Trimming Makes Growing Almost Unbearable!

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

If it wasn't for how much I appreciate the effort put in and the benefits reaped as my reward, I'm not sure I would grow.

I just started growing and this is my second harvest. The first one went so bad, good bud but not enough, there wasn't much trimming and I still hated it. I have an extremely bad back that makes repetitive actions unbearable. Trimming is nothing if not Extremely Repetitive!

I have 8 four to five foot plants that all separated take up three drying lines the length of a 2 car garage. It took me a couple hours to trim, just the major stuff, just a 1/4 of one drying line. Some of those I worked on were single branches. Everything I have left is multiple branches and will definitely take much longer.

If it keeps up like this it will take 24 hours to trim the entire harvest. Unfortunately I can only trim for about 2 hours before I need a two hour break.

Any tips or tricks on making this go by a little quicker?
Sorry to hear about your back condition. I don't know of any tricks or shortcuts other than whats been said above. I recently harvested serveral plants that were only about 33" tall, but very full of buds dense indica plants. My problem is, after about 2 hours, my fingers start cramping. It happens quite often, not just trimming weed, but that is a particularly hard task for them, and I'm have the same issues, though not as bad, in my toes. Getting old sucks man! LOL. So, I just take a break, then go back like you. It took me a couple hours one evening and most of the next day to trim and hang all the individual limbs and colas from 8 much smaller plants than yours. :cool:

S

Shawnery

2/3rds done by the end of the night, already there I think, but a little more won't hurt anyone. Hoping I should be done in two days unless I get crazy tomorrow and finish.

One lesson learned from trimming. Don't skimp on a water cooler because moving your light to effect water temps screws up penetration.

Thank God I finally gave in and bought one!

P

Pass2TheLeft

I have the trim bin, I'm just whining, use it for dry trim. I'm getting all of the sun leaves I left of, did some pre-trimming the day before. Then I go for any sugar leaves that are easy, usually the bottom three.
I was just hoping there might be a trick I was missing but I guess not. Thanks!

After it dries I'll use the trim bin for the little pokers left over. Then into the CV vault with a Bovada pack. Some people don't like them but I had no issue with smell or taste.
There is a trick bro get your missus to do it

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I throw my smart pots in the trash after 1 grow, the work it would take me to break the root ball out of there is not worth it.
Im lazy... I fill up the tub with bleach water and throw crap in.. Pots, stakes, screens, pre filters. I just let it soak over night. Trimming i dont mind. Not that bad if youre quick and accurate. The right tools do help

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Done!

Started wet and three days later I finished dry.

Used my garage to dry it out with the dehumidifier set at 65%.

It's been hot though the last few days and especially today. I thought it would take at least a school week but I'm going to cut down and CV Vault tomorrow.

S

Shawnery

Once again it should have been so much better but it's better then my first grow, much better. I'm still learning as I grow. Luckily I have more than enough to make it financially the better option, even less than optimal results.

I'm hoping my new undercurrent system and water chiller will end up being the last pieces to the puzzle I need.

I'll weigh it out tomorrow and share the results, no matter how unfortunate.

Brother Will

Brother Will

Daaaaammm Shawnery ! Nice Freak'in Job On Your Grow And Your End Of Well Trimmed Product ! You Should Definitely Be Proud ! You'll Just Get Better And Better And Larger Too.
Best Of Skills You Laid Down So Very Well. Can't Wait To Hear About How The Terpenes
And Effects Are ? That's Cool To Ask Right ? {If Not Please Delete My Comments}
Sure Looks So Nice... Thank You. Peace, Brother Will

S

Shawnery

Without the cure it's very floral with berry undertones. I expect it to become more sweet and very flavored after the cure. I'll let you guys know in a couple weeks how they're going.

As for the effects of my ladies on my state of mind. I would say that even though I harvested with almost no amber trichs it's very body heavy. There is a strong mental side note of this strain as well. I'm sure this will change a little after the cure as well. It should get even more couchlocked than it is already, OH NO!

Thanks Will! It should have been MUCH better but we all learn in time. I'm hard headed any ways, you can ask anyone on here who'd attempted to help me.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Maybe you'd like the salad bowl trimmer contraption. Idk the real name of it but it's basically a salad spinner with blades to trim your leaves. Chop nugs down to like golf balls & give her a spin, out come mostly trimmed up buds. I've never used one but maybe you could find some info around here or out there on the dango interweb.
I bought the Ipower Bowl trimmer (unthinkable eh..LOL) I only use it for the lowers where most of the work is..If you are careful, it will not destroy the buds..over do it..and the buds will be toast! Mine is the 19" model ($109) and has cut my trimming time from 2-3 hrs per plant to just over an hr..I love that thing..Haven't even gone after the "scissor hash" yet, but It should be plentiful:) I usually begin with 15 turns (it really has super gears) and go from there watching thru the clear top.

EDIT:
it came with a dry trim and a separate wet trimming blade

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Considering I lost a plant do to some issue I'm very happy with the outcome.

1250 grams with around 1400 watts.

Not to bad for my second grow but next time I expect 1.25 grams per watt at the very least.

Top pic is the lanky wide spacing gelato and the second pic is the tight spacing shorter gelato.

20180625 175449
20180625 175456
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Done!

Started wet and three days later I finished dry.

Used my garage to dry it out with the dehumidifier set at 65%.

It's been hot though the last few days and especially today. I thought it would take at least a school week but I'm going to cut down and CV Vault tomorrow.
Hwat did you like trimming more...wet or dry?

Top Bottom