25 Plants, Grafting, Air Layering, And A Cat

• Thread starter ahemait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Hm. Now my only question there would be where is the product produced?
I believe one of the the two major plants for menhaden (bunker) reduction is near the Chesapeake and the other is down in Louisiana.
I have used both these products and I would recommend the hydrolysate. Aside from the chlorine (nonsense it sounds), the smell, quality and product speak for themselves.

ahemait

ahemait

It's not refundable so I'll just see what happens.

Until I'm going from clone (few months down the road) I won't have the controls in place to effectively determine different inputs effectiveness, to my satisfaction.

ahemait

ahemait

So I discovered setting up a 5x5x6 tent is really a two person job...but after a little cursing I got her done.

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battlestation!
Tmp 22265 ecec3ad9 6fac 4ed8 9bc5 c4b582b0fe8a1113100803

ahemait

ahemait

Tent was cheap too, $225.
Anything else I found was double the price for half the size.

Next on the menu will be the wee fan and bigfan/carbon filter

ahemait

ahemait

Woo! Just found some good news, along with my registration I got a # and with that number I can register with any of the licensed producers, there's only one selling seeds right now but there is a bunch coming online this spring/summer so I should have access to a bunch of different genetics!
This is great news!
Right now the one company has sensi star and something else for $20/seed which isn't great/could be worse.

ahemait

ahemait

Tmp 27320 05ab36b3 dc3e 4102 b41a 4b7a93088651 1306498417

The biggest ones have been topped. The smaller ones just don't seem to want to take off, I've hit them all with 5 1 1 fish emulsion once so far. I'll probably again next week if they dry up enough.
Tried putting both veg and bloom lights on both fixtures and the tent warmed up significantly, not too hot though, when zipped up. I'll have to remember that when I start to flower but I'll have a fan and filter by then so it should be more than fine

Irietime

Irietime

They look good. I've been using kelp a lot more this grow and the plants really responded well. Haven't used the fish yet, I usually do. Just been watering with with kelp and bio root ( from roots organics) and chelated iron with cal/mag.

ahemait

ahemait

Picked up the exhale. It looks like it might be old, not sure. Going to have to hope for the best.
Apparently alfalfa is hard to find here, on amazon the shipping costs more than the product : /
I found some gaia general fertilizer that contains it and all the rest of the usual organic stuff but it doesn't list in what portion on the label.

#organiclifeproblems

ahemait

ahemait

So the left most row is obviously the biggest, first in line is topped at the 5th or 6th. Second is an inadvertent fim, didn't make the cut tight enough I guess, and the furthest back is just a fat, squat monster topped again at node 5/6. The node spacing on that one is so tight it's crazy. Fan leaves on her are just getting enormous 6" and lovely.

I hit the smaller ones with Epson salts last week and most of the redness seems to have cleared up, I won't be so shy with it next time.

I'm very quickly feeling like I'll need to throw my third l light in there when I go to flower.

I'm not going to trim off the lowest couple nodes, going to just use them for taking cuttings. Want not, waste not!

I topped a couple of the small ones at random as well.

I gave them all a light fish emulsion drink as well. I'm not sure I like the way the mix retains water, seems really wet and then seems to dry out over night.
I could probably up size to 3 gallon pots, there's root nubs poking out the bottom, but I don't plan to, as long as they have enough food they should be fine where they are.

ahemait

ahemait

My alfalfa meal and fish meal arrived.
I should have everything I wanted now.

The premature flowers don't resemble male or female, I hope that's not a bad sign.

Bent a few tops over to even things out and promote more branching. The ones I'd topped previously are tearing through the canopy with a vengeance.

Tmp 19011 b70ca042 1a54 4a60 a5fb c066b0ee88c5 1055736429
Tmp 19011 b51d4634 c480 40f4 9649 05052b12f4201313566985

Latest posts

Top Bottom