Youtube Startd Pulling Vids

• Thread starter EugeneOregon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Youtube began pulling videos I made about marijuanna refinement saying they violated community standards. All my videos have now been deleted and I will not be posting any more. Sorry. As far as I know all my activities are legal in Oregon but it violates Youtube policy.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Youtube began pulling videos I made about marijuanna refinement saying they violated community standards. All my videos have now been deleted and I will not be posting any more. Sorry. As far as I know all my activities are legal in Oregon but it violates Youtube policy.

Whoa! I thought yours were tastefully done. Wonder who/what is driving that?

The good news is that they can't keep you from posting on forums like this one.

Facebook removed Graywolf, after ostensibly one of my detractors complained it wasn't a real person's name. Have you pissed anyone off lately??

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Whoa! I thought yours were tastefully done. Wonder who/what is driving that?

The good news is that they can't keep you from posting on forums like this one.

Facebook removed Graywolf, after ostensibly one of my detractors complained it wasn't a real person's name. Have you pissed anyone off lately??
I have no complaints at all anout Youtube or Facebook. It is their site(s) and computers and stuff. I believe them when they say they reviewed the topic and it does not meet their standards so no worries. They even allowed I could appeal the decision which seems overly fair anyway but I thought best just to take down those vids and delete the account. Better safe than sorry and my intentions where to comply with stuff. Odd the first video that triggered this was one of my older and most watched suggestion new policies in place. It's their gig.

Lolz it was not Academy Award winning stuff lolz anyway and I just wanted to share data but my older self says to look at it their way too - I do not want to promote drug use but only share data. It was the technical aspect of the problem being solved that I intended to focus on. I see it their way too so no worries.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

seems like youtube has been cracking down on random weed vids lately from what im reading
It is not just weed vids. This year they implemented sticter policies about monetizing too which I did not do. The problem is that advertisers saw eir ads pop up on sites they considere immoral, like Nazi propoganda sites and such. Advertisers started pulling their $$$ because of this sort of thing. I even read that some gun videos demonstrating lawful and safe techniques that have been up for years also got deleted and accounts put in limbo or turned off after this last gun shooting at a school. Apparently one modification done to the shooters weapon to the gun stock was picked up on by the media so any video demonstrating this mod (which is for show and actually reduces gun accuracy) was summarily delete by youtube.

They have taken big hits by advertisers and my hunch is that their entire spectrum of offerings shrank because of this. Anything guns, drugs, child exploitation, or anything else that an online advertiser might walk away from. Their changes this year are in response to a steep drop off in revenue from ads. It is odd that they would target the refinement process and old videos too, at least at first. Before the first got deleted it had a couple thousand views and had been up a year.

I never click through youtube ads anyway nor allowed them on my stuff so youtube isnt missing anything with me gone. I liked sharing data because I,live alone and it helps to have something to share online to chat about, but it is not all that important to me. Youtube for me has only rarely been entertaining on its own - the one exception was a guy filming himself pissing on an elevtric cattle fence lolz. I cried laughing over that one. Most vids though are pretty much the same stuff done over and over and pretty light of data and such.

Venmo is mich less restictive and don't seem to care about adding your own music to stuff either without copyright notices and stuff. If I wanted to put up more vids I would do it there but probably wont fiddle with vids much anymore. I end up arranging things so the ipad camera can see stuff and it kind of gets in the way. I still have a LOT to learn and new projects coming online and need to focus really on solving the problems instead of documenting so much. Given the thousands of views from the vids that are now down the information is out there now anyway and some have even written me the info was useful so the ideas have been passed along and I think that is good. The info just gets stale when left up would be the bright side to this.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
20 bucks says some hater reported you a bunch... Gotta love em

Graywolf

Graywolf

It is not just weed vids. This year they implemented sticter policies about monetizing too which I did not do. The problem is that advertisers saw eir ads pop up on sites they considere immoral, like Nazi propoganda sites and such. Advertisers started pulling their $$$ because of this sort of thing. I even read that some gun videos demonstrating lawful and safe techniques that have been up for years also got deleted and accounts put in limbo or turned off after this last gun shooting at a school. Apparently one modification done to the shooters weapon to the gun stock was picked up on by the media so any video demonstrating this mod (which is for show and actually reduces gun accuracy) was summarily delete by youtube.

