Adjusting Ph Questions

• Thread starter DTOM420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DTOM420

DTOM420

I’m setting up my first grow in 25+ years and it’ll be my first outdoor grow. I’m going to be planting auto-fem White Widow in Zone 9a and I’m wondering about ph - in the soil and in our well water. I have a drip system in my veggie garden that runs off our well water and I was planning to setup a similar drip system so that I can automate the watering and keep it very consistent. I’m waiting on a ph tester right now but we have hard water and I’m pretty sure it won’t be optimal. So, how do I adjust the water or compensate for it? Is there some sort of inline system that can be set to moderate the well water as it passes through? Or, do I need to adjust the soil to compensate for water? Looking for options here.

I used to be pretty good at indoor growing but that was a lifetime ago and I’m starting back off as a newbie. Ugh! So, take it easy on me. Lol!

I plan on using some Happy Frog products, perlite and and mixing in some native soil. Some plants will go into the ground and some will be in 3 gallon bags in potholes.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I’m setting up my first grow in 25+ years and it’ll be my first outdoor grow. I’m going to be planting auto-fem White Widow in Zone 9a and I’m wondering about ph - in the soil and in our well water. I have a drip system in my veggie garden that runs off our well water and I was planning to setup a similar drip system so that I can automate the watering and keep it very consistent. I’m waiting on a ph tester right now but we have hard water and I’m pretty sure it won’t be optimal. So, how do I adjust the water or compensate for it? Is there some sort of inline system that can be set to moderate the well water as it passes through? Or, do I need to adjust the soil to compensate for water? Looking for options here.

I used to be pretty good at indoor growing but that was a lifetime ago and I’m starting back off as a newbie. Ugh! So, take it easy on me. Lol!

I plan on using some Happy Frog products, perlite and and mixing in some native soil. Some plants will go into the ground and some will be in 3 gallon bags in potholes.
If you can get like an undersink ro filter , ( can be installed inline to a hose outside)(usually fairly inexpensive) that should ensure water quality of on a well. I’d also check the ph to see how bad it is. If it’s high, I’d do like a drum to fill post ro. Then use ph up or down and get it to 6~ish, in a pinch lemon juice works, to lower, takes like a few drops, sulphor to bring it up if needed. But usually one needs to lower and ph down solution at any grow store is cheap and they also may have an ro system suited to cannabis. Medium price range usually, $~200ish

DTOM420

DTOM420

If you can get like an undersink ro filter , ( can be installed inline to a hose outside)(usually fairly inexpensive) that should ensure water quality of on a well. I’d also check the ph to see how bad it is. If it’s high, I’d do like a drum to fill post ro. Then use ph up or down and get it to 6~ish, in a pinch lemon juice works, to lower, takes like a few drops, sulphor to bring it up if needed. But usually one needs to lower and ph down solution at any grow store is cheap and they also may have an ro system suited to cannabis. Medium price range usually, $~200ish

I found another solution I think will work. EZ-Flo makes a system that you can tie into a hose bib or non-constant pressure drip system that will inject either nutrients or a PH balancer and you can set it to get it within an acceptable range. I'm new here and don't know the policy on posting links but it should be easy to find on google. I'm going to get their 2020HB model. it's around $85 and will treat somewhere between 1000 and 5000 gallons of water depending on how much of the PH balance solution I need to use to get the right PH. It'll take a little messing around to get it tuned properly but it should make watering from my well a little easier.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh sweet. That sounds like a nice system. I don’t think anyone here would have a problem with you posting a link. You’re not advertising for them and your reluctance to post the url is proof. I’d like to check it out for reference.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I found another solution I think will work. EZ-Flo makes a system that you can tie into a hose bib or non-constant pressure drip system that will inject either nutrients or a PH balancer and you can set it to get it within an acceptable range. I'm new here and don't know the policy on posting links but it should be easy to find on google. I'm going to get their 2020HB model. it's around $85 and will treat somewhere between 1000 and 5000 gallons of water depending on how much of the PH balance solution I need to use to get the right PH. It'll take a little messing around to get it tuned properly but it should make watering from my well a little easier.
Sweet I think I’ll order one as well!

DTOM420

DTOM420

Top Bottom