A Single Straw Can Start A Revolution. - Masanobu Fukuoka

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

@Thejoeybrown I was admiring your girl. I'm stalking her lol. I'm just making a suggestion here. Do you have any sort of grain...even oatmeal? What it will do is cause an enzyme release that will stimulate resin production. I bet you'll see resin pile up. Its going to get the worms excited also. I wouldn't bother with fulvic acid. Worm castings are so loaded with humic acid you're covered. Heed the advice or don't but it's strongly recommended by build a soil to start SST at your stage of the game. I think it's kind of funny build a soil has tried to break Coots feeding program down into different stages to sell product like their bloom top dress kit. He clearly states its the same from start to finish.

Organikz

Organikz

Definitely bro. But one thing is for sure you are passionate about it and beleive in it. It shows in your writing.

That Coot sounds like a hoot! Hahahah.
I just think it's a very revolutionary way of thinking but at the same time it's primal. Its been there all along. Humans have been practicing similar styles of cultivation for thousands of years. Biochar for instance. Its use has been dated back to prehistoric days. The people saw lush vigorous growth after a forest fire. They did what they could with what they had...mimic nature.

I'm the type and I say it all the time. Work smart not hard. I do jobs that normally take 2 men myself...i utilize tricks of the trade...isnt.this the same?

Organikz

Organikz

@Thejoeybrown
For instance you thought it was going to be a lot of work to get that soil outside fertile. Nope...toss the trimmings over the area and come back next year. I bet you could just drop a bean like jack.

All the carbon and nutrients used to create that biomass goes right back into the soil. "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

Organikz

Organikz

Transplants and neem oil.

Organikz

Organikz

We must learn from our mistakes. If you think you're done learning, overconfidence has a tendency to lead to a good serving humble pie so don't ever get caught sleeping. I think my tensiometer was being thrown off because of the way it was positioned. In a large bed like this you should have them towards the center of the bed and center of each quadrant. I've seen it happen to the best. That has to be the reason for the yellow tips along with a few leaf kicks and flips.

I put down a heavy layer of alfalfa straw. If I put a fresh layer of this I've learned you should not run anything except a coconut water feed once a week. The alfalfa is a biostarter in itself and is extremely high in crude fiber and protein so she will run hot if you accelerate decomposition anymore.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Are you on IG bro? Just wondering cuz I just came across clackamas coots IG. I'm sure you've checked it out

Organikz

Organikz

Are you on IG bro? Just wondering cuz I just came across clackamas coots IG. I'm sure you've checked it out
I haven't been to IG. I'm on grass city. He went under lumperdawgz there. Some guys still talk to him. I got the jump on the organic soap nuts for IPM. Saponin and neem = no more protekt.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I haven't been to IG. I'm on grass city. He went under lumperdawgz there. Some guys still talk to him. I got the jump on the organic soap nuts for IPM. Saponin and neem = no more protekt.
Never tried instagram? You should check out his page

Organikz

Organikz

Cruise control. They've taken some hits on the dial in but I think im there and it's time for me to step away again. Become a spectator once again, still monitoring but not touching unless environmental adjustments are needed. Blumat will be monitored!

Organikz

Organikz

Soap nut emulsifier. This solidifies my argument that soil growing doesnt require silica. There's enough silica in 1 cup of worm castings. And i just noticed that a recipe for an emulsifier solidifies something....

Screenshot 20170702 232532
Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I'm going to post my recipe. It's very similar except I feel like you will be extracting more by boiling. My cast iron grain mill will come in handy. I'm going to dust the stuff.

First you need organic soap nuts. This is how you will make your concentrated solution.

"Boil 2 berries for every one cup of water for 30 minutes. You may want to crush or mash the berries before or during boiling to release as much of the saponins as possible. Allow the water to cool, then strain the solution through a muslin cloth, add essential oils if you prefer and store in a recycled jar in the fridge to prevent spoiling. Use the leftover soap nuts and the muslin cloth in the washer together for one load of laundry."

This works great suspending neem as well, it breaks water surface tension. Hopefully someone can add on to this because I'm still researching the concentration to use. I will probably start with 2 tsp per quart and see how well that emulsifies neem oil.

A mixture of this, neem, and a rotation of essential oil will make this a trifecta IPM.

• Lemongrass, lavender, or clove for adults.
  • Rosemary and any citric oil for eggs.
  • For powdery mildew chamomile works wonders.

This would eliminate the need for silica products as emulsifying agents for the organic gardener.

Organikz

Organikz

Girls are looking good in spite of the hell they've been through. Its okay. Im dialed, I hope anyway, and I'll slow things down and let them recover before flower. My bed was overwatered a few times hence the potassium issue. I did apply nematode triple threat today. I think im deducting down to 1 or 2 inputs a week (always including neem/kelp). I think im piling up too much. LITFA! White spots are from nematode juice.

20170829 212134
Top Bottom