Zkittlez harvest in mid August

• Thread starter Indoortooutdoor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Hey
I’m wondering if harvesting zkittlez in mid august is normal in the northeast? I have 12 growing, pretty uniform growth, but 1 is ready to chop down. All tricome heads are milky. 1 amber here and there.
All the others are in various stages of flowering but not close to this 1.
Oh, these are outdoors in 10 gal bags with pro mix. I bought the seed from ilgm. Started seed indoors early May. Put outside as soon as they sprouted. Planted in grow bags beginning of june, thinking a short veg before the solstice came to keep plants shorter. Lmao. Zkittles are all 6-7’ and my gdp are about 7+’ and one being 8’8”. All plants are in 10 gal bags. Yes, doing well with min issues.

Thanks

Zkittlez harvest in mid august
Zkittlez harvest in mid august 2
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd say it's better not to harvest all the plants at once, so you can spread out the trimming. Be sure to check the trichomes on the buds. Could we see a close-up picture of the buds? The pistils in the pictures still look white. Usually, they'll be amber when it's harvest time.

Harvest time is a matter of what the grower wants from the weed. Cloudy trichomes produce more uplifting and stimulating clear-headed cerebral effects while amber trichomes tend to result in heavier, more intense effects.

Z

Zill

Indoor,

I’m in the NE. I harvested last year first week in October. It could have gone another couple weeks but a major rain event was coming in. Didn’t want to soak the buds.

This year I planted first week in April. Looking at the plant, I’ll bet I got at least another month.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Assuming that would be considered one of those, fast, strains? And I don’t know that much about it, but wouldn’t that kind of cross be kind of a crapshoot? Couldn’t the seed result in 100% auto, or 100% reg, and any combination in between. Depending on which phenotype expresses?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I'd say it's better not to harvest all the plants at once, so you can spread out the trimming. Be sure to check the trichomes on the buds. Could we see a close-up picture of the buds? The pistils in the pictures still look white. Usually, they'll be amber when it's harvest time.

Harvest time is a matter of what the grower wants from the weed. Cloudy trichomes produce more uplifting and stimulating clear-headed cerebral effects while amber trichomes tend to result in heavier, more intense effects.
💯

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Assuming that would be considered one of those, fast, strains? And I don’t know that much about it, but wouldn’t that kind of cross be kind of a crapshoot? Couldn’t the seed result in 100% auto, or 100% reg, and any combination in between. Depending on which phenotype expresses?
Yes that would be a fast variety. In my testing they're pretty consistent with triggering outdoors. IMHO you should breed strains that are pretty close. But if both parents are outstanding you tend to get pretty good off spring in my testing leaning either way. I like how big they get compared to a auto and outdoors they finish about 4weeks earlier than a regular photo period. Here in Michigan this misses the cold and wet lat September bud rott weather.

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Pics coming. There’s only 1 plant looking ready. None of the others are near being done.
This one particular zkittles has all milky tricomes, very very few amber. 1/2 or so of the pistils have changed. But the brachs are not so swollen either.
My first zkittles grow, so know little.

Catspaulding- I’d love not to have to harvest all at once! And the way these zkittles are growing. I won’t have too.
And I prefer more amber tricomes on my weed, I like more of a body high. Wife, more uppy. So I do a mixture of harvest times.

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

it looks like less than half pistils have turned. So it seems to be a hold off period. But with all milky tricomes, how long do I wait?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Another one of those damned conundrums!😁 No law says you have to chop it all at the same time. Take half the plant one time, and then wait and take the other half and see how you like it. Looks a little early to me.

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Another one of those damned conundrums!😁
I grew indoors for years and never had this issue. But I have about 12 other zkittlez right behind. So I could Guinea pig this one I guess.
But I grew clones of same strain for 2 years, so I just knew. Outdoors I’m learning and any good info will be appreciated.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Finishing in August is a little strange also. So who knows! Maybe the trichs will stay cloudy for three more weeks before they start turning. Have fun! And good luck! Maybe this plant just likes fucking with your head!😆

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Finishing in August is a little strange also. So who knows! Maybe the trichs will stay cloudy for three more weeks before they start turning. Have fun! And good luck! Maybe this plant just likes fucking with your head!😆
That’s a possibility. We’ll know soon enough.

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

So this morning I harvested a 6’ zkittlez plant. Not sure what’s going on with this one. The others are weeks away. There’s 12 of these big cola like buds. I only trimmed lower branches in veg stage.
I left several branches on to let go for a heavier affect.

AE1B694B 7B56 4310 A51B 1484EBF83E1E
E6894417 B322 4106 866A 7E3A812D909A
A3668AE8 7DF7 4A1C A3B8 E5DC52CA7BEF
Top Bottom