Yumboldt outdoors '10

• Thread starter Kllrbeeez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kllrbeeez

7 Yumboldts that were germinated on 4/20. They are being vegged outside when its nice and in my 4 bulb 24" flouro "HillBilly Hut" when it's not and to extend the daylight hours to 17/7.
I plan on puting them out in their permanent homes on/or about 15May. They will be split into two different sites, the holes already dug and awaiting shipment. The sites were ammended with worm castings, goat poo, and a topsoil/compost mix I shook up.
These seeds were ordered from Attitute about a month ago. I ordered them and then went on ICMag and found out that in the Sag '06 raid they lost the original parents to this strain. On studying up a little, Tony had said they did not lose any parents as they always keep clones with friends. He later admited he DID lose these parents. I emailed him and asked how they re-made the new strain, whether they used seed stock to re-make cause its an unhybridized strain, or what. He promptly answered that he made the seeds using a clone mother that a friend had in keeping during the raid, and used seed stock to find males they experimentally crossed "until satisfied". I have never grown the old strain. When the seeds arrived they were in breeders pack but had the # '2000' written in pen on the back. I re-emailed Tony and sent him a picture of the pack and asked if he knew if the seeds were from old stock or new. He said new, made in 2008, the pen written # having nothing to do with his end. 7 out of the 10 germed. the smaller one in the pics germed about 2 days later than the rest, but not showing any "runt" (slow-er growth) than the others.
This is my first grow using Sagarmatha gear. I will say the seedlings are VERY vigorous and healthy.
Tony has been exceptionally quick to answer any questions, and shows enthusiasm at my interest. Will post pictures of the spots and their new tenants when I go out next week to transplant.

En guard
On the outside looking in
Yumbodlts tanning
K

Kllrbeeez

Transplant 5/11/10

For a complex myriad of reasons I went ahead and transplanted 4/7 Yumboldt babies yesterday. My sailboat haul-out appointment got bumped up to today, college paper got me buggn, all that jazz. So with very little forsight or planning I had to make do with what I had. Which was a 10 speed bike I call the NINJA, a 12V battery box, and a roll of duct tape.
The first pic is the Yumboldts lookn grits and gravy. I took the two in the middle (#'s 2 and 3), the one on the far left bottom(#5), and the little cutie that's been tryn to catch up to her sisters, far right (#7). The second pic is the NINJA all ready to ride, and the 3rd pic is the babies ready to roll sittn up front on the handlebars. Did not use a lid as it was a beautiful day.
The grow spot I got ready is about 9 miles away from the Hillbilly Hut basecamp. I had to stop about a block away after starting and line the bottom of the box with grass to stop the babies from bouncen around too much. It was like that electronic football game where the little dudes just vibrate around tackln each other. Only saw one cop on the way and I laughed so hard I almost crashed. That pig didn't have a clue.
After a helluva ride I got em out all safe and sound. I remembered the site being a little bigger in my ever shrinking memory and decided to only put #'s 2, 3, and 7 in it (pic 4). The last pic is #5 is going el natural on her own about 200 yards away, no ammendments, just dug a hole with my knife and dropped her in. All were watered with water I had on site from hiking it out previously. Now, ve vait.

#'s 1, 4, and 6 are still in the hut cause for them ladies I gotta strap on some hip-waders and cross a creek at night to plant them out. Will try and do it close to early dawn/dusk to be able to snap a pic or two of the site and plants before boogeyn.

Best of Luck to Everyone.

Transplant Day for 47
The Ninja Transplanter
Babies riden up front
Outside and chilln as of 51110
5 by her lonesome
K

Kllrbeeez

2nd Transplant 5/13/10

Alright, the ol hip-wader creek had turned into a chest-wader creek. I left at late dusk and waded upstream for about 300 yards before crossing over and hittn the opposite beach. It was a lot like Infantry training really, high crawl, low crawl, 3-5 second rush, just like ol times.
The pic is the girls on the morning of 5/13/10. I worked on my boat all yesterday then went back and took only 2 of them out to transplant last night (#'s 1 and 6).
I didn't take any pics of the cross creek spots cause it was dark and I didn't wanna take my camera less I hit a deep hole and had to go submarine style for a bit. This site is amended too but has no little/fence barrier up.
#4 is still in the hut and I haven't figured out what I'm gonna do with her yet. Give to a buddy, plant at the neighborhood police station, plant at my college, ?
It will be quiet in here for a bit as things won't get exceptionally interesting till about Sept through Oct.
Take care everybody, and I'll see y'all broke mother #*%@"s later!

Kickn
K

Kllrbeeez

Update, Juan in a Million

Alright alright alright, got one female out of the three in the first plot. #5 that was goin Lonesome Dove got et up by something/everything. The two across the creek are GHANDI as well, no knowledge, no harm, no foul.
The three in spot #1 were strong growers. The first pic is them on 6/19/10, after being supercropped about 2/3 weeks earlier.
Coming home from vacation in mid July, I found the two bigger plants, (approx. 36inches and bushy, strong stems, heavy odor) were preflower'n male and whacked. I didn't get a picture before killn the males, but all three together were a beauty little sight. #7, the one that was always about a week or two behind since germ is the lone female now. After I killed the males I tied the female over at 90* and she has filled out nicely, standn now about 40inces and good side branching. Pic 2, of #7 on 8/03/10
All three grew exactly the same; strong stems, short side branching until trained/branches spaced away from the main stem, and the same relative height/girth.
The female, "Julie" (from here on out), doesn't stink as much as her borthers did, yet, and I'm excited to have the structure she does for flowering out in a cold wet climate, more branching and relatively smaller buds should bring down the chance for extreme mold issues. Will post some exciting pics in a couple more weeks as promised.

Yumboldts 61910
7 8310
K

Kllrbeeez

Update 9/23/10

So it's hard to imagine, but the weather here has been shite all summer, and it's only gonna get worse.
Here's a picture of Julia a day or two ago. SomeTHING, (whomever/whatever obviously wants to remain anonymous), ate the bottom two branches off the port-side a little bit ago. Fucker. They were gnawed off and left on the ground as an insult to my/her injury. But, the plant is healthy, I don't have to worry about water anymore, and hopefully we got another 30 days of frost free weather to finish-up in.

Cheers and best of Luck to Everyone

Yumboldt 92310
Close up off a top
symbiote420

symbiote420

That's a tough one unless you from Humboldt, I think it's a bunch of afghani and/or hindu kush region plants bred together. I wanna know this answer myself!

Latest posts

Top Bottom