Zoning Laws

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dorje

Dorje

As far as Boulder City zoning, you NEED to go to the planning office on Broadway and Canyon and ask them what their requirements are, and your location will need specific approval. Temporary structures and mmj are not going to be kosher for very long.

Also, there was a deadline for a city mmj licence that just got extended, if you don't get this app in on time it could be a problem, there may be a moratorium until next year, IDK...

It will cost about $20k and 2 months for a city license, building permit, architect and engineer drawings after you rent a place, and before you can even begin work on it.

R

RMCG

As far as Boulder City zoning, you NEED to go to the planning office on Broadway and Canyon and ask them what their requirements are, and your location will need specific approval. Temporary structures and mmj are not going to be kosher for very long.

Also, there was a deadline for a city mmj licence that just got extended, if you don't get this app in on time it could be a problem, there may be a moratorium until next year, IDK...

It will cost about $20k and 2 months for a city license, building permit, architect and engineer drawings after you rent a place, and before you can even begin work on it.

Even for a private caregiver?

Dorje

Dorje

Even for a private caregiver?

Probably. They are only looking at zoning and use, and there are density restrictions that may or may not apply to a CG, which is why you need to ask them.

You might not need the $5k city license, not sure on that one.

IMO, you're better off in a place that has more favorable rules for being a cg as a home business. I think you can get an opcl for a residence in Ned....

R

RMCG

IMO, you're better off in a place that has more favorable rules for being a cg as a home business. I think you can get an opcl for a residence in Ned....

That would have required filling out the app prior to 7/1, right?

Nor do I want to tie a wagon to any MMC.

Dorje

Dorje

That would have required filling out the app prior to 7/1, right?

Nor do I want to tie a wagon to any MMC.

Yeah but the opcl option is there in Ned....

I think unincorporated Boulder County is allowing caregivers as a home biz, thats where I'd be looking. You could pay rent on a nice place for 6 months for the price of drawings and permit fees in an industrial space, then you don't have to worry about inspections, code, and all that bs.

C

canaguy27

We'll get a Quantum and compare side-by-side.... see if there's really any advantage before dropping the big bucks...

I have a quantum for you to try at cost when you are ready.

Where did you see the info on hydrofarm?

Dorje

Dorje

I have a quantum for you to try at cost when you are ready.

Where did you see the info on hydrofarm?

According to our equipment supplier, Hydrofarm (and maybe others) have met with Boulder City building inspectors and have certified their ballasts according to the city's wishes. Boulder has accepted ETL listed equipment from what I have been told (and the city inspector saw the ETL sticker on our xxxls and was ok with it).

I would def. check with the city 1st though, they are making up the rules as they go.

R

RMCG

Just saw this:

Glass is required for reflectors using metal
halide (MH) lamps for UL listing to apply. Glass
is not required for high pressure sodium (HPS)
lamps to be UL listed.

Does that coincide with what you found Dorje? Not specifically on the ballasts, but reflectors/lack of reflectors?

I am preferring vert bare bulb, if possible.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

RMCG, you could always run a cool tube or a vertical water cooled reflector if bare bulb doesn't fly. I'm going with the fresca sol units hung vertically like coxie did.

R

RMCG

RMCG, you could always run a cool tube or a vertical water cooled reflector if bare bulb doesn't fly. I'm going with the fresca sol units hung vertically like coxie did.

I am planning in 5 vertical cool tubes up the middle, but hated the 'look' of it on the peripheral bulbs.

I've ditched any water cooled solutions for now.

Fresca's had leaking issues, fixed now?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I am planning in 5 vertical cool tubes up the middle, but hated the 'look' of it on the peripheral bulbs.

I've ditched any water cooled solutions for now.

Fresca's had leaking issues, fixed now?

Yea, they had a bad o-ring or gasket on the back side that didn't seal right. I'm the type to high temp sillicone stuff like that just to make sure it doesn't leak or melt.

The look? how about weaving your way throught the ducting, that's what turned me off. A 3/4" water line in your way is better than a 6" or 8" duct IMO.

whatever floats your boat, all of this stuff has it's pros and cons that we could debate on all day. :character0053:

R

RMCG

yeah, not trying to debate, more just talking out loud. Don't take it as me nit-picking.

Yeah, the look, as in how they hell am I going to get in there to work on stuff for the next 2 months! Will be more evident @ sully's... :friday:

I would do WC in a heartbeat, but I am afraid this is going to be a hit and run sort of situation until things pan out on the 'CG regulation' side of things.

