Adding Aroma And Flavor During Grow?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theguy

Theguy

Roleandro 400w cree cob. 200 actual w 2 sandlewood 150w leds

I also have a 250 w hps but im not using that in this grow. Was thinking of adding but I know what the hps can do so I want to know how well this cob full spectrum will do with the leds

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Reeked like something that gave off an aroma that it was trapped with it!
What research have you been reading? Anything trapped in a space with something that smells well that smell will go on to them as well like cigarette smoke bud smoke!
Come on now
You see B, I used to be like you. Research research research other wise it doesn't matter what any one says. But as you grow and as you post research in arguments, you come to realize that research contradicts itself all the time.
I have 8 grow books Mel, Ed, Jorge, Robert. They all contradict each other in certain ways.
The truth of the matter is what is when did it become a bad thing to test things out for yourself and not believe what everyone tells you? That's the only way I grow. Research is the guidelines but comparison tests ultimately is what makes a better grower. Figuring out what works best with your overall method and environment.
Try some comparisons. Don't be a sheep go against the grain, morty.

brazel

brazel

I also have a 250 w hps but im not using that in this grow. Was thinking of adding but I know what the hps can do so I want to know how well this cob full spectrum will do with the leds
That's what these companies do, tell you 36" when you're rocking 18" and still have stretch. Then tell you 400w but only 200w and their spectrum chart shows no green. I didn't read anymore, I didn't even have to read that to know everything about this companies lights. Personally I'd use your hps.
Personally I would of skipped on that light.
When you here cree, you hear that because they're awesome but a 250w cree cost 600.
Cree make many levels of diodes and each level breaks down further by what bins they come from.

So these cree you guys bought are crap, and you could've use the 150$ they cost on a different style light that would be better like metal halide.
Please don't be offended, I don't believe it's your fault. These companies take advantage of people with their Preposterous claims!

I can go back to the website and break down everything they say, to the truth.
And it's sickening to see how many people write good reviews on there and how many stars it has. But if you really need to focus and read the reviews they don't give me no information they say things like yeah it works good my plants love it there's no science behind that

And I know you say your plans look good there green healthy but that doesn't mean the lights good does it grow yes to its full potential not even close. I hope you receive this AZ education and learning and not that I'm attacking you cuz I'm not I've been there before I bought like four or five of those Mars Hydro lights I still have them sitting their box in my closet.

After that I ready and read and read and read for five years later I know a lot of shit about that shit personally now I just make my own but if I was going to buy when I buy Timber I might even still buy a Timber.

brazel

brazel

There's probably less than a handful of LED companies that I would trust and that anything you can read on their website is the truth but if you want to learn anything about light spectrums and everything that goes with it and don't get your information from a company's website cannabis related go with science or the hand photo ID companies that are respectable I told you about

I did the same thing with HPS and metal halide back in 99 I read read read and learn learn learn read read read learn I did same thing with CFLs I like CFLs and t5 t8 t10 t5678123 ha ok you get the point

brazel

brazel

You see B, I used to be like you. Research research research other wise it doesn't matter what any one says. But as you grow and as you post research in arguments, you come to realize that research contradicts itself all the time.
I have 8 grow books Mel, Ed, Jorge, Robert. They all contradict each other in certain ways.
The truth of the matter is what is when did it become a bad thing to test things out for yourself and not believe what everyone tells you? That's the only way I grow. Research is the guidelines but comparison tests ultimately is what makes a better grower. Figuring out what works best with your overall method and environment.
Haha I bought all those books between 99 and 2002 and then I figured out that they're all shit if you read my post I always recommend don't read any book for knowledge that has cannabis in it but as time goes by and laws change that's going to change too I look for real science

All the research research research you did and the contradicting should have taught you to research in another area outside of cannabis read books like what plants know, the handbook of plant nutrition and many more. I'm all for testing and comparison but get as far as you can with Science and build your knowledge, then use that and go do comparison, experiment, unless you just like tinkering and stuff like that, then cool.
I'm going to go get high, fuck around with some shit and see what I come up with... awesome have fun

It's when you say it reeked like pineapples and that goes against every bit of research.
Well you should at least learn that smells stick to you and absorb into stuff.

Cheers experiment away have fun

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Agreed, but you need to understand that it happens quite often on here that you get a lot of people who ask a question and seem unwilling to accept an answer they do not want to hear, it can get frustrating. You had a hint of that in your replies. Not saying it was intentional but to be fair this is a public forum full of passionate growers and you have to expect passionate answers, even if they are blunt answers. You will always find two different answers to a yes or no question, I would do a test plant on the side and see for yourself. Peace!
Very diplomatic answer there!
Lawyer?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

There was a lot of hostility on this thread!
Like a couple people need a snicker bar.................

Well i guess this the time of season to make it taste like pumpkin spice :)

S

Shawnery

What someone thinks about anything they've never used or tryed before means little in comparison to yield and quality.

If I get done and my yield and quality are both lacking because of the lights i used than I'll change things but until then I'll keep an open mind.

If I get done and my yield and quality are respectable then maybe you can try to second guess yourself for once.

Theguy

Theguy

That's what these companies do, tell you 36" when you're rocking 18" and still have stretch. Then tell you 400w but only 200w and their spectrum chart shows no green. I didn't read anymore, I didn't even have to read that to know everything about this companies lights. Personally I'd use your hps.
When you here cree, you hear that because they're awesome but a 250w cree cost 600.
Cree make many levels of diodes and each level breaks down further by what bins they come from.

