25 Plants, Grafting, Air Layering, And A Cat

• Thread starter ahemait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ahemait

ahemait

Introductions!
Legal medical grower as of a couple months ago, grew many years ago, the old closet operation until mom shut it down. Fast forward 20 years, 25 plant count limit, two mars pro ii 128 cree, supposed to be 385 watts from the wall equivalent to 600 watt mh/hps. We'll see?

Those are the goodies there, $180 or so.

Seeds are from a shipment I got from my licensed provider. It was LA Affie, no idea if it's a cross or if it's "pure".

I was following Irietime's 600 watt led thread and he happened to pop some seeds about the same time so I decided to have a friendly competition, all in fun!

Obligatory seedling pictures, transplanting this weekend.
25 plants grafting air layering and a cat
25 plants grafting air layering and a cat 2
25 plants grafting air layering and a cat 3
25 plants grafting air layering and a cat 4
25 plants grafting air layering and a cat 5
25 plants grafting air layering and a cat 6

iKharon

iKharon

lol awesome! I've actually decided to get a Kind Led k5 xl750.. after seeing my buddies' Kind 600w, I was blown away. I'm getting one for a flower room.. well, will be veg then flower lol. Be cool to see how our ladies progress under LEDs.. but I'm super impressed with in person results.. fuckin amazing way to grow and everything I've heard about Kind's customer service makes it sound like it would be good to do business with if something, god forbid, goes wrong. Happy growing and I'll tag along on this thread.. looks fun :)

I'm in 1/2 gal fabrics, Happy Frog (at the moment, considering Roots Organic), Nectar for the Gods nutes, and 5 gal smart pots will be final home. Got about 6 strains in the lineup but only really keeping 4 around, I believe.. Pineapple Express, Brian Berry Cough, Vortex, Cheese Quake.

Homesteader

Homesteader

You look like you have some quality inputs except one or two. I highly recommend ditching that Alaska fish fert and bloom (not organic) and get a quality fish hydrolysate. The Alaska fish is a trash bay fish (Menhaden) that is high in pollutants and heavy metals, stripped of all its goodies in form of oils and proteins and boiled down. It also smells like cat shit puked up by a dog. You cannot go wrong with Neptunes Harvest but there are cheaper or you can make your own:)

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Introductions!
Legal medical grower as of a couple months ago, grew many years ago, the old closet operation until mom shut it down. Fast forward 20 years, 25 plant count limit, two mars pro ii 128 cree, supposed to be 385 watts from the wall equivalent to 600 watt mh/hps. We'll see?

Those are the goodies there, $180 or so.

Seeds are from a shipment I got from my licensed provider. It was LA Affie, no idea if it's a cross or if it's "pure".

I was following Irietime's 600 watt led thread and he happened to pop some seeds about the same time so I decided to have a friendly competition, all in fun!

Obligatory seedling pictures, transplanting this weekend. View attachment 669790 View attachment 669791 View attachment 669792 View attachment 669793 View attachment 669794 View attachment 669795
Well iritime hasn't even liked this status! U sure he knows... Then again he is probably singing to his plants for added c02 as we speak...

My plants like Zeppelin, AC-DC, and Hank Jr...
And their all time fav...... Freebird.......
And I'm as free as a bird now..........

We throw a Lil HayStak,, and Jelly Roll in their for good measure....

ahemait

ahemait

It sped off the first page pretty fast!

I ran the idea by him for the thread and he seemed cool with it? Idk.

Thanks for the tip on the fish stuff. I just assumed it was fish crap.
Tmp 18866 f4293f0f 6f28 4583 b088 bb3f5ad5c418361448663

Feb.16 here.
Transplanted this afternoon. They are far from root bound. I think I kept them a bit wet in the small pots

Irietime

Irietime

Flattered that somebody wants to have a competition with me, but it's not why I grow weed. If you want to follow my grow it will be on my thread. Thanks. Peace

Irietime

Irietime

It sped off the first page pretty fast!

I ran the idea by him for the thread and he seemed cool with it? Idk.

