• Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160809 210504

20160809 210552

Then back in the tent rearranged a little.
20160809 212509

The tallest one is 21"!!! I have "29 total space she is creeping up on it :sweating:.
Everyday I unzip the tent they are 3" or so from the light with no ill effects.

Hey everyone it is confirmed I have 4 ladies this round!!!! This should be a great round for lucky old me!

They got a light feeding with my "water" (8oz leftover nutes+1 gallon water+molasses). Their pots were bone dry and they were loving it.
Time to mix up some fresh nutes.

Clone town is looking good still.
20160809 213520

Good times ahead :)

On a side note I'd like to bring up something I always do.

The idea that many people use stakes on their plants. Why is this? Training should create thick strong/sturdy branches capable of supporting their own weight.

Using stakes allows your pants to be weak. It teaches them they don't need to be strong.

This is my 2nd grow and the mainlining along with stress training has created a strong set of stems even on the plants who had the skinniest/runtstyle branches. I will be going stakeless/support less again this round.

I believe strongly in each plants ability to overcome it's environmental conditions/variables.

Trust in genetics people. And train your plants well. Think of it like human training. It has to be tough or they will have nothing to overcome.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Been awhile bro see your still kicking ass I really like how those look they are pretty as hell:) I really like stout stemmed plants to and only time I stake is high wind situations.
On lollipoped plants I use a inverted system it helps to stabilize the bottom branches it's pretty cool but twisting,supper cropping and training a strong plant is super badass you are on the right track brother.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Been awhile bro see your still kicking ass I really like how those look they are pretty as hell:) I really like stout stemmed plants to and only time I stake is high wind situations.
On lollipoped plants I use a inverted system it helps to stabilize the bottom branches it's pretty cool but twisting,supper cropping and training a strong plant is super badass you are spot on brother:) can't wait to see them flower!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thx @incogneato , @hiiipower & @MrRojos for the words of encouragement!

This round I am very pleased I got the nute regimen dialed in a little better.
I'm learning what certain signs from the plants are while responding to them.

I must say that this earth juice lineup I really enjoy. None of my leaves have yellowing at the tips. They are fully green. Which just shows how user friendly this stuff is.

I have my fingers crossed this round will be smooth sailing to the end. That mixed with 4 ladies giving me a full tent will give me good dreams :).

On a side note my thcfarmer package @logic sent me has arrived today.
How did he get those from Spain to America in 7 days damn?!! I'm not gonna ask how, I will just say I'm impressed. They arrived in original packaging with the seals intact plus some freebie mystery seeds!!. I can rest easy knowing the rumours about this Site are just from the owners of other seed shops. Thanks @logic ! These are my birthday present to myself.
20160810 152945

Both packs are cookies & cream. I've wanted these cannabis cup winning original seeds for the longest time.
Now I have many:)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160810 210352
20160810 210438

Ladies are looking great still. Nothing new to report.

The SDXQ #3 male in my isolation chamber has popped pistils to go with its pods :(.

Which means it won't be viable for breeding. Time to chop it up, blend it up, cook it up, then drink it up. And stop wasting my nutes,electricity & time on it. That also includes the clone.

Clone town local news report reads.
20160810 210502

Big bagseed #1 was topped again and has 4 tops.
Big bagseed #2 was trimmed/defoliated & has 2 tops.
SDXQ #2 needs to develop more before topping.
SDXQ #3 was a registered hermaphrodite and was kicked out of town.:badboy:

incogneato

incogneato

I must say that this earth juice lineup I really enjoy. None of my leaves have yellowing at the tips. They are fully green. Which just shows how user friendly this stuff is.

I have my fingers crossed this round will be smooth sailing to the end. That mixed with 4 ladies giving me a full tent will give me good dreams :).

How did he get those from Spain to America in 7 days damn?!! I'm not gonna ask how, I will just say I'm impressed. They arrived in original packaging with the seals intact plus some freebie mystery seeds!!. I can rest easy knowing the rumours about this Site are just from the owners of other seed shops. Thanks @logic ! These are my birthday present to myself.
View attachment 624380
Both packs are cookies & cream. I've wanted these cannabis cup winning original seeds for the longest time.
Can't wait to see those exotic genetics go up. I'm looking at grabbing some stuff from the bay when I can save a few bucks as well. You're giving me hope that I can nail it on my first few grows too bro, keep it up.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.