So these cree you guys bought are crap, and you could've use the 150$ they cost on a different style light that would be better like metal halide.
Please don't be offended, I don't believe it's your fault. These companies take advantage of people with their Preposterous claims!

And it's sickening to see how many people write good reviews on there and how many stars it has. But if you really need to focus and read the reviews they don't give me no information they say things like yeah it works good my plants love it there's no science behind that

And I know you say your plans look good there green healthy but that doesn't mean the lights good does it grow yes to its full potential not even close. I hope you receive this AZ education and learning and not that I'm attacking you cuz I'm not I've been there before I bought like four or five of those Mars Hydro lights I still have them sitting their box in my closet.

After that I ready and read and read and read for five years later I know a lot of shit about that shit personally now I just make my own but if I was going to buy when I buy Timber I might even still buy a Timber.
I just

I don't take attacks. Open forum. I grow because it teaches patience and bud is very expensive now where I live. Also I dont care to have the best I just want to grow good organic weed so my wife and I have quality buds to smoke. I love the art of growing and all that comes with it. I will say that this cob is doing a hell of lot better thank the 250w hps. And runs cooler. I dont know about how real the full spectrum is. The leds and the cob together seem to be doing a great job thus far. Live and learn and grow more. I do hope i get some quality buds from this grow. I honestly didnt expect to fill the tent with plant but thats just how it went so im gonna try and make the best of it. Hell maybe next time ill run the hps cob and led all at the same time and definitely get a broad spectrum. However we will all know how well this combination goes. Full report all the way through. Maybe these lights are capable of producing top notch flowers. For comparison i will run my next cut exactly how you say and see how that goes. I have plenty of time and equipment only rule is must be 100% organic. Lol. I dont take offense to any comments personal or otherwise and take all consideration as advice. The proof is in the pudding so if these lights to produce top quality buds you have to retract your comment about full potential. Deal? As far as this grow gos everything seems ideal lights on temps max out at 82f and 30%h nighttime temps down to 68. I have seen many threads stating 82-86 is optimal for led lighting i can drop temps if need be. I know most of the lights being pushed are china made crap but from what ive seen they are doing damn good work. Anyhow thank you for the feedback and I look forward to gaining more knowledge from you and the other members. Thanks for keeping it exciting

brazel

brazel

There was a lot of hostility on this thread!
Like a couple people need a snicker bar.................

Well i guess this the time of season to make it taste like pumpkin spice :)
I'll take some pumpkin spice... man walking into trader joes overwhelms me with pumpkin smell then I leave smelling like a pumpkin!
Pumpkin muffin with cream cheese frosting in the center damn it why'd you have to bring up pumpkin

brazel

brazel

What someone thinks about anything they've never used or tryed before means little in comparison to yield and quality.

If I get done and my yield and quality are both lacking because of the lights i used than I'll change things but until then I'll keep an open mind.

If I get done and my yield and quality are respectable then maybe you can try to second guess yourself for once.
Man my goal here is not to disrespect you or put you down I'm just trying to give you a little bit of information so the next time you'll be better informed.

How are you going to know if your yield or quality is proper or lacking?

This is nothing that I think this is 100% true. I would never have to use it or try it to know this I knew the first glance I looked at it, I knew from the price.
I can go on and on and on about all the negative things about that light but if you read my post I said it's nothing against you these companies take advantage of you
Once you're in the game longer and you dedicate yourself to proper learning you'll be able to do the same thing and then you're going to fall in the same boat Im in, and you're going to laugh

If you also read some of my other post I'm not afraid to second-guess myself in fact I've said multiple times that it feels better to be wrong and shown what's correct it does to be right you're always right you're never learning to be wrong and showed what is correct knowledge and that's key. And there's times I'm wrong I'm not perfect and when I'm wrong I'll be the first person to jump in there and say sorry I was wrong about this

brazel

brazel

This is probably half of my library.
Skunk, red eye, weed world, cannabis culture, heads those are some of the magazines I see with a quick glance but I have other Publications too. I don't even know how many books, pretty much everyone.

I've read them all many times over.
Maybe tomorrow I'll pull down another box.
I think i really slow down on buying cannabis books around 2007-8 and then I started converting more to permaculture soil Sun diving more into it, a big majority of those I really started picking up in 2013 I think or 12. I forget, most of them are on my Kindle or PDF files

I try my best to live free of ego. SAT NAM.
I'm not trying to show off or anything like that. I'm just trying to say I feel you man, I get it. I started at the bottom now I'm here ahaha
Cheers

20171021 002715
20171021 002756
20171021 002812
20171021 002827
20171021 002841
20171021 002848
20171021 002855
20171021 002912
20171021 002918
Last edited:
BioStimz

BioStimz

Everything in those pictures would be seed packs.... but that's just me.

Trial & error baby.

~

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Skunk, red eye, weed world, cannabis culture, heads those are some of the magazines I see with a quick glance but I have other Publications too. I don't even know how many books, pretty much everyone.

I think i really slow down on buying cannabis books around 2007-8 and then I started converting more to permaculture soil Sun diving more into it, a big majority of those I really started picking up in 2013 I think or 12. I forget, most of them are on my Kindle or PDF files

I'm not trying to show off or anything like that. I'm just trying to say I feel you man, I get it. I started at the bottom now I'm here ahaha
Cheers

Cheers

I wonder why reading your posts makes me want to shoot myself in the head with a tomahawk missile..
What does Brazel mean?
Are you the infamous Mac Brazel?

I wonder why you annoy me.

Top Bottom