Thanks for the tip on the fish stuff. I just assumed it was fish crap. View attachment 671185
Feb.16 here.
Transplanted this afternoon. They are far from root bound. I think I kept them a bit wet in the small pots
Plants are looking good!

ahemait

ahemait

Like I said, friendly competition. Only because they are the same relative age and same relative lighting. There's no pride or anything at stake, maybe competition should be 'comparison'. I'm certainly not looking to create an adversarial situation out of it.

I did my best to convey that, if I've failed I can ask this to be deleted.

ahemait

ahemait

You look like you have some quality inputs except one or two. I highly recommend ditching that Alaska fish fert and bloom (not organic) and get a quality fish hydrolysate. The Alaska fish is a trash bay fish (Menhaden) that is high in pollutants and heavy metals, stripped of all its goodies in form of oils and proteins and boiled down. It also smells like cat shit puked up by a dog. You cannot go wrong with Neptunes Harvest but there are cheaper or you can make your own:)
http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=4143

I found this regarding the alaska brand.
They list the ppm of heavy metals etc.
I'm not going to pretend I'm a scientist but they all seem pretty low? Most are a fraction of a part per million, I'm not sure what regular soil has in comparison.

ahemait

ahemait

How do you define high?
I haven't had time to look up relative natural occurring levels in soil to compare so I have no idea.

I think they look at organic fertilisers, I forgot what I read their criteria was. Is that a relatively new product? I do recall they only update every year or two?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am not for sure if they are truly that high in heavy metals with nothing to compare however the fact that the company is in Virginia and not Alaska is my first clue on shadiness. I would be interested in the chlorine content(supposedly 14% of some products according to this link), as that is something significantly higher in emulsion due to concentrations from evaporation from the boil down. Here is a good read. It is hydrolysate vs emulsion...regardless of brand.
http://www.neptunesharvest.com/emulsions.html

ahemait

ahemait

Hm. Now my only question there would be where is the product produced?
Chlorine will evaporate when boiled. I'd have to question their claim. Chloramine won't boil off, but without knowing where is being produced and what substance was in the water to start I'd take their claim with a grain of salt.

Good read though, thanks.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I wonder though if the same is true for chlorine if the water/slurry is below boil? If so how far below? I assume the chlorine doesn't need to be held at boil but maybe?

Irietime

Irietime

Like I said, friendly competition. Only because they are the same relative age and same relative lighting. There's no pride or anything at stake, maybe competition should be 'comparison'. I'm certainly not looking to create an adversarial situation out of it.

I did my best to convey that, if I've failed I can ask this to be deleted.
You should make this your journal, you've got a good start. Subbed.

ahemait

ahemait

Couple of them have this going on. Not sure if I kept them too wet early on or what. Hoping the transplant will fix whatever it is. If anyone wants to take a stab at diagnosis I'm all earballs
View attachment 671781

Dunge

Dunge

I highly recommend ditching that Alaska fish fert and bloom (not organic) and get a quality fish hydrolysate. The Alaska fish is a trash bay fish (Menhaden) that is high in pollutants and heavy metals, stripped of all its goodies in form of oils and proteins and boiled down. It also smells like cat shit puked up by a dog. You cannot go wrong with Neptunes Harvest but there are cheaper or you can make your own:)
I have been using both of these "Alaska" fertilizers as additions to my tea for years.
Take care with the Bloom as it is STRONG and can easily burn your plants.
I use it a a one time addition at the start of a tea brew. Just one glug in a three gallon tea.
I use the Grow formulation in small additions to break up foam. Get those proteins back into the mix.

It takes years to go through a bottle, so price is of little concern.
When used with my super soil formula (see signature), it is all a three gallon plant needs to go the distance.

PS that last pic looks like Bloom overdose.

ahemait

ahemait

I don't think I'll have a tea brewer built, just small doses when watering at most.

The seedlings were just in the promix with worm castings and a dash of kelp. I didn't do any blood or bone or lime or fishes.

I'm not going to have any real nutrient schedule outside of eye balling until I'm going from clone so there is a level of control/consistency in place.

Top Bottom