier to do any training on as you have the time for the plant to really reap the benefits. With autos, the timeline is so restricted I think they should just be left to do what they're going to. Then again, I'm one of those purists that thinks the guy that brought ruderalis genes into the mix should be taken behind the barn and beaten, but that's just my opinion. Look forward to seeing your first grow though! Definitely post up some pictures, a lot of the newbs that start here cross the finish line in stellar fashion, which is different than most forums ever see.

wokkabear

wokkabear

that was what i had my eye on for the past year a pack of laughing buddah but didnt purchase them i wasnt sure of the spicy taste in the description on the site

wokkabear

wokkabear

the autos i plan on leaving to do there thing the coil idea i have is for the double berry photos im figuring perhaps atleast a 4 month veg period to get what im after if not longer i might see if a friend of mine who is growing will give it a go and let me take pics to see how it turns out

i'm excited im seeing names of the people ive been reading popping up in this thread seems like a good subject i started lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

grab it, it was a winner for 1+yrs in my garden. excellent daytime and night time high. not a couch lok high either.

wokkabear

wokkabear

well it seems i may have to purchase a few of them beans next month to add to what is going to seem like a ever growing collection

oh and tobh i spoke to my friend a few mins ago seems after a taster smoke of his latest crop a few weeks ago with him i had mentioned my idea to him and hes started doing it about 6 days ago on a seedling he has growing and is going to send me a pic of it later tonight when i get in from work so i should be able to post it on this thread its only growing in a plastic pint glass but from what he said its taking it very well

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Autos will not veg for four months, they start flowering automatically after a few weeks.
the autos i plan on leaving to do there thing the coil idea i have is for the double berry photos im figuring perhaps atleast a 4 month veg period to get what im after if not longer i might see if a friend of mine who is growing will give it a go and let me take pics to see how it turns out

i'm excited im seeing names of the people ive been reading popping up in this thread seems like a good subject i started lol

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
My first grow was laughable. Got seeds from a cat in Ukiah, grew them in big clay terra cotta pots in shitty nursery soil. Came up with only one female but decided to move back to CO before I could flower them. I gave the plant to Mear One on my way out of town hahaha walking several blocks in silver lake with a forty pounds of clay, soil and foliage was hilarious though.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

We ruined the house on our first grow. Luckily my friends dad that rented it said he's remodeling so didn't matter what we did.
This was in 1994 in Portland. We called the house "The Crust Palace" 6 dudes and one chic who was dirtier than the guys.
Grow room was in the upstairs master bedroom.
Full rain gutter NFT hydro system. 2k in the room. No exhaust. Lol.
Came home one evening and found a waterfall coming down the stairs, raining from the ceiling. We were growing bag seed and was a sativa. Shit blew up. One plant bowed the gutter out causing it to spill 100 something gallons.
Then it molded. Had to Chuck it.
It is seriously laughable looking back.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Ahhhh right.

Started up some bagseeds in the dorm room. Got jiffy pellets, and a nice new cfl bulb. Made a setup in the bottom bunk, wires hanging, blankets overshadowing, and fan blazing. Just a crude temporary setup.
This was the day we would move the seedlings we never expected to grow to a place we never expected would be alright. Awaken by a loud banging on the door. I was startled and so was my roommate. BANG BANG...."fire inspection".

Oh fuck.

I freeze. My roommate turns the fan off quick and heads to the door. I get on my laptop. Last webpage was some rental houses for next year off campus. Nervously browsing up and down the same page as the dorm director and fire inspector start peaking around.

"Ok, thank you." Said the fire instructor. "...actually just one thing. Your fridge is just a tad close to the wall, mind pulling it out a bit?"

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
In 1985 we tried growing Gainesville Green bagseed in my buddies dorm room closet under about a 50w cfl.
We failed miserably. Killing her by drought when she went a weekend unattended.
That same year we did manage to grow several in my friends back yard, but we chopped way too early.
But that's the year I caught the growing bug.

DrFever

DrFever

my ery first grow cught the idea i was going to get rich so 144 clones later grown 5 weeks made 14 pounds thinking i was going to make 100's lol
even buddy who is jedi grower was like WTF thats stupid impressive 144 plants with only 5000 watts and that i am a natural although i never made it rich from growing i do get by since lowered plant count to 12 and getting same yields as 72 plants my goals ever since was increased yield per plant with a ton of training
Afganstan

wokkabear

wokkabear

Autos will not veg for four months, they start flowering automatically after a few weeks.

i know how autos work its why i said il let them do there thing and coil the photos since you can keep them suspended in veg till your ready to go to flower lol

but loving hearing everybodys first grow experience's keep them coming, though i wonder if everybody does the exact same mistake on the first ever feed and pretty much cripy fries the plant

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

My first grow was a seed that was given to me by a friend. He gave me three seeds, only two sprouted. I had TONS of problems. Fungus gnats, nute burn, overwatering, heat stress, nanners and seeds from all the stress. The one plant was pretty good, had a lemony citrusy smell. The other plant wasn't very good at all, really leafy buds but it made good bho. I took cuttings off of each one and rooted them, only one clone from each survived. I ended up pulling over 4oz dry.
The one clone that wasnt very high quality went to a friend who is flowering it outdoors, the other is in a closet somewhere a few weeks from finish. I decided to get rid of it when it started to nanner, was tired of the thing. Hopefully this grow will be better, this was all earlier this year.

wokkabear

wokkabear

ok so here as i said is the coil starting to take place lazy friend smoked too much and forget to send the pictures last night so ended up bringing the camera over and sticking them on my system lol

DSCN0787
DSCN0788
DSCN0789
DSCN0790

Top Bottom