Zodiaccupuncture - the trialz & tribulationz of Z

• Thread starter Theoneandonly Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Man the farm is a good place.

A little about me: Ive been growing indoor for about 8 years solid. My first year i had great success with a small closet grow which led to me investing into blowing out my little 2 car garage. I had my own house in downtown Seattle at the age of 19. Had one roommate and together we hustled to make rent & bills. life was great, dropped outta college didnt worry about a job and was hardly sober any given day. I found away to escape reality and live life against the grain, you know "fuck society" type mentality. Did a couple stays at the good ole King County jail, but nothing big. Made some new friends and found some new ends... man the good ole days...

Well a lot has changed since. My life is a bit on lock, got a wife and 2 kiddos = my pride and joy! Living in So Cal at the moment to be closer to my wifes side of the family. Ive been in and out of the hydro store industry as well. But besides all that, ive been the sole operator on different grows throughout the years. In cali i started a consultant gig. I found that ppl down here are willing to throw thousand of $$$ to build a grow, but still have no fucking clue of how to grow a plant. acknowledging this, I learned that its easier to make money by helping people grow, than having to start a new grow from scratch. Anyways its been fun, also has a big down side... people become desperately needy of you and your time because they are to fucking stupid to pull their own head out of their ass... but it was cool, I had my 2nd child and it was important to me that i could stay home with my wife for the 1st year of our newest child's life. During our oldest child's first year of life, i was balls deep in a 45 light grow with a partner... my wife hated it but i was so committed that i couldnt just take the day off ya know. It helped me appreciate time @ home with the kids and also made me realize that i can take time off and grow later.

Well its that time again and future projects are unwinding! during the mean time, ive kept a small grow going to preserve my well kept strains that ive collected through the years. That and i might lose my fucking mind if i dont have plants to take care of at any given point. gardening is my ZEN!

This journal is dedicated to my small grow which has become more of a testing spot; products, genetics, & styles. this is where I solidify an idea and take it to a next level some where else...

My spot:
-2 rooms - (1)10'x9'x8' (1) 12'x10'x8'
i go back and forth between which one is my flower and veg. usually the small one for flower so i can have room for mothers, veg, and clones in the other.
-Flower = (2) 600W lights at a minimum and bump it up to 4 fixtures at times = 24k watts. just depends on what i got going on. I run XXXL magnum hoods (wish i wasnt...)
-Veg = T5's and 400w MH - my light intensity increases with the plants age
-Fresh Air Exchange style in both rooms.
-Since i constantly bring in fresh air, my room varies in temp at around 68-82 degrees at times. usually its pretty consistent, way easier to control when i was doing fresh air exchange in WA...
-1200 btu portable AC (hate the fucking unit and only have to use it in the summer)
-no fancy enviro controllers, no C02, no humidifiers or de humis, no heaters, and most of the time, no AC!

thats about it, its a nice little budget grow that i can hit consistent yields. always shoot for GPW, usually successful unless im testing a theory, new product(s), or strain.

Alrighty, thanks for tuning in, now lets get this show on the road. hope u enjoy:cigar:

p.s. just wanted to point out that this is my 1000 post on the farm and figured its only right to bring you farmers a constant thread of Z's stylee'. happy new year! free Eddy Lepp already!!!:rage:

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

A little about me: Ive been growing indoor for about 8 years solid. My first year i had great success with a small closet grow which led to me investing into blowing out my little 2 car garage. I had my own house in downtown Seattle at the age of 19. Had one roommate and together we hustled to make rent & bills. life was great, dropped outta college didnt worry about a job and was hardly sober any given day. I found away to escape reality and live life against the grain, you know "fuck society" type mentality. Did a couple stays at the good ole King County jail, but nothing big. Made some new friends and found some new ends... man the good ole days...

Well a lot has changed since. My life is a bit on lock, got a wife and 2 kiddos = my pride and joy! Living in So Cal at the moment to be closer to my wifes side of the family. Ive been in and out of the hydro store industry as well. But besides all that, ive been the sole operator on different grows throughout the years. In cali i started a consultant gig. I found that ppl down here are willing to throw thousand of $$$ to build a grow, but still have no fucking clue of how to grow a plant. acknowledging this, I learned that its easier to make money by helping people grow, than having to start a new grow from scratch. Anyways its been fun, also has a big down side... people become desperately needy of you and your time because they are to fucking stupid to pull their own head out of their ass... but it was cool, I had my 2nd child and it was important to me that i could stay home with my wife for the 1st year of our newest child's life. During our oldest child's first year of life, i was balls deep in a 45 light grow with a partner... my wife hated it but i was so committed that i couldnt just take the day off ya know. It helped me appreciate time @ home with the kids and also made me realize that i can take time off and grow later.

Well its that time again and future projects are unwinding! during the mean time, ive kept a small grow going to preserve my well kept strains that ive collected through the years. That and i might lose my fucking mind if i dont have plants to take care of at any given point. gardening is my ZEN!

This journal is dedicated to my small grow which has become more of a testing spot; products, genetics, & styles. this is where I solidify an idea and take it to a next level some where else...

