• Thread starter Wavegem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wavegem

Wavegem

Pics from last round

12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog

12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 2

I am really excited about this run! My last had an average RH of 35%...
My A/C is a little overpowered for the space, which is the cause of my humidity problem. So I fixed this by installing an aprilaire 800 steam humidifier.

5 ton a/c
12 - 1000 watt dual spec(veg) - Digilux(bloom)
12 XXL UC
1 hp ecoplus chiller
Ideal air 100pint dehuey
Aprilaire 800
Second wind UV light
Titan Co2 Gen

Also custom fit os-1 air diffusers, 1 in each bucket and 1 ecoplus air-7 for every 4 buckets

Pics of the room

12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 3
12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 4
12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 5
12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 6
12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 7
12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 8
12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 9

Canna A + B
Zone
Magical
Epsom Salt
Roots Excel
Hammerhead (last round used big bud and overdrive, but want to change)
Moab

12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 11

12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 12

12 x 1000 watt xxl 8x24 scrog 10

The other 5 gal buckets in the pic will be moved soon just vegging my coco in the same room.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Healthy looking girls.. Thanks for sharing.. I look forward to watchi.g this unfold.. best of luck.. A4FD

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Wow. Looks really clean. Do you just have one giant 8'x24' screen?!

Resinable

Resinable

Hi Wavegem,
Nice room and pics. I'm curious about your humidity situation: if you don't mind sharing what kind of yield did you achieve with 35% humidity. Also does your Aprilaire 800 require purified water? Does it leave any residue in the room like the hydrofoggers do? Does it produce much heat? Lastley, has it been effective? Can you get your humidity wherever you want it?

Thanks,
Resinable

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Curious how high you can get your humidity now.

Awesome setup, love some ScrOG action, will be keeping an eye out for what's to come.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sweet setup and happy plants Wavegem!

Wavegem

Wavegem

Wow. Looks really clean. Do you just have one giant 8'x24' screen?!

Yep one big screen. I put it together in sections with pvc, but it is all connected.

Hi Wavegem,
Nice room and pics. I'm curious about your humidity situation: if you don't mind sharing what kind of yield did you achieve with 35% humidity. Also does your Aprilaire 800 require purified water? Does it leave any residue in the room like the hydrofoggers do? Does it produce much heat? Lastley, has it been effective? Can you get your humidity wherever you want it?

Thanks,
Resinable

Well with 35% humidity, I never fed over 550 ppm on the 500 scale and that was for one or two weeks. I was able to yield right under a pound per plant, with this setup (one light per plant).
It was pretty bad in my opinion, but this round I am feeding 500 ppm and they aren't even in flower yet. I absolutely love the humidifier. It does not require purified water, if your tap water is between 0-500 ppm it will work. I haven't seen any residue yet, there is a canister in the unit that holds and heats the water, that canister is pretty dirty, they said you have to change it once a year. The humidifier puts out right around 24 gallons a day and I have been able to get my humidity in the 80's. Although when the A/C kicks on my humidity drops to 60% then builds back up to 80%. All in all I got the unit because it works with my A/C and it is the biggest steam humidifier for the money, besides the foggers.

Curious how high you can get your humidity now.

Awesome setup, love some ScrOG action, will be keeping an eye out for what's to come.

80% - the A/C kicks on brings it down to 60% then builds back up to 80%. I feel like the plants get a little break when that happens, it might be good, but I don't know I would of liked it to stay constant at 80.

You might want to read up on RH and the effects on plants. Pro growers call it VPD or vapor pressure deficit. Real nice buds...

http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2010/07/plantworks-part-1-humidity-and-vapor-pressure-deficit/

PS you will want to get your air pumps up off the floor above water level. If power goes off the water will back siphon through your pump.

Hey thanks Woodsmaneh. I have been doing research and read all the info you put on the farm and have been trying to follow it closely. Its perfect when my humidity is in the high 70's-80's, but the a/c kicks on and it brings it down to 60, then builds back up. This happens maybe 20 times a day. I figured I was going to get crap for that air pump... haha, good looks. Thanks for all your contribution, I am one for those farmers you have influenced, this room would not be what it is with out you. Thanks

nice install.
Sweet setup and happy plants Wavegem!

Thanks Hogan and Shady, glad you could make it. I will try not to disappoint.