20160811 205129
20160811 205157
20160811 205216

Nothing new to report.
Look at how green and (yellow tip/burn free) all the leaves are.
the tallest is at 21" still. Hopefully that means stretch is almost over.

I would love to use my hps lamp after stretch is done. But the temps are consistantantly 90+ degrees outside this summer. And my window AC unit barely keeps the house around 70 degrees.

It brings my house down to 70 at night. Then after lights go out it drops the house another degree or 2 during the cold morning. And sustains it until I get home. Then the house temp goes up 2 degrees when the lights come back on.

If I add extra heat from the oven or via leaving doors open too long the house temp raises 1-2 more degrees and takes another full day/night cycle to get the house back to around 70.

Tent temps remain @ 80-81° consistantantly. So based on all of this I think my best option is to keep the m.h. running through summer.

I don't need to hear any arguments on using it or not. It is logically my best option. Unless I want my rental agency sending someone in my apt while I'm gone to replace the 2nd unit which is bad. That's a bad idea. Maybe in between a future grow.

Just for reference here is a spectrum comparison between the m.h & the hps I own.

M.h. 29k lumens
Blue

Hps 55k lumens.
Shps

I would love to have those extra lumens. But I'm hoping the metal halide's fat spectrum will help compensate for that.

This is an experiment that is the result of a logical conclusion based on many relevant data points/variables. So let's let it ride and see how things turn out.

Here is clone town.
20160811 212811

If I could shut of that 8 bulb t5 it would help control house temps and possibly allow me to use the hps.
But then again I wouldn't be able to do a solid perpetual style.

Moto

Moto

View attachment 624380

I ordered some Exotic Genetix for my previous Bday gift also. :D I haven't popped them yet but I still know there safe and sound in storage. hehe :D

Can't wait to see these grown out and keep up the great work friend. :) Happy and Healthy Girls.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I ordered some Exotic Genetix for my previous Bday gift also. :D I haven't popped them yet but I still know there safe and sound in storage. hehe :D

Can't wait to see these grown out!

I know how ya feel. I know they will all be amazing. But I still want to save them for as long as possible.

I now have 6 packs of exotic gear.
(2) cookies and cream
(1) flight
(1) pink 2.0
(1) head case
(1) supernatural

One day I will decide I want an elite plant and I'll pop a couple.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160813 233600

I'm sticking to my diminishing light schedule.

1st week 12/12
2nd week 12/12
3rd week 11.5/12.5
4th week 11/13
5th week 10.5/13.5
6th week 10/14
7th week 9.5/14.5
8+ weeks 9/15 (since shortest day of the year is around 9hrs of daylight).

I'm gonna start posting updates once a week from now on. It will be on Sundays. But I'll count this one as Sundays.

I culled the SDXQ hermaphrodite & clone in my isolation chamber today. Then I blended, cooked, strained, ate it & it's clone into milk.
20160813 204831

Got me pretty high. I described the high on another thread during. Here is that description copied over here.

"It is thought stimulating but not racy heart or mind. My body is relaxed and I don't want to get up and walk around (though I could). I just got up to see and I noticed I feel very light lol. Like I was walking on my toes. I am now standing in front of my garden in a meditative like state connecting with the plants. Touching each ones leaves so they can make the physical connection. It is pretty cool."

I hope the other SDXQ that are female have a similar experience to them. It was nice.

Here was the SDXQ #3's root mass.
Don't forget it had a week under 3200 lumens of 2700 k led's after being pulled from the herd under the 400 watt mh. So if it's any indication of the remaining ladies still in the tent they should be good/even better by now.
20160813 232711

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

* The idea that many people use stakes on their plants. Why is this? Training should create thick strong/sturdy branches capable of supporting their own weight. *

My buds get so heavy towards the end of flower they start to lean over and i've seen people where it leaned far enough sideways the branch snapped at the joint. I put in bamboo steaks and use some plastic twine to create a tomato cage that's adjustable just to prevent that from happening, sometimes it's needed sometimes it's not but i like to have the security there.
I do that on my hydro buckets too, Beats the hell out of yoyo's from the ceiling holding up the fat ones. :) Nice garden you got here man.

Top Bottom