A Single Straw Can Start A Revolution. - Masanobu Fukuoka

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Organikz

Organikz

Lol. I was just bustin ya chops brotha. I could tell you misunderstood. Just givin ya a hard time man. I know it was a little snappy in here recently but that's the past. I'm just enjoying everyone's grows and style. I enjoy following your thread and learning from it. You're all good dudes in my book.
I don't get the resentment for no till in these forums. If you go to GC the kings of no till are there and pretty much every organic gardener has turned.

Wetdog doesn't even measure anything. He eyeballs the mix and feels it for tilth and aeration.

You guys are open minded but I was searching something and a thread popped up from here and a guy just wanted to start a no till thread and everyone went off on him.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

My babies are showing potassium deficiency but that compost slurry fixed them right up. When you grow in this style you ignore this stuff. Keep the course.

Compare it to seeing a deer in the road. The best thing to do is plow that bitch. You are more likely to be involved in a fatal crash trying to swerve to avoid it. Overcorrecting will really start sending you into a tail chasing adventure.

This has been my experience. Trying to load too many inputs at once doesn't help. It causes more problems. Young plants will show defficiency on their own account. The plant could still be establishing and isn't taking nutrients at the time.

A fresh mix of soil doesnt have the available nutrients needed. It's why we use inputs that accelerate decomposition via enzymes.

Organikz

Organikz

Have you ever seen compost from the bottom of a 6+ year old cold compost pile? Lmao.

20170818 115651

It's my step moms pile. I don't know if I should just consider this worm castings at this point. It sits right where the runoff rainwater collects from a hill loaded with trees. I'm thinking nematodes are all up in this shit...worm shit that is. Roots were growing out of the ground to get to it on the edge. Stuffed two 5g buckets full.

I may still run it through a mini vermicomposter. Check these mini roughnecks out. Probabaly drill holes and line with weed barrier. I have lots of work planned this weekend. We will see what gets done. All of it revolves around compost and worms.

Setting up two 150g worm reactors like uncle jim. Coots gave me the idea from reading.old content. It's for the lawn also.

Organikz

Organikz

I may cook it with some MBP and karanja. Water it with +LIFE. Wouldn't hurt to add uncharged biochar aka lump charcoal in a painters tarp and a tamper. I know there's lots of grass clippings in there. Hot stuff.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

@Dutch Jon check this gem I found. I've been using +LIFE plant biotic also. Gotta think like the navy...land, air, and sea.

411067.jpg

LumperDawgz2Registered User
#4Jan 18, 2012
MizzaFishKilla

I've been using Spinosad for the past couple of months. It's my observation that for a total 'knock-out punch' this is a better pesticide, per se, than the neem or karanja oils.

The price is a bit steep - about $3.00 per gallon vs. $.25 per gallon for the neem/karanja (application rate).

BTW - both the Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew & Monterey Garden Products Spinosad Contentrate are produced in the same facility (Eli Lilly) so you can use either with confidence.

The organic farm store carries the Monterey Garden product at about 25% less than the Captain Jack's product at the indoor garden stores.

Knock me over with a feather! LOL

LD

Organikz

Organikz

Overall everything is running smooth. I'm working my add off trying to keep available nutrients flowing. P and K always tend to be my issue starting fresh soil...sigh...should have gone with worm castings instead of cheap leafgro compost. High humus my ass. There were chunks of wood in it.

I picked up some noble worm castings and some blue ridge organics super compost.

Got my two 150g worm reactors set up. I'll probably wait until spring to put worms in. It's already damn near 1 year double mulched leaf compost. By spring it will probably already be halfway worked down by bacteria/fungi.

I'm thinking of plugging the starts in the bed. I need to jump into flower soon. I mean within 3 weeks. I don't know how much longer the stash will last probably a good month. Would last me 3 but my girl is the biggest pothead.

I'm going to take my favorite blackberry and white widow and keep them in the arsenal.

Last edited:
sun

sun

Sure i've seen this .There is also something in one of those old grow books about it .if i can find it i will put it up .i bet theres no stalks on them ? just sort of resin bulbs on the leaves.

Cool pic. Cool thread

Organikz

Organikz

Sure i've seen this .There is also something in one of those old grow books about it .if i can find it i will put it up .i bet theres no stalks on them ? just sort of resin bulbs on the leaves.

Cool pic. Cool thread
Yessir. This is more of a sap bubble for now but we know what those turn into.

Organikz

Organikz

nice healthy looking girls . im actually trying to up my organic game , learn what i can
Here's the secret. Black gold. I will post pics of my 300g worth of compost. I'm just going to let the microbes work it until spring then I'm throwing uncle Jim's compost pack in each one.

Reactions: sun
G gnome

G gnome

I don't get the resentment for no till in these forums. If you go to GC the kings of no till are there and pretty much every organic gardener has turned.

Wetdog doesn't even measure anything. He eyeballs the mix and feels it for tilth and aeration.

You guys are open minded but I was searching something and a thread popped up from here and a guy just wanted to start a no till thread and everyone went off on him.
Got a link?

Organikz

Organikz

Got a link?
Lol I think I do remember pics of snowflakes. Haha. I get you now gnome. You just say what's on your mind and I can respect that. I'm somewhat of the same. People tend to get lost in this reality creat3d in their head. The world needs guys like you to keep everyone from transforming into the kardashians.

G gnome

G gnome

Lol I think I do remember pics of snowflakes. Haha. I get you now gnome. You just say what's on your mind and I can respect that. I'm somewhat of the same. People tend to get lost in this reality creat3d in their head. The world needs guys like you to keep everyone from transforming into the kardashians.

I just call em like i see em and i dont miss much haha

Im the same person here as i am in the world. Either ya love me or hate me. I say what i mean and i dont sugar coat shit.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
This spring we tested soil in veg. garden and amended as recommended..
I tilled just enough to scratch surface to knock out most of the weeds. We covered in landscape cloth and set individual emitters dripping for each plant, veggies of all sorts.
Was a bit hotter than normal so far here in the HIGH OH OH OH!!! so high mountain desert at 6200 foot
Was slow at first but now everything is kicking ass.
We have worked the soil for 16 years adding goat and chicken manure but never tested till last spring...
This fall will pull up cover, and plant a cover crop to crowd out the weeds..
Got monsters full and lush as can be..A top dress bucket now and again for containers but nothing for garden.
Was looking at label for age old organic liquid nutes. Says not for consumable crops..WTFs up with that??
IMO keep it simple let nature do its thing, we have manure as old as 10 years pure gold cant really over do..
Also live in grow paradise similar to Kush mountains, same elev. hot dry days windy, beats plants up makes em tough, cool evenings especially come fall...

Latest posts

Top Bottom