Any Mi Residents Get A Recent Letter About Smart Meter Upgrades?

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

so I received the "dreaded" smart meter upgrade letter yesterday in the mail. for both my home and my grow building. the upgrade for my home im not too worried about, what I am worried is at my grow building I lease. ive talked to the owner, he says its my choice to take the new meter or not. I am legal, but would rather not have the power company reading when my peak usages are, especially when all my power needs are on specific times.

its a 67.00 opt out fee PLUS a 9.80 monthly svc charge, but they still install a smart meter, BUT it does NOT transmit and power usage info back to the power company.

what are your thoughts?

Canappa

Canappa

so I received the "dreaded" smart meter upgrade letter yesterday in the mail. for both my home and my grow building. the upgrade for my home im not too worried about, what I am worried is at my grow building I lease. ive talked to the owner, he says its my choice to take the new meter or not. I am legal, but would rather not have the power company reading when my peak usages are, especially when all my power needs are on specific times.

its a 67.00 opt out fee PLUS a 9.80 monthly svc charge, but they still install a smart meter, BUT it does NOT transmit and power usage info back to the power company.

what are your thoughts?

Yes I received mine last year I chose not to broadcast my signal so they still have to come out and read it manually have not had any problems

stonestacker

stonestacker

I'v had mine for over a year, and DTE still sends out a meter reader wtf. I exaust next to my meter and don't keep up on my carbon filters lol. looked out one day and here comes a DTE van the guy says my meter stopped sending its signal. He checked it out and it was fine wtf.
I have a geothermal furnace so from day one I've' had dual and time of day meters so the new meter was not a big deal for me. They give me a break on heating and off peak usage. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to take the discounts away now that I use more watts than 100 of my neighbors and mostly off peak lol.
My son moved out for about 6 months once and DTE came and checked my meter to see if I was messing with it. The household usage dropped by 40% lol damn kids lol.
They know what we do. I just stay within my numbers.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

thanks everyone

opt out seems the likely choice.

now to try and get on a program to lower my grow buildings power costs. been paying 430 +/- a month for 2+ years now at this location. 4x600 (1@18/6, 3@12/12) 1x14k btu ac (12/12), + 7 amps max total of fan usage and other misc items.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
thanks everyone

opt out seems the likely choice.

now to try and get on a program to lower my grow buildings power costs. been paying 430 +/- a month for 2+ years now at this location. 4x600 (1@18/6, 3@12/12) 1x14k btu ac (12/12), + 7 amps max total of fan usage and other misc items.
Winter is the lowest power consumption, not sure if DTE had lower rates in winter but I know a lot of the other do...:)

FiveAM

FiveAM

2 room setup, constant power usage all day long...

water company sending fliers around about coming inside the house to put in new water meters..threw them in the trash twice now.

germinator

germinator

Have had a smart electric meter for a year, I now just recieved a letter from consumers power, they need to swap out my gas meter.
Someone over 18 must be home or they will pinlock the meter closed.
You can call to make an appointment to unpin and light your pilots.
Never ends..

P

papaberrrMI

i got a buddy that gets a 800 or 900 dollar power bill every month. you can smell his pet skunk from the street and he has visitors every day. stays within the numbers and hasnt had any problems. just not givin a fuclol

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
i got a buddy that gets a 800 or 900 dollar power bill every month. you can smell his pet skunk from the street and he has visitors every day. stays within the numbers and hasnt had any problems. just not giving a fuclol
SOOO funny I have a few buddies got the same shit going on you can smell the Skunk a mile down the road, 20 cars in driveway trimming for days and Oh wait Pizza Hut Driver is at the door with dozen large pizzas and some Buffalo Wings, I gots to go...........:nailbiting:

Last edited:
P

papaberrrMI

right haha. i just moved to mi and shit seems pretty laxed but maybe i still got some leftover paranoia from indiana cuz i still try yo keep it on the hush. no letters from the power people yet. im thinkin if anything maybe a thank you letter might show up. like you are now a gold member lol

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
right haha. i just moved to mi and shit seems pretty laxed but maybe i still got some leftover paranoia from indiana cuz i still try yo keep it on the hush. no letters from the power people yet. im thinkin if anything maybe a thank you letter might show up. like you are now a gold member lol
Its always better to keep you op and the DL and keep hush hush but yes, its slowly getting better in MI about MMJ ....

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

no one knows I grow, minus my patients and 5 close friends. only 2 people know where I grow and I like to keep it like that. I have 3 monster carbon scrubbers thru my grow building (flower and veg rooms, and im my main room. no smell permeating out from anywhere.

P

papaberrrMI

im still waiting on my card its been two weeks. im so stoked. but theres still plenty of reasons to keep it private. i mean im not doin it real big right this minute but ive had a couple guys kick in my door over a few zips. never under estimate a junkie. or the junkies brother that works for the power company. i mean you never know.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
no one knows I grow, minus my patients and 5 close friends. only 2 people know where I grow and I like to keep it like that. I have 3 monster carbon scrubbers thru my grow building (flower and veg rooms, and im my main room. no smell permeating out from anywhere.
That is how we roll also, THe big carbon scrubbers kicking so any meter readers, neighbors or who ever can't smell anything also panda film or windows so everything is Jet Black 24/7

P

papaberrrMI

i learned that lesson the hard way but i gotta say those motherfuckers probably started putting in job application after that lol. i made em earn it. well worth the stitches haha. like you said just prepare for em.

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

Yes I received mine last year I chose not to broadcast my signal so they still have to come out and read it manually have not had any problems
The smart meter is actually better if you are in Detroit keep in mind the meter man knows what's goin on when he sees that meter spinning the smart meter actually allows you to stay more low key

Top Bottom