L

lowdowndirty

can someone tell me whats going on with the north d task force or whatever. adams county is where im located. point me somewhere or more info would be appreciated. im high and paranoid now

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

can someone tell me whats going on with the north d task force or whatever. adams county is where im located. point me somewhere or more info would be appreciated. im high and paranoid now

Keep your yard clean, use a carbon filter, and be inconspicuous. Don't have alot of traffic in and out of your house or a huge dirt pile on top of a foot of snow in your back yard, ect ect. Honestly you have to do something obvious, usually really obvious to get the attention of the popo. Or just blend in, my yard looks like shit but it's ok compared to my neighbors. If you're running a decent ammount of power, like over 8k watts you might want to get a cover up like a hot tub in the back yard. It doesn't need to work, just look like it does for power consumption. But that's getting picky. If your numbers are straight with your card(s) you will be fine, but don't even think about using your card as an excuse to be a jackass. Blend in, be inconspicuous. If you get overly paranoid that's just as bad as too lax.

Be smart, don't go over your numbers, and bend in.

R

RMCG

Ok folks...

Now that the Denver regs are for real and they have 'zoned out residential caregiving', my original question still stands.

What sort of 'zoning' is required in Denver for a caregiver in commercial space?

I will gladly move to a commercial spot, IF they are going to allow it to happen WITHOUT having an MMC / post-1284 permit pulled for 'plant husbandry' prior to 7/1. 1284 only ~really~ pertains to MMC's, correct?

Or will the same permit still be required to a NON-MMC/OPCL growing operation in a commercial space?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

HB1284 is for commercial MMC grows. You're private. Honestly I don't know how denver is going to enforce this zoning law. unless you're being obvious about your grow how is the city of denver going to enforce this law? Everything happens behind closed doors. It seems like it's a smell control/traffic/obnoxious behavior issue. Call the city and ask them how they plan on enforcing the law. I grew big for years in a house and no one knew. they won't know unless your neighbor calls zoning, this is a law designed to clean up riff raff. I have plenty of friends who just won't give a fuck about the BS zoning and keep on keeping on. Good growers design grows to be stealthy, that's what makes us good growers. It will probably be a $100 fine for the first offense. Keep good relations with your neighbors and keep your house looking nice and I doubt you'll EVER have a problem.

The problem with a commercial area is the fire department can come in and do an inspection and shut you down. Commercial sucks, fuck the zoning and let the city weed out the obnoxious newb dipshit caregivers in Denver.

RMCG, it's a ticket. Fuck em'. If you need a carbon filter I've got a spare 4ft can filter that's basically brand new. Good for 1000cfm. If you run two filters inline (put one in a plenum box) there's NO smell. I grew around nosey old people with nothing better to do than make my life hell and they never smelt SHIT!

K

kuz

Can police enforce zoning? I know the zoning inspectors will sneak around and peak over fences if they can, but can they come in your house? I'm guessing if they get a complaint they would have to call the cops to do anything regarding plant counts. If they can smell it they could give you a ticket for some kind of odor nuisance, they didnt have to ban caregivers to accomplish that.

I dont plan on living in Denver, but like RMCG said this could become a trend.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I've grown for years right under their noses. I had my house get robbed, had probably 20 cops in Denver in the house and no one found my hidden grow. If you're obvious about it you'll get weeded out.

Out of sight, out of mind. Not that hard to do. Zoning can't come in your house (unless invited) and the cops need a warrant (unless invited). Zoning just peeps your fence, get a big dog. Keep your gates locked. Don't give anyone evidence to obtain a warrant like throw grow trash in your dumpster. Keep it on the down low. Plant fragrant plants like lavender by your fence.

Sheesh, I get sick of explaining something so simple yet people just can't figure it out.

I'm really glad I got a place in the mountains.

You can bet your ass this will become a trend in every major city, even IF they have an MMC ban. You can thank the dipshits for screwing all of us.

K

kuz

I'm not worried, just want to cover all the angles. No funky aromas coming out of my place. Being around the house too much is a little suspicious. Dont think they would have any power to get a warrant or anything, but dont want to assume anything.

My experience with them and unregistered vehicles I know they can be relentless and really obnoxious over petty things.

It almost seems like an invasion of privacy that they "zone" anything you do inside your home as long as its legal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom