• Start date
  • Tagged users None
NFT

NFT

Those are non- existent in the US!
Thanks for sharing man!

They are very easy to make yourself
the top plate/tray is the only part of the system that is harder to replace
the diamond shape pattern of the top plate is designed to spread the solution out evenly while keeping the solution shallow over the whole surface of the tray when it is pumped from a single central outlet from one end of the tray

if you used a flat tray with no diamond shapes the water would puddle in the middle it would not spread out evenly over the surface of the tray but you could overcome this problem with a flat try by using 2-3 outlets spaced out or a sprinkler type outlet that would spread the water out before it runs down the flat tray this would help prevent puddling in the center and dry edges

the lower tank/res and submersible pump could be replaced with any similar size pump or tank

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

the top plate/tray is the only part of the system that is harder to replace
t

Yeah I kinda tried to make one but the top plate was where my attempts totally fell short.
That Ebay link was very helpful, international shipping:)

You're really a pro man thanks again for sharing!

Reactions: NFT
NFT

NFT

Yeah I kinda tried to make one but the top plate was where my attempts totally fell short.
That Ebay link was very helpful, international shipping:)

You're really a pro man thanks again for sharing!

nice, they have the next two sizes up also these might be more suitable for you anyway
the little ones i use only have 20 liter res which means you will need to fill them up all the time with bigger plants

the 424 is 45l just over 3.5 ft long the 604 60l just over 5ft long
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-424-NFT-system-/370943806783?hash=item565df94d3f:g:xpwAAOSwsN9XB9FQ
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-604-NFT-System-/370943806777?hash=item565df94d39:g:7LYAAOSwAvJXB9QB

peace

NFT

NFT

day 41 (16 days veg 25 days 12/12)

removed the mothers milk clones had to make more space for the seed plants they continue to stretch
bent over the tallest plants to keep them just over 3ft
stretch is between 600-800% in 25 days, little tiny buds on them now

image.php

image.php
image.php

peace

Scoobynew

Scoobynew

I can see what ya mean about they ain't as fast to flower when ya flower before properly mature
The 3 plants I have in nft look like cabbages. So many leafs on such a short plant I'm sure you would say they big enough to flower but I need some height so I can get a cutting off each

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

@NFT
Do you strip or defoliate progressively throughout flower?
Or leave it alone?

Reactions: NFT
NFT

NFT

@NFT
Do you strip or defoliate progressively throughout flower?
Or leave it alone?

i just started to remove the weaker growth today along with a few of the bigger leaves
this is the first time i have removed any growth, ill continue to remove the weaker growth throughout the grow
i will remove some of the bigger leaves too, i also tuck them under the canopy or push a branch between the middle leaf blade of the fan leaves this keeps them held down but allows the cola to poke through

mostly i removed stringy vine like shoots at the bottom and middle of the plants
bent over some of the branches to give them more space
as they are all different plants they are growing with varying amounts of shading issues

LA chocolat are the most leafy and also grow branches that tangle into each other bolt upright too close together these have needed the most amount of work to open them up the way i like them

one of the BLZ is growing in the perfect shape, its not too tall it has made many branches that all sit at the canopy level
poking through the large leaves branches growing out at good angles to allow the light in
one of the sunshine daydream also looks nice, stays short but is very wide makes huge leaves bigger than all the other plants
but these leaves hang down and do not get in the way, the internode spacing is good with this one also

peace

NFT

NFT

I can see what ya mean about they ain't as fast to flower when ya flower before properly mature
The 3 plants I have in nft look like cabbages. So many leafs on such a short plant I'm sure you would say they big enough to flower but I need some height so I can get a cutting off each

they are not as fast at starting flower but so far they always catch up
when i ran seed plants at 3 weeks veg they catch up on the 2nd and 3rd growth spurt around 7-8 weeks
the same thing happened on my last run with only 2 weeks veg
so the overall time should be the same they should take 85 days from start to finish (pheno/strain dependent)

i have only been vegging them for 2-3 weeks for the last couple of years, mostly before this i would of vegged them for 4-5 weeks or until preflowers

Scoobynew

Scoobynew

Would ya mind if I post a pic of the 3 plants I have in nft see what you think I'm only trying nft since I started following your journal

NFT

NFT

4 weeks 12/12

removed some of the larger leaves and thinned out the lower branches
ec is now 1.8, i allowed the veg food to drop to 1.0 and brought it upto 1.8 in steps of .2 with flower food over the last few days, BLZ bud looking like the best plants so far both have a nice structure and are the most mature at this stage

image.php

image.php

image.php
image.php

peace

Scoobynew

Scoobynew

lol dont look as if they have been thinned out still looks like little jungle
heres the 3 plants I have I put them into flower yesterday I'm hopin they will blow up like your plants

IMG 0120
NFT

NFT

lol dont look as if they have been thinned out still looks like little jungle
heres the 3 plants I have I put them into flower yesterday I'm hopin they will blow up like your plants

looking good scooby
most of the growth i have removed is from the center and the bottom of the plants and most of it from LA chocolat
the 3 plants of the left of the picture they're much more leafy than the others

it will not look much different from the top view of the canopy at the moment
i try to keep as much growth at the top as possible as this is where all the light is. i remove the middle growth
because it allows the adjacent angled light to shine through the center of the plants
i remove a lot of the bottom growth but not so much whole branches i am keeping most of the ends of the branches where a smaller cola will grow

Scoobynew

Scoobynew

That makes sense
ive never really been consistent enough with pruning . A couple of crops ago I tryd stripping every leaf with a stem on at the end of stretch just to see how it turned out. I no different ppl have different views but I have spoken to ppl who pull big yields that always do it ( and have proof This is why I follow your journal I try to listen to what I see working ) Anyway all my buds seemed about half the size I would usually get so I was thinking what have I done but when it come to chop time even the lowest parts of the plant had solid little nugs on and I ended up pulling about 25% more weight than I had before

Scoobynew

Scoobynew

They filling in well now mate
:opps:
After seeing your plants compared to mine I defiantly think ya need to pick the right strain. I need lots more practice with nft lol

NFT

NFT

What's the dimensions of you grow space how close are your lights from each other

interesting questions scooby :)

8 plants occupy a space of (28sqft) 8ft by 3.5 ft
11-12 inches between each light reflectors are 17 inch long
lights are 14-16 inches above the canopy

Top Bottom