1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Trippy. Never heard that before but never done any kind of dwc. So what do you run as far as ppm? Or is it just a matter of exchanging air at lights out?
I obviously don’t run at lights out but I also don’t exchange air.
600 ppm Co2 is where i can keep it without the crazy PH swings

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

600 ppm Co2 is where i can keep it without the crazy PH swings
Damn!
Anyway to get those air pumps outside?
With a dialed in environment you got I think you would see big benefits with that extra 700-900 ppm.

H

heisen

So your saying pulling the co2 ienriched air thru your air stones into the water is dropping the ph.
I never would have thought of that but it makes some sense. Probably have to run the air pump outside the room in that case
Cant do that cause i will be creating positive pressure inside the rooms.I get by good at 600 and plants seem to stay pretty happy.I ran higher in the past and dont seem like the yield is that much higher.I have to have c02 cause the rooms are all sealed.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Cant do that cause i will be creating positive pressure inside the rooms.I get by good at 600 and plants seem to stay pretty happy.I ran higher in the past and dont seem like the yield is that much higher.I have to have c02 cause the rooms are all sealed.
Definitely and it’s still higher than what the ambient probably is.

H

heisen

Damn!
Anyway to get those air pumps outside?
With a dialed in environment you got I think you would see big benefits with that extra 700-900 ppm.
I could probably get a PH doser to compensate but i try not to add that much ph adjusters unless i have to.Yeah i would try and get over 800 and within 12 hrs my ph was down in the 4's on both systems in the room

Medigrow

Medigrow

That's kinda crazy in the 4's within 12 hours.. Next contest, 600ppm2 vs 1200 :D

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I could probably get a PH doser to compensate but i try not to add that much ph adjusters unless i have to.Yeah i would try and get over 800 and within 12 hrs my ph was down in the 4's on both systems in the room
Damn that’s quick.
Ya I don’t like using ph up or down. I actually mix my nutrients using silica to adjust the ph. Most nutrients lower ph and I add silica to the amount to get me to 5.9
The up and down just collect dust just in case. Very rarely use them. I know I’m that system they are needed but as little as possible is best.

login

login

you guys need to follow the VPD chart.

anyways I use 1 doser for silica, 1 for my base, and another for the cal nite. if I need to bring the ph down I add a cup of ph down to my base stock. I use 6 gallon stock buckets and only have to mix nutes every 4 months, and never have to adjust ph. Also i add just a pinch of sodium benzoate to keep mold from growing in the base bucket.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I cant run high co2 cause I use alot of air in dwc and it drops my ph so bad when the lights are out.something about high amounts of co2 and water mixed and bubbles makes my water acidic.
This is a good thread man, thanks for your effort. By the way how much does it drop your ph? I guess it is carbonic acid, supposed to be a weak acid.

Edit; i see you posted the ph value up there.

login

login

are you using RO water? co2 levels shouldn't be a problem at night. I use a 6" fan turned half way down to vent out stagnant air when lights are off.

H

heisen

are you using RO water? co2 levels shouldn't be a problem at night. I use a 6" fan turned half way down to vent out stagnant air when lights are off.
Yes im using RO water,It doesnt get bad at night its just when i check it after the lights come on the PH is bottomed out.Doesnt happen anymore just when i raise the Co2 up above 850 to 900

Medigrow

Medigrow

Yes im using RO water,It doesnt get bad at night its just when i check it after the lights come on the PH is bottomed out.Doesnt happen anymore just when i raise the Co2 up above 850 to 900
Did you try installing your airpump to the ceiling? Co2 is heavier than air... Maybe it would suck a little bit less of co2 and you'll be able to increase co2 amount.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

@heisenbubble hows the heat coming from the nanolux, is it the same as what you would get off a DE 1000 HPS ?

Your plants look real happy, I think you sold me on the CMH LOL. I love my 315’s but they lack a little canopy penetration so Ive really been anticipating these 1000’s. as long as those bulbs hold up then I’m gonna be grabbing a few of them

H

heisen

It gets pretty hot.not enough to roast the plants though and I dont have mine air cooled and the glass is out of the hood.
I still think the cobs are producing more buds though.rhe final weight will tell all

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble , 24" for cmh instead of 36" with DE... No bleach or tailfox at 24"? That's really nice! How long for the final weight? :D I started ordering my stuff for my RDWC / HB style :D eheh

And you should take some measurements at the ceiling level for co2, if there's a difference between canopy level and ceiling, could help with the air pump :D

Last edited:
H

heisen

@heisenbubble , 24" for cmh instead of 36" with DE... No bleach or tailfox at 24"? That's really nice! How long for the final weight? :D I started ordering my stuff for my RDWC / HB style :D eheh

And you should take some measurements at the ceiling level for co2, if there's a difference between canopy level and ceiling, could help with the air pump :D
Canopy level is 4 feet from the celing,not sure if there is much difference with air circulation

login

login

I wonder how the cobs would do growing 7 foot trees. How far they would penetrate. and how many cobs to cover a 5 foot wide canopy

Top Bottom