My spot:
-2 rooms - (1)10'x9'x8' (1) 12'x10'x8'
i go back and forth between which one is my flower and veg. usually the small one for flower so i can have room for mothers, veg, and clones in the other.
-Flower = (2) 600W lights at a minimum and bump it up to 4 fixtures at times = 24k watts. just depends on what i got going on. I run XXXL magnum hoods (wish i wasnt...)
-Veg = T5's and 400w MH - my light intensity increases with the plants age
-Fresh Air Exchange style in both rooms.
-Since i constantly bring in fresh air, my room varies in temp at around 68-82 degrees at times. usually its pretty consistent, way easier to control when i was doing fresh air exchange in WA...
-1200 btu portable AC (hate the fucking unit and only have to use it in the summer)
-no fancy enviro controllers, no C02, no humidifiers or de humis, no heaters, and most of the time, no AC!

thats about it, its a nice little budget grow that i can hit consistent yields. always shoot for GPW, usually successful unless im testing a theory, new product(s), or strain.

Alrighty, thanks for tuning in, now lets get this show on the road. hope u enjoy:cigar:

p.s. just wanted to point out that this is my 1000 post on the farm and figured its only right to bring you farmers a constant thread of Z's stylee'. happy new year! free Eddy Lepp already!!!:rage:

FIRST OFF Z! Salute! Wife and first born(and last lol) has grounded me like cement shoes! Secondly. .I need to pick your brain on the "Consultant" tip cuz Arizona NEEDS IT BADLY! Im riding along bro!
Respect!

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Just finished a nice little rip using only 2 600w lights

4x4 bed, reusing my medium - this is 1.5 bales of sunshine #4, 3 bags of Botanicare Readygro Aeration, 1 Bag of EWC, and chunky perlite on bottom. This medium is living with OG biowar + weekly teas and enzymes
IMG 20140125 100058 465

Tahoe Alien F2
IMG 20140125 100839 160

Blackberry Kush x White Rhino
IMG 20140125 100903 001
IMG 20131228 223920 383

Platinum Cherry Pie
IMG 20140125 100917 614

IMG 20140125 101006 794

IMG 20140125 100928 748
IMG 20140125 100943 765
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

good to have you here @Gamrstwin36 ! feel free to ask any questions, ill try to answer the best i can. PM me as well if you dont wanna post your Q's publicly

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

good to have you here @Gamrstwin36 ! feel free to ask any questions, ill try to answer the best i can. PM me as well if you dont wanna post your Q's publicly

No doubt Z! VERY curious about that consulting! !
Jefferson Airplane! !! Gpops rocks them, Doors, Hall n oates and MASSIVE JAZZ(MILES,ETC)

That platinum cherry pie MUST be good! ! Looks flame! LIKE the others!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Very nice Zman,do you recall the name of that bedliner?ive seen them before and dig how the trellis just plugs into the frame support.

FiveAM

FiveAM

Nice pics. Great results on past grows and consult gigs.

Looking forward to some dank, I'm check it out if you don't mind Z.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Very nice Zman,do you recall the name of that bedliner?ive seen them before and dig how the trellis just plugs into the frame support.

thanks for stopping by. its made by Geopots - they have a bunch of sizes. Whatever you do, dont buy the extra trellis kit. They charge you like an extra 20$ and only send you the netting and 4 pvc elbows. all the rest of the pvc you need to complete the trellis doesnt come with. I called them and asked what am i to do? and they said, "go to Home Depot or something and buy some 3/4" pvc" i was pissed.
http://www.geopot.com/

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Nice pics. Great results on past grows and consult gigs.

Looking forward to some dank, I'm check it out if you don't mind Z.

thanks for peeping, come on in and pull up a seat. this log is just gonna be a variety of shit, hopefully entertaining:cigar:

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

some ish ive been working on. Looking forward to journaling a full grow on this thread in the near future, but now is not the time... so here is some random shit

seeds fresh outta the envelope
IMG 20140129 204026 477
IMG 20140129 204533 763
IMG 20140129 204634 090

This is how i charge my root riot plugs before i clone, also i use this mix (1 tsp/each og biowar nute & root: 1 quart h20) to moisten medium when planting newly germinated seeds.
IMG 20140130 101458 136

IMG 20140201 204232 232

I take pride in my beer
IMG 20140201 204435 707

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

one of my favorite parts of growing = making tea! i dunno why but i just love this shit.

this is my basic tea mix - it gets trickier with some other odds n ends with some lefts and rights......

IMG 20140219 095145 468

Dont judge me on that molasses spillage^^^ i try to keep it classy
IMG 20140219 094910 586

fuck air stones, this is a pvc manifold i made. super easy to clean and seem to work just fine. I use a Eco Air 1 commercial for my 5 gal batches. - the smallest i would recommend

EDIT TO ADD: You see those Seattle Seahawk socks?! fucking right!:finger:

iCultivate

iCultivate

Great intro post mate, sounds you've lived an interesting life!

That and i might lose my fucking mind if i dont have plants to take care of at any given point. gardening is my ZEN!

Hell yeah, I hear you loud and clear on both those points!

Totally subbed for the show mate. Past pics are sweet, really choice looking buds. :)

-- iCultivate --

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Great intro post mate, sounds you've lived an interesting life!

Hell yeah, I hear you loud and clear on both those points!

Totally subbed for the show mate. Past pics are sweet, really choice looking buds. :)

-- iCultivate --

thanks for cruisin by, hope you stick around. i try my best to grow only the most desirable buds, i tend to be picky with very high expectations.... tough being a grower, never satisfied:wtf:

hoping to entertain here!
Z

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Sweet looking nugs... Organicks?

Digging the Aes references..also a fanatic. Kill the ones who speak from a different life brew? I'd rather kill the noisemaker that separate the two

Intense

Intense

Man that's cool you've been consulting, wasn't even aware that kind of job existed!

I'll be pulling up a chair Z. :)

green bastard

green bastard

you sure do take pride in growing kinda reminds me of myslef....you have my attention bro i've got my seat for the show!

Top Bottom