Your Very First Grow

• Thread starter wokkabear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bannacis

Bannacis

I've seen the coil method, it looked like it worked very well, it wasn't topped so it grew tall. with coiling it stayed short, and branchy.

wokkabear

wokkabear

I've seen the coil method, it looked like it worked very well, it wasn't topped so it grew tall. with coiling it stayed short, and branchy.

thats what i had in my head never knew it had been done before thought it would look pretty good a load of top colas ontop of a kinda spring lol

wokkabear

wokkabear

oh and that plant has been grown under his bedside lamp and on the window ledge doesnt look too bad to me

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Just finished my first grow. 4 AK 47 and 1 strange one that came with the AK seeds but deffo wasn't one. I got just under 20 oz off the 5. I'm well pleased. I chose that strain cause it's my fave smoke. Plus they are really tough which I needed lol they were grown organically.

miko

miko

Its kind of like your first time having sexy. Sometimes it isn't planned, sometimes it is over thought.
But its usually a mess and your friends laugh at you.
But, we keep doing it , and it gets much better with time!!

Lol

xavier7995

xavier7995

First grow was damn huge with a bunch of mexican weed bagseed in the early 90s. Just planted as much as I could on the backside of cornfields with the idea that the whatever the farmers used would help my stuff out. Couldn't really google stuff back then and that is what some old guys i knew did. Planted the crap out of the wooded areas as well as they had great water supplies and naturally rich soil. pulled down a crapton of weed that was of decent quality, no idea on weight but got a few friends together to make the rounds and it was garbage bags full.

My first indoor grow was in a tiny freaking cabinet under a 150, and i spiralled my stems and learned about teh wonders of indoor growing and having real control over the environment. IIRC, popular thought was that any temp over 80 was a no no so I struggled mightily with keeping temps at ambient and having like 24 inches of max verticle height.

Billyboat

Billyboat

1000W HPS, 6" CanFan, FoxFarm TriPack, FoxFar soil, 15 bagseed brick seeds....
Set up in my washer/dryer room, as I didn't have either, vented out the dryer vent of the condo. Black trash bags to block the light, No carbon filter, didn't know what that was.
Pulled 13 oz and then my life changed forever, as I saw the light!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

1976 or so,Seeds came from a bag of commercial thrown behind my garage in LA.Everything was shit and seeded then,i didnt even know the difference between male and female plants.No seedbanks that i knew of and no internet to help you learn,grow books were considered paraphenalia and you could go to jail for having them.Only times ive ever been to jail have all been for marijuana,growing or paraphenalia,lol.First time i went to jail my dad had to come and get me and was pissed off smacking the fuck out of me but his lawyer buddy got everything dropped pronto,learned the value of shutting up and having a good lawyer,Sure pisses cops off when you refuse to talk to them.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

My first grow was just great.... Lol i was like 20...or so..Friend of mine gave me a clone one day out of nowhere.... I remember i scourged the internet til i came upon jorge cervantez ultimate grow dvds. Downloaded and watched all 3 religously. Watched em while i was building my space. Lol . anyway.

I bought a blue "grow bulb" a rh / temp meter from home depot. Repurposed a small clip mount fan and had a big long card board tube/box...like box tube bout 4" by 4" for circulation haha... And wrapped the power chord around the hangar-bar in my closet. Filled up an old kitty litter bucket with dirt from outside and bam, i was ready. Grew it out for about a month until there was an "inspection" coming up. Left it at a buddys house and never saw it again...i vegged it only. Never flowered it.

I caught up with him later and asked how it went. He said he cut it down cause there were bugs, and that the inside of the buds had rotted with caterpillars inside. He said he barely got a gram off it. I was like...well...lets try it! And he was like...dude, you dont want to. Haha.

So... I grew a plant halfway. I didnt try again til just about a year ago. Outdoor, cherry ak, fox farm nutes. Nanners. Chopped early, dried too fast. Harsh smoke even in a joint. But, left me with a love for growing.

Third try:
IMG 20150922 224452

Currently on my next try

Great thread. Respect all around

wokkabear

wokkabear

loving reading the posts about all of your first grows ive expanded my genetics collection and found out what my bag seeds are there a cross of super iced grapefruit x double berry so have about 20 or so of these a huge bag of thai seeds gifted from a friend at work from the late 90's, tutankhamon (pheno of ak47), blue treacle, pink ogre, pineapple chunk, custard cream, og kush, the widow, blue pyramid, critcal auto, chocoloco, purple paralysis and auto lemon.

on the cards left to get are some lemon venom, blueberry twist blue dream and if i can talk my friend from work into letting me buy his green crack seeds that he won in a facebook comp from the local seed and smoking equipment store that is now closed down due to constant theft of vapers

good grow vibes to you all and may your nugs allways stay frosty and big

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

started out with barneys farm laughing buddah fem seed(highly recommend), pineapple chunk fem seed (good but so so yield), and KK straw cream (super awesome plant). had 7 in 4.7 gal pots in a 4x4 tent under 1x600hps and pulled a 17.65 zips dried and cured crop. 2 yrs of researching and asking questions allowed me a successful harvest.
im confused...you had 7 plants total in a 4x4 and they were in what size pots? 4.7gal? What kinda pots were they? Airpots?

Latest posts

Top Bottom