Zinc Sulfate

• Thread starter Ninjadik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Ninjadik

https://www.greenwaybiotech.com/products/zinc-sulfate-monohydrate-35-5?variant=3508963393

Does anyone use this? Was reading through some threads and I noticed nightmarecreature uses this at 1/8 tsp per gallon. I'm going to purchase it and try it out as well but can anyone help me with a few questions?

I'm running a recirculating top feed system with coco and one gallon pots. I am currently using regen a root but not too happy with the results I've been getting.

Can I just dump the powder into the reservoir and let it recirculate every feed and just add more powder when I water? Is it possible for me to just mix it into my bottle of regen a root without it messing it up? Trying to see if it would be easier to dump it into my reservoir or dump it into the big regen a root bootle.

How should I use the zinc on clones? Do I mix a gallon of water just with the zinc and RO water ph and feed once it has roots or should I soak my cubes in a solution with the zinc? If I'm using RO will the zinc and water be okay or would I need to add calmag and food? Having problems with yellowing clones that's why...

Thank you for any help or input you can give.

X.rm

X.rm

https://www.greenwaybiotech.com/products/zinc-sulfate-monohydrate-35-5?variant=3508963393

Does anyone use this? Was reading through some threads and I noticed nightmarecreature uses this at 1/8 tsp per gallon. I'm going to purchase it and try it out as well but can anyone help me with a few questions?

I'm running a recirculating top feed system with coco and one gallon pots. I am currently using regen a root but not too happy with the results I've been getting.

Can I just dump the powder into the reservoir and let it recirculate every feed and just add more powder when I water? Is it possible for me to just mix it into my bottle of regen a root without it messing it up? Trying to see if it would be easier to dump it into my reservoir or dump it into the big regen a root bootle.

How should I use the zinc on clones? Do I mix a gallon of water just with the zinc and RO water ph and feed once it has roots or should I soak my cubes in a solution with the zinc? If I'm using RO will the zinc and water be okay or would I need to add calmag and food? Having problems with yellowing clones that's why...

Thank you for any help or input you can give.
I dont think your clones yellowing is due to a zinc (ZN) deficiency. ZN is used in very minute amounts, it's an important micronutrient but most major brands of fertilizers has adequate amounts in either they're 3 part micro or even most 2 part "complete" fertilizers. While it's true that chlorosis of leaves is a sign of a ZN deficiency so is magnesium and calcium or even nitrogen. Since your using coco as your medium your going to have calmag issues regardless until levels build up and the coco stops binding it, that and the fact that your using RO water means that more than likely you have little to no minerals in your water. You should use a calmag supplement with every feeding regardles when your in coco. I've never heard of regenaroot but you shouldn't just "DUMP" anything in your reservoir or ever mix nutes directly and not in water. The chemicals will bind and precipitate and basically you'll fuck shit up. Forget about ZN and focus on giving your plants what they want and need, such as... NUTRIENTS !!! your plants are starving, after the first couple of days feed it a really, really mild solution. I personally use clonex clone solution the 1st week to 10 days also a foliar like spray n grow. After this i feed my clones every other day with a solution at 200 ppm's. Best of luck bro, peace

MrBlah

MrBlah

Taking a few assumptions into account, 1/8th tsp of zinc sulfate per 1 gallon of water will create a solution with about 250ppm zinc. Or about 1000x more than you really need in the water you are feeding with. This will not solve your problem. It will make it worse. Unless of course you are only adding 1/8th tsp/gal as a 1000x stock solution that you feed at a rate of 1.0 mL/L(~4 mL/gal)

Your problems are not likely zinc related as X.rm said. They are more likely something else macronutrient related instead of micronutrient related.

If you are not using an RO system for water filtration, you more likely have a sodium and chloride build up in your system. You should take a water sample and have it tested. Look into sending it to a lab like QAL.us

If you are running an RO system for water filtration then you problem have build up of a specific nutrient and you should take a water sample and have it tested. Again, qal.us is a cheap lab to use. $32.50 to get a test done.

In the short term, after you take a water sample, do a complete water change.

X.rm

X.rm

Taking a few assumptions into account, 1/8th tsp of zinc sulfate per 1 gallon of water will create a solution with about 250ppm zinc. Or about 1000x more than you really need in the water you are feeding with. This will not solve your problem. It will make it worse. Unless of course you are only adding 1/8th tsp/gal as a 1000x stock solution that you feed at a rate of 1.0 mL/L(~4 mL/gal)

Your problems are not likely zinc related as X.rm said. They are more likely something else macronutrient related instead of micronutrient related.

If you are not using an RO system for water filtration, you more likely have a sodium and chloride build up in your system. You should take a water sample and have it tested. Look into sending it to a lab like QAL.us

If you are running an RO system for water filtration then you problem have build up of a specific nutrient and you should take a water sample and have it tested. Again, qal.us is a cheap lab to use. $32.50 to get a test done.

In the short term, after you take a water sample, do a complete water change.
Not to put mr blah on BLAST, but if you use RO water all macro snd micronutrients will be eliminated as all minerals. Thats the whole point of using RO water, to stsrt with a clean slate and know what exactly is in your solution. You dont need to psy or send money to anyone. Youf plants havent been fed and theyre cannibalizing themselves. Plsin and simple, the chlorosis (yellowing of leaves) is due to nutrient deficiency. At this point it could be a bunch of nutes, start off with a light solution of 300 ppm's include Nitrogen, Micro, and Bloom + calmag. hou dhould see a Difference in 2 to 4 day's

Top Bottom