Adding Aroma And Flavor During Grow?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

As I've stated a number of times I am both new but eager to learn. I've read through so many experiences and attempts the ideas are bubbling of the top of my head. I'm sure this is both not a new idea, from my research, though not broadly accepted in the growing arena.

Don't get me wrong because I love the taste great cannabis but there's also some that I could do without. I'm a big fan of vapes with terpens added for richer flavor profiles so why not the buds themselves.

The idea is basically you get some essential oil or extracts that you want to try out and go from there. I'm not sure of the actual dosages one would use but there's much info out there about this. Literally the sky is the limit when it comes to your desire and imagination.

When the plant is just about ready for harvest you starve it for 3 but no more than 4 days. After you starve it you feed it with your flavored water. Then you go through the regular process of drying and curing. If you don't want to do or try an entire plant you can just cut of a branch and do the same thing.

Has anyone here attempted thus and if so what was your personal experience?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

be Careful with essential oils. many are very potent.

As I've stated a number of times I am both new but eager to learn. I've read through so many experiences and attempts the ideas are bubbling of the top of my head. I'm sure this is both not a new idea, from my research, though not broadly accepted in the growing arena.

Don't get me wrong because I love the taste great cannabis but there's also some that I could do without. I'm a big fan of vapes with terpens added for richer flavor profiles so why not the buds themselves.

The idea is basically you get some essential oil or extracts that you want to try out and go from there. I'm not sure of the actual dosages one would use but there's much info out there about this. Literally the sky is the limit when it comes to your desire and imagination.

When the plant is just about ready for harvest you starve it for 3 but no more than 4 days. After you starve it you feed it with your flavored water. Then you go through the regular process of drying and curing. If you don't want to do or try an entire plant you can just cut of a branch and do the same thing.

S

Shawnery

I always find it interesting how people come up with hard strong rules without personal experience or educated opinions on said topic. I don't mean this or my last post as a put down or to be rude. It's just that unless you've done the research how do you really know? I can personally point you in the direction of content that will clearly show there is merit to these ideas.

Imagine the flavor profiles you could come up with and of course it would take time to get tho dosages right.

S

Shawnery

On it? Or in the water?

A better choice would be to put dried peels in with the buds when you cure them. From my understanding if your adding it from the outside.

Madbud

Madbud

On it? Or in the water?

A better choice would be to put dried peels in with the buds when you cure them. From my understanding if your adding it from the outside.
In the water, mixed at 8:1, every other watering for most of august and september while they flowered.

S

Shawnery

Terpens are organic. Sometimes the flavor you seek can not be found with the effect you are looking for. Worse yet sometimes the effects you are looking for are associated with the worst flavors out there.

S

Shawnery

From what I've read adding it through the entire flowering period doesn't work. I forget the reason but they stated this specifically. I would assume essential oils would work better then the juice?

dan1989

dan1989

I added orange peels to a jar of curing buds to re-moisten them last run. No noticeable difference, the weed smell just overpowered any aroma that may or may not have imparted into the herb. Not sure whether the acidity would do the trichs any good...

S

Shawnery

There's a 2015 write up in high times concerning the process. I don't know but they seem like a trustworthy source?

dan1989

dan1989

Such a lack of respect or civility! What's wrong with people who can't express opposing views without demeaning those they disagree with?

At least if know else does you sure know everything!

Agreed, but you need to understand that it happens quite often on here that you get a lot of people who ask a question and seem unwilling to accept an answer they do not want to hear, it can get frustrating. You had a hint of that in your replies. Not saying it was intentional but to be fair this is a public forum full of passionate growers and you have to expect passionate answers, even if they are blunt answers. You will always find two different answers to a yes or no question, I would do a test plant on the side and see for yourself. Peace!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Opposing views or experience for a grower who knows what their doing.

Lol

go ahead, it's your plants. Pour all the crap in it. Then please post back the results.

Search
Search
Search

it's been talked about for yrs and yrs and yrs with the same "not gonna work" conclusion.

Top Bottom