Zinc Deficiency - interesting read and good to know..

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

So I started seeing a pale yellow look to one of my biggest girls that's in flower. I've currently got 7 plants in flower and this is the only one displaying an overall pale hue. I've narrowed it down to a Zinc deficiency but at this point it just seems strange that only 1 out of 7 plants is having the problem. I'll post pictures of the plant when lights come on but I did find this to be an interesting bit of information:

"Zinc deficiencies can be a result of a number of biotic and abiotic reasons. High active populations of Mycorrhizal fungi and or overwatering have a similar outcome but different effect on the roots, limiting their ability to absorb some nutrients like zinc creating deficiencies. It is believed almost 50% of Zn uptake happens because of Mycorrhizal fungi in your media."

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Some pics of the plant:

IMG 2076
IMG 2077

You can see she's much lighter green than the other 2 girls. Her lower leaves seem to be darker green which indicates to me that this is not nitrogen related.

I was thinking maybe this was light related so I've increased my lights and also dimmed them a bit to get back down under 1k umol/s

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
It would be nice to see if it perks up to a healthy green after a dose of chelated micros.
In organics humics/fulvics + MOs may go the trick, depending on medium.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

It would be nice to see if it perks up to a healthy green after a dose of chelated micros.
In organics humics/fulvics + MOs may go the trick, depending on medium.

Yeah I've been reading that it can also just be genetic and pheno related as well and most of the time you see the leaf changes a few weeks into flower which in this case would make sense. I have a pic from 10 days ago and the plant had dark green luster.

I'm using Promix BX with EWC/Mycco with the odd bit of epsom salts and Gaia Green for my nute line

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Elaborate. I don't know what it is.
I don't know what it is either, but those buds would not look as good as they do if you had a Zn deficiency. The tops suffer badly, while the rest of the plant looks generally OK. Also, the chlorotic leaves will have a striped appearance — the yellowing tends to be between leaf veins, not all over the leaf.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I don't know what it is either, but those buds would not look as good as they do if you had a Zn deficiency. The tops suffer badly, while the rest of the plant looks generally OK. Also, the chlorotic leaves will have a striped appearance — the yellowing tends to be between leaf veins, not all over the leaf.

Ughhhhhhh. Now I'm leaning even more to it just being phenotypes. It was so dark in veg. The buds do look a bit smaller/less developed than the other 2 plants which seems strange considering it was the strongest plant from seed. But if it was more sativa-leaning then this would all make sense and just be normal.

Thanks for the input

Latest posts

Top Bottom