YOUR WORST FIRST YEAR MISTAKE.

• Thread starter chronicdreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

This is funny. I have lots.

1) I somehow got through four entire cycles/rooms full of DWC hydro-buckets without EVER checking the pH of the solution - then I lost two months and thousands of $$ when the very predictable happened . . . .

2) Not using RO water with a municipal water supply (and yes I know I am talking to half the forum on that one)

3) Wasting a lot of money trying to rig shit instead of buying the right gear the first time- i.e. trying to use a bladed 30w duct-fan when a CAN 8" centrifugal fan was needed.

4) Not setting up odor mitigation while trimming down 20 oz's. The police showed up at my door with hash all over my fingers, trimmings everywhere, I was pie-eyed as hell. Apparently they could smell it when they pulled into the neighborhood.

"Sir we have a marijuana odor emanating from your house"

Four uniformed police interupting your trim job in the middle of Rachel Maddow has a way of scaring the living shit out of you. The med cards worked like a charm though. Good thing I had some smoke on hand. :)

And, far and away, my worst, costliest, most frustrating, boneheaded mistake EVER:

4) Buying clones that I knew had mites (some bum-hippy fuck advertising on craigslist back when you could do that) because I wanted the strain he was advertising.

The strain was shit and the mites turned out to be pyrethrin-immune - I didn't know they came like that then. I didn't respect the buggers yet.

I think I will probably come up with a bunch more.

putembk

putembk

This is funny. I have lots.

1) I somehow got through four entire cycles/rooms full of DWC hydro-buckets without EVER checking the pH of the solution - then I lost two months and thousands of $$ when the very predictable happened . . . .

2) Not using RO water with a municipal water supply (and yes I know I am talking to half the forum on that one)

3) Wasting a lot of money trying to rig shit instead of buying the right gear the first time- i.e. trying to use a bladed 30w duct-fan when a CAN 8" centrifugal fan was needed.

4) Not setting up odor mitigation while trimming down 20 oz's. The police showed up at my door with hash all over my fingers, trimmings everywhere, I was pie-eyed as hell. Apparently they could smell it when they pulled into the neighborhood.

"Sir we have a marijuana odor emanating from your house"

Four uniformed police interupting your trim job in the middle of Rachel Maddow has a way of scaring the living shit out of you. The med cards worked like a charm though. Good thing I had some smoke on hand. :)

And, far and away, my worst, costliest, most frustrating, boneheaded mistake EVER:

4) Buying clones that I knew had mites (some bum-hippy fuck advertising on craigslist back when you could do that) because I wanted the strain he was advertising.

The strain was shit and the mites turned out to be pyrethrin-immune - I didn't know they came like that then. I didn't respect the buggers yet.

I think I will probably come up with a bunch more.
I did all that shit myself. lol except #4 oh add pm to the mix

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

Add over ferting and you have a basic first year yup. Growing pains lmao.

putembk

putembk

Bottom line, your gonna make mistakes. Do as much research as possible and go out and do it. When you do fuck up learn and don't do it again.

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

Though the number one mistake I remember making was thinking my harvest would last forever. I was down to my last few joints when I started garden number 2.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I Over-dosed on dank oil in the middle of cleaning my hydro-dwc and killed 24 mid bud plants.........yea guys, 1st year mistakes can be much worse................Take it easy

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
My first indoor grow was WAY too hot, had bugs, I set off a p bomb with the light on and fried all the leaves and I had 4-5' tall plants in one gallon pots :eek:. This was before the internet and I didn't know a single person that grew at the time. I still harvested some herb and paid a couple bills but it was a pathetic grow. It's pretty funny to look back on those days. I'll see if I can dig up a pic and scan it in at some point.

edit: Forgot about my "nutes" haha. I think the only thing I used the entire grow was some Monster Bloom powder. I had NO idea what the hell I was doing.

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

I believed the nutrient company hype. All these products for this and that. Ha I get by with a few things per grow now not 16-20.
MW

Early in my start, I flew to Canada to get Advanced Nutes. Before they would sell in the US. Went straight to source. Cost me retard money. The Canadian people creeped me out a lil. Too polite and nice to my Jersey Boy ways. Also met the only man to out smoke me yet. Remo from the grow show.

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

My first indoor grow was WAY too hot, had bugs, I set off a p bomb with the light on and fried all the leaves and I had 4-5' tall plants in one gallon pots :eek:. This was before the internet and I didn't know a single person that grew at the time. I still harvested some herb and paid a couple bills but it was a pathetic grow. It's pretty funny to look back on those days. I'll see if I can dig up a pic and scan it in at some point.

I have gone to trouble shoot gardens that were so bad, I stripped naked at my garage door rather than bring in spores and mites into my own garden.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I have gone to trouble shoot gardens that were so bad, I stripped naked at my garage door rather than bring in spores and mites into my own garden.

Been there. I was helping out this guy who was failing miserably due to the worst mite infestation I've ever seen. I would come home, strip naked at the mud room door, throw my shit right in the washer and go jump in the shower. I did that daily for over a month...It sucked but I remained mite free through all that which is pretty amazing.

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

under estimating the smell...

Just like farts, you kinda get used to your own smell. I remember my friends telling me they knew soon as they hit the neighborhood whereas I was like " what smell?"

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

forgot to plug the pump back in after changing nutes last week. Fried all the plants. 4 weeks in to flower.

DOH!
I did this. week 6.

Don't know if it is sad or funny that we all have made same ones.

heres one: forget pump is on during a nute change and flood some shit

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Letting them grow too big and not accounting properly for that size after harvest. I had a problem that first harvest, they were extremely difficult to handle.

Top Bottom