Wavegem

Wavegem

Hey guys I wanted to update this thread because I found a little problem. I have had my lights 75% and had minor humidity problems. As I have stated it builds and drops during the on off cooling cycle but never above 80% or below 60%. My A/C is overpowered for the space. I turned my lights to 100% yesterday and found that this humidifier is still not enough to offset the 5 ton, it pulled it down to 50%. So I turned the lights to 75% again and am going to get a hydrofogger for the time being. I should have bought the commercial humidifier Aprilaire 1150 or something. Do you guys think that when the cooling cycle is on the water from the humidifier is not being absorbed by the air coming from the supply duct? The steam tube is installed in the supply should it be moved to the return?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

First thing you should do is turn your lights on full, you will burn out the bulbs quicker and the light spectrum is not correct when dimmed.

We do not recommend dimming HID lamps
This is from the Hortilux site
Is it okay to use a 1000w hps bulb with a 1000w ballast dimmed to a 750w or 600 setting?
We do not recommend dimming HID lamps. HID lamps will operate when dimmed but the spectral quality of the lamp will change in a negative way.

HID lamps are designed to operate at a specific wattage. When you flip the switch, or turn the wattage dial, you are reducing the operating wattage of your lamp. This reduces the temperature inside the lamp and causes some of the chemical reactions inside the lamp to stop. This has a dramatic and negative impact on the quality of the light being produced by your lamp.

If you want to reduce the power of your system we recommend using a lower wattage lamp and operating it at its proper wattage. This way you can reduce power without sacrificing the quality of your spectrum and ultimately the quality of your plants.

as for humidifiers I buy the whole house from sears and mod it so it auto fills.
642_29614_P.jpg

they have them stste side cheaper. They go on sale all the time for 100$ off. I change the filters out every 6 months. I have 2 in one room and 1 in a 11 x 10 x 9 and it does the trick. I just drill a hole at the water line and install the float. The only bad thing is if the power goes off you have to turn it on again manually. The other thing is they just replace the whole thing when they stop working. I have replaced one of the 3 I have.

50% is OK but not optimal,

IMGP0874
IMGP0875

Wavegem

Wavegem

Thanks Woods. I got the fogger a little earlier and it is working. It never shuts off except at night and I am able to get my humidity right around 70 percent. I am putting 2 gallons an hour in the room and have noticed the plants are no longer sweating. Lights up to 100 percent, Co2 bumping.
20120522 101952

I am building the screen and the flip over the next couple of days. New update soon.

dankworth

dankworth

Wavegem, I am having a really really really good time with 1/2 digilux mh overhead. They like it way better than pure hps it seems. Different smells with the two spectrums for sure.
Super nice work. Will your screens have 2 levels?

Wavegem

Wavegem

Wavegem, I am having a really really really good time with 1/2 digilux mh overhead. They like it way better than pure hps it seems. Different smells with the two spectrums for sure.
Super nice work. Will your screens have 2 levels?

Man you got me thinking, I wish I could do that. Things are a bit tight right now, I ran dual spec last round with great results. Next round I am going to hang 3 metal halides down the middle. This screen will only have one level.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

in the warehouse, ive been thinking of doing one large screen stretched over two 4x8 botanicaire trays, the total dimensions for the screen would be something like 10'x8'

(if you can imagine, theres space between both trays to walk/work).

we've got 12 trays, and i'm thinkin' of outfitting half of the room with scrog nets like this, so i'd be able to do

6 independent 4x8 trays, SOG
3 sets of 2 linked 4x8 trays, ScrOG

im tryin' to think of ways to build a legit screen at this size that isn't just a 'trellis net' that i see a lot of people using as 'scrog' in commercial grows. how are you constructing yours? i'm liking 3"x3" holes for this size of an operation.

nice buds!

Wavegem

Wavegem

Hey Carl, we think alike, I did not like the trellis net too. So I bought actual fencing from Home Depot, zip tied to PVC and we are all set. The fence I had to cut every other hole just to make it a tad bigger. Last run I used the same screen but did not make the holes bigger, they were a little to small.
20120525 191109

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Oh brotha! Verrrry well executed!!! Im about to try a small scale version inside the home grow, ill link ya when I start my journal. That requires me to access the site from something other than my smartphone ;)

But for real, you just had my lady and myself droolin'. Our OG Diesel/Durban x Mendo purp bushes are about the same shape n size!

Wavegem

Wavegem

Thanks man, it means a lot. Funny you mention Diesel, I never said anything but this strain is Original Diesel. Let me know when you have your journal up I would love to check it out. By the way that Diesel cross you have sounds super fire!

Latest posts

Top Bottom