They have taken big hits by advertisers and my hunch is that their entire spectrum of offerings shrank because of this. Anything guns, drugs, child exploitation, or anything else that an online advertiser might walk away from. Their changes this year are in response to a steep drop off in revenue from ads. It is odd that they would target the refinement process and old videos too, at least at first. Before the first got deleted it had a couple thousand views and had been up a year.

I never click through youtube ads anyway nor allowed them on my stuff so youtube isnt missing anything with me gone. I liked sharing data because I,live alone and it helps to have something to share online to chat about, but it is not all that important to me. Youtube for me has only rarely been entertaining on its own - the one exception was a guy filming himself pissing on an elevtric cattle fence lolz. I cried laughing over that one. Most vids though are pretty much the same stuff done over and over and pretty light of data and such.

Venmo is mich less restictive and don't seem to care about adding your own music to stuff either without copyright notices and stuff. If I wanted to put up more vids I would do it there but probably wont fiddle with vids much anymore. I end up arranging things so the ipad camera can see stuff and it kind of gets in the way. I still have a LOT to learn and new projects coming online and need to focus really on solving the problems instead of documenting so much. Given the thousands of views from the vids that are now down the information is out there now anyway and some have even written me the info was useful so the ideas have been passed along and I think that is good. The info just gets stale when left up would be the bright side to this.

We for sure know that U-Tube, Instagram, and Facebook are all under pressure and scrutiny from the feds on any number of subjects, including the last election. The bigger question is who is making the decisions and why??

Their ball, but our ballgame and while our first amendment rights weren't eliminated, they were discriminated against.

I've only got one video up via U-Tube and one via Vimeo, so no authority. The U-Tube one was of a cannabis related lecture at Portland State University by a PhD, plus us'ns, so betting it is safe and the Vimeo was for a Haskel pump rebuild, with cannabis not even mentioned, so ostensibly safe as well.

Early on we had some video's taken by a professional photographer, but alas we were dismayed at our lack of polish, so decided to regroup with scripts and practice beforehand, but it never came to pass. What I did instead, was buy a good Nikon digital camera for quality stills and write instead of gab.

Here in Oregon OMMP operated reasonably smoothly until Measure 91 was passed, legalizing recreational cannabis, which did several things. Although the measure specifically states that it doesn't in any way change OMMP medical rules, the first thing they did was put them both under OLCC and change the OMMP rules.

One of those new rules made it a felony to extract without a permit, but Eugene's postings were about post processing and refinement, so ostensibly didn't violate Oregon laws.

The second things was that it drew the ire of the feds, including the hard core cannabis haters that still think medical cannabis is a farce, so they are pushing back the way the feds push back, one of which is going after the interstate service providers and banks, to take away our resources.

One interstate service provider is of course public media, under serious fire over ISIS, jihad, and election tampering, so they are ostensibly reacting with a wide pendulum swing that takes out all the low hanging fruit without serious review.

So far they haven't taken on the cannabis sites like this one, but you can be assured that they are aware of it, at least monitor it, and seriously wish they could. Not so easy since many are international and the feds would require international support.

A long way of saying that besides death, the one thing in life that is absolutely assured is change, and those who tolerate it best, typically do best. Losing U-Tube is an mere inconvenience that stirs ingenuity and makes the remaining avenues more precious.

Graywolf

Graywolf

PS: Another thing that the feds did, was put the screws to Oregon to prove they are in complete control of the medical cannabis program cannabis, so the feds don't step in.

P

progeny-prodigy

this makes me so sad. I literally just got a program so i could download the videos from youtube to keep for reference material cause of the last time u took down ur videos. i knew some lik this would happen. is there anywhere else that u post ur videos

Illmind

Illmind

The online police been heavy on these things.. seen many other things just vanish shortly after the feds announced they were targeting online outlets where drugs can be bought I thought they were talking fetty but almost everything has taken a hit some form or another..

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Wtf they gonna do with all the IG baggers? I've ever been on IG, but everyone tells me I'll increase my client base hugely by being on there. Full of growrrs

Latest posts

Top Bottom