Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

Glad to hear to have some time off to do some work outside of work.

Time is hard to come by when working that's for damn sure!

I used my 1 extra day off for my car stuff lol.

And for the SDXQ#3 clone I'm super surprised it made it. It had maybe 1 square millimeter of top leaf area towards the end. And it stopped wilting, stalled for a week and is starting to catch up. What a will to survive it had! I was rooting for it the whole time.

The SDXQ#1 clone Wizzled up and died day 1 in soil. Seems I have more to learn about cloning yet.

I have one clone left ready to transplant.
The SDXQ#2. It has many roots. So this time I added grow nutrients to the water to help it suck up new nutes for growing outside the bubbler. Hopefully it helps, we will see.
Yea I was hoping it pulled through too, looked rough for a minute. I wish I could do car stuff lol. I still have so much to do to be ready for d-day. Sept 1st or bust lol. Any showing sex yet?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160806 001418

20160806 001435

20160806 001455

Here are some individuals shots.
20160806 001519

20160806 001541

20160806 001557

20160806 001616

And finally some shots in the tent.
20160806 001935

20160806 001955

20160806 002011

The 2 big bagseed are both females.

The SDXQ# 1&2 are still unknown.

SDXQ#3 was removed and placed in the isolation chamber for pollen collection. Testing the stank factor in there.

Once the male was removed there was more room in the tent. So I placed the tallest 2 in the back on 1 side of the cooltube. Then the other smaller 2 in front on the other side of the cooltube.
Then took some pipe cleaners and pulled the main stems slightly apart for better light penetration.

The tallest 2 are now "17!!damn!
They keep stretching I may run out of room & I was even conservative thinking they would triple in size :banghead:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I forgot to mention they got their first feeding of flower nutrients today.
Hopefully the lower N content helps reduce stretch from here on out.

I've already got my next "water" feed mixed up. It consists of leftovers from the last batch (8-10oz), 1 gal water, and 1tbsp molasses.

I'm gonna give my plants diabetes feeding them molasses so much.

Clones are doing well too.
20160806 010921

I transplanted the SDXQ #2.
If this one doesn't have enough roots to survive I don't know lol.
20160806 012328

20160806 012752
Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160806 200837

20160806 200857

Man these gals need to stop stretching haha! Some of the nodes are 4" apart.

Now before you say it, the light is about 5" from the tallest plants it gets adjusted .5" or so each day or as needed as they stretch. I like it as low as possible not to mess with the tallest plants while giving the smaller ones all the light they can get.

I also did a light defoliation down low on all plants.
20160806 014715

I only cut the stunted shoots. I may want more cuts depending on how the plants look during flower.

But SDXQ#2 has 1 female preflower as of today which if it doesn't herm out would give me 3 females so far. Just waiting on the SDXQ #1 to reveal itself now.

The clones are looking good.
20160806 200930

Yesterday's transplant of SDXQ#2 went smoothly, no wilt. I just put it straight into the bigger modified container rather than the 4" intermediate pot.

And once the big bagseed #2 clone gets tall enough I will mainline it and clone another cut too.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I like the detailed posts, I pop on here a lot in my free moments. I'm gonna be running a similar grow as you but in a 4x4. I ordered some good genetics but I'm popping the generic freebies I got first( same idea as your bagseed but less chance for something good lol). I love it here as well because I'm alone in my efforts so this is my support system
You may be surprised. I'm sure many would tell you, and I've seen from personal experience, that some of the best phenos you get out of running seeds can come out of freebies. Of course, nothing's written in stone. Good luck.

They keep stretching I may run out of room & I was even conservative thinking they would triple in size :banghead:
Some strains will have a 4x stretch and more, some even get close to 5x. Hell, for all I know, maybe some go even more.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You may be surprised. I'm sure many would tell you, and I've seen from personal experience, that some of the best phenos you get out of running seeds can come out of freebies. Of course, nothing's written in stone. Good luck.

Some strains will have a 4x stretch and more, some even get close to 5x. Hell, for all I know, maybe some go even more.

I'm definitely hoping for another good round with my big bagseed siblings. Already lucky they were both females.

I was also told by the guy who gave them to me that the smoke they came from was "loud" whatever that means.

And in regards to stretch I'm just blown away at how fast it is occurring.

I think it is due to transplanting them into 2 gallon pots much sooner than my first grow. Allowing them to stretch their legs (roots) in the bigger pots before flower. Hopefully it helps increase my yields or quality this round.

I must admit the SDXQ gals have huge thick branches that just keep growing it's intense.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Just woke up.
The flowering chamber lights had already shut off.
But the lower veg chamber was still lit.

Things are looking good in clone town.
20160807 095251

So I topped bagseed#2 clone and put the cutting into the jacuzzi.

Hopefully I can manage their heights for the next 7 weeks or so lol. It will take some training to keep them low for that long.

Oh yeah btw farm it's my b-day today :D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Happy birthday bro! Enjoy it to the fullest. I'm curious to see how the clones mainline as I hear they're not as uniform as plants from seed

Thx @incogneato !
I must have been lucky because the cuts all still have even node spacing.

Even #2 which is mature and has pre-flowers is still growing even nodes.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thx @Papa Indica !

I will do my best to find some.
Chances are slim though.

You ever heard that saying,

water water everywhere but not a drop to drink?

Well now it is,

Weed plants weed plants everywhere but not a bud to smoke :)

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Thx @Papa Indica !

I will do my best to find some.
Chances are slim though.

You ever heard that saying,

water water everywhere but not a drop to drink?

Well now it is,

Weed plants weed plants everywhere but not a bud to smoke :)
Rhyme of The Ancient Mariner, right?
Water, water, everywhere
and all the boards did shrink
Water, water, everywhere
nor any drop to drink.
Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath were my 2 favorite bands when I was in my early teens and in that order too.
Funny, when I started typing this out I was thinking how this was before you were born. lol I don't think of myself as being that old most of the time.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I'm thinking I must've killed an albatross at some point. lol Or maybe more like the ancient mariner I was with the guys that did and am now living in hell. Only, I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to find port like he did.
Wtf, that's life isn't it? What the fuck am I bitchin' about? lol

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160808 213452

20160808 213510

I did a defoliation of the lowest branches and 1 node above them.
They weren't doing much anyways.

Also 3 outta 4 are flowering now. Creating new budsites and popping pistils out.

I think the SDXQ #1 is female and starting to flower on the canopy first but I'm still unsure. It needs a few more days.

Clone town is doing good.
20160808 213549

The topped clones are responding well. I also pulled some SDXQ#1 cuts and put them in the jacuzzi (not like I need anymore lol).

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Sounds like you didn't score any bud for your b-day but ya got what looks to be 4 ladies this run. Plus a bunch of cuts as well. Not a bad trade

Yeah I'm willing to wait for the good stuff.

I'm very excited that I have (tentatively awaiting confirmation) 4 females.

This round will be a great one!
Ladies are starting to flower
20160808 232838

and the smell is getting good.

Clones are over abundant. Which will secure a good second run. Hopefully they don't overtake the lower chamber. Training them will be tuff.

Top Bottom