• Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

20180921 095317

20180919 0607081

Madmax

Madmax

How close can the cmh get to plants Heisen.checkout those leaves thriving for the light.

Madmax

Madmax

Ill say..I only see leaves pointing up like that after a good rain outside...id say its gotta b the humidity that does that?

S

sMo

Gonna start this comparison in 10 days and wanna gather input and suggestions before i kick it off.The last comparison was with 2 315 CMH vs 700 watts of cobs dimmed and now i wanna run the 1000 vs the whole 800 of COBS

Any suggestions before it starts or something you guys would like to see im all ears.
My understanding(s) of differences using LEDs vs HIDs include:
1. ) The LED setup should have an ambient temperature about 84 deg F vs ambient temp of 75 deg F for HIDs
2.) LEDs require about 25%-30% less nutrient concentration.
3.) Extra Calcium should be used under LEDs.

If those criteria are not incorporated you may not be getting optimum results.

F

FutureGrower

1. ) The LED setup should have an ambient temperature about 84 deg F vs ambient temp of 75 deg F for HIDs

Never mind I understood what you mean now lol.

H

heisen

Where did you get all of this?I find none of it to be true.nothing I have ever observed supports any of them claims

login

login

Are these plants in a DWC setup? I use 1300 ppm co2 85f temps with RH @ 80% all the way through the stretch. Than I start lowering RH and the temps untill my lights on temps match my lights off temps of 75f.
never go below 75f or you will get pm and bud rot.

Medigrow

Medigrow

yes RDWC.
RH@80 is too high I think. If it's too humid, plants will get moisture from the air, you want them to get moisture from the roots with nutrients isn't it? =) I think it's the miss of ventilation and high RH that give the bud rot and not temperature below 75 no?

I'll stay @ 1000-1200 ppm of co2, 80-82 temp and 50-55% RH until 5th weeks of flo, reduce to 40 to reduce mold and increase trich..
As for the water temp, I will use a chiller to keep it at 68-69F and probably wrapping the bucket with insulation, it will help the chiller.

When are you cutting on co2? I'm thinking about 2-3 weeks before cutting.

H

heisen

Are these plants in a DWC setup? I use 1300 ppm co2 85f temps with RH @ 80% all the way through the stretch. Than I start lowering RH and the temps untill my lights on temps match my lights off temps of 75f.
never go below 75f or you will get pm and bud rot.
temperature isnt what gives you mildew and rot its low temps and high humidity.I run 68 in the dark and 50 percent humidity as soon as the buds begin to form.Im loving all this good advice though for some big ass healthy plants.

F

FutureGrower

temperature isnt what gives you mildew and rot its low temps and high humidity.I run 68 in the dark and 50 percent humidity as soon as the buds begin to form.Im loving all this good advice though for some big ass healthy plants.
Keep doing what you do HB. Lovin the thread and info shared.
Many thanks.

What he said! Thank you for the thread

Sorry for the edit I was going to ask a dwc question but answered it myself haha

Last edited:
login

login

right on i run 2 quest 205's. it's not so much the temps and humidity but the erratic chages in conditions makes perfect environments for pm.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

yes RDWC.
RH@80 is too high I think. If it's too humid, plants will get moisture from the air, you want them to get moisture from the roots with nutrients isn't it? =) I think it's the miss of ventilation and high RH that give the bud rot and not temperature below 75 no?

I'll stay @ 1000-1200 ppm of co2, 80-82 temp and 50-55% RH until 5th weeks of flo, reduce to 40 to reduce mold and increase trich..
As for the water temp, I will use a chiller to keep it at 68-69F and probably wrapping the bucket with insulation, it will help the chiller.

When are you cutting on co2? I'm thinking about 2-3 weeks before cutting.
Run the co2 the whole way. I run in staggered flowering cycles so my co2 stays 1500 from day one of flower to chop. The only time I ventilate is if I open the door.
I believe when people have problems from co2 it’s actually problems you already have and the speed up growth from the co2 is just accentuating problems that were already there.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I cant run high co2 cause I use alot of air in dwc and it drops my ph so bad when the lights are out.something about high amounts of co2 and water mixed and bubbles makes my water acidic.
Trippy. Never heard that before but never done any kind of dwc. So what do you run as far as ppm? Or is it just a matter of exchanging air at lights out?
I obviously don’t run at lights out but I also don’t exchange air.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Trippy. Never heard that before but never done any kind of dwc. So what do you run as far as ppm? Or is it just a matter of exchanging air at lights out?
I obviously don’t run at lights out but I also don’t exchange air.
You using bottles or a burner?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

So your saying pulling the co2 ienriched air thru your air stones into the water is dropping the ph.
I never would have thought of that but it makes some sense. Probably have to run the air pump outside the room in that case

Top Bottom