Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today was the day to continue on my mainlining journey.

The new growth tips have reached a decent size.
So I trimmed off the solar panels on each plant.
20160226 222032

I then put them in the bullet mixed with watermelon juice and drank it.
I heard it cures cancer and is full of antioxidants so why let those leaves go to waste? It sure has a good taste.
This just may turn into a regular thing for me.
20160226 222849

20160226 220744

20160226 220818

I know I just corrected a huge ph swing today.
As well as the cause to the nutrient lockout.

So I've got my fingers crossed in hopes these plants will just continue to do their thing.

They definitely have not let stress slow them down.

Time to sit back and watch things unfold.

They want to live!!!

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@rmoltis Start getting and do it slowly, when feeding or watering start working your way up towards Ph 6.5/6.6

Don't do it over a day or two, move slowly to minimize a wide Ph swing. With your soil that acidic and with EJ being acidic by virtue of its ingredients, I think this would help. You are correct that a lot of times your new growth wont look as lush green as the other more established growth is. Dont freak out too much about this, I have found it to be normal. Keep in mind also with the defoliation and the main lining your performing is also going to stress them a tad.

As always when trying to diagnose issues a lot of growers freak out and start doing multiple things all at once and then have no way at drilling down and knowing for sure what the issue truly was.

Focus right now at getting you acidic condition under control and I think you will be ok...........

What type of soil did you start out with BTW?. Some commercial soils can be acidic right off the shelf depending on their ingredients............ I'm sorry I havent paid closer attention to your grow Son. I will endeavor to look in more often. I hope they dont mind and I'm sure they wont, but @Seamaiden and @CBDEMON and @FlyinJStable are very knowledgeable and will always help you if you reach out....... I love you man........

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
@rmoltis Focus right now at getting you acidic condition under control and I think you will be ok...........

What type of soil did you start out with BTW?.

I used roots organic potting soil.
I don't think it was acidic at first (but not sure didn't test upon immediate use).
I did however flush the soil before seeds were added.

I was reading about how organic soils can start breaking down organic matter causing acidic soil.
And how plants absorb the hydrogen ions depleting the soil lowering the ph as well.

I did notice going through my grow log when it started.
It was when I spotted what looked to be a small calcium deficiency. This may be my timeframe to schedule flushing around/before.

I just assumed organic soil was a no flush system. So I didn't bother. Looking back I should have & will in the future.

This is the reason why I wanted to start with bagseed. All the problem areas should reveal themselves over time. Allowing me to adapt and create a proper schedule of feeding, watering, flushing, foliar feeding, ph'ing soil etc.

With help from the peeps here @Seamaiden , @jumpincactus , @CBDEMON , @FlyinJStable and others.
I should be able to speed up this learning process.

I am still enjoying every second of it all.

Thx to all, help is much appreciated.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 24

New growth tips are sprouting open quickly.
And the plants are recovering. Getting a shade greener everyday.
20160227 171656

20160227 171743

There are still some spotted leaves.
But they seem to be responding well overall.
20160227 171706

20160227 171710

20160227 171714

20160227 171716

Dunge

Dunge

I wish you had left one of them un-trimmed.
Removing so much primary productivity tissue, so early just lets light hit the dirt.
I'd bet if you had left one intact it would have clearly demonstrated that over pruning simply delays growth.
Please think about this with future pruning adventures.
If I'm wrong I want to know about it.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Looking good in there man! I had a feeling the more neon green color in the young growth tips would turn a nice healthy green once they got a bit bigger. I agree with dunge about those bigger fan leaves being pretty important at this young stage, it may have been better to keep them until the branches at the internodes got a bit bigger t themselves. Regardless, they'll catch up to speed soon and be some nice stout, branchy plants! Good vibes to ya.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I wish you had left one of them un-trimmed.
Removing so much primary productivity tissue, so early just lets light hit the dirt.
I'd bet if you had left one intact it would have clearly demonstrated that over pruning simply delays growth.
Please think about this with future pruning adventures.
If I'm wrong I want to know about it.

Thx for the input @Dunge
This is my first time doing it, so I mostly have nug buckets thread to go by. Still learning, but I can try your idea of comparison in a later grow.

They keep growing quick (But I have limited experience to draw off of).

This was at first day topping.
Downloadfile 3
And this was 5 days later at 2nd topping.
Downloadfile 4

This Is now 1 day after topping (24th day of the photoperiod. just took this pic).
20160228 010653

Comparing time between 1st topping & 2nd topping (5 days), and 2nd topping to today(1day) It does look to be a difference. I'll wait a tad longer on the 1st topping next round.

Just remember I post a lot of pictures. I post a daily update at the start of each new photoperiod the plant sees. To give everyone an accurate representation of growth patterns.

From what I've read up on.
Mainlining adds about an extra 14 days or so to veg.
Seems about right based on the daily updates & growth I'm seeing.

Looking good in there man! I had a feeling the more neon green color in the young growth tips would turn a nice healthy green once they got a bit bigger. I agree with dunge about those bigger fan leaves being pretty important at this young stage, it may have been better to keep them until the branches at the internodes got a bit bigger t themselves. Regardless, they'll catch up to speed soon and be some nice stout, branchy plants! Good vibes to ya.

Thx for popping in @CBDEMON .
They sure have greened up after I fixed that nasty ph swing. I probably could have left the leaves a bit longer.
They were getting in each others way and I wanted them to share
I freaked when I saw that yellow growth with wierd spots. It hadn't shown that color in any of the posted pictures up until that point.

So I knew something was off.
Glad it was caught in short order.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Comparing time between 1st topping & 2nd topping (5 days), and 2nd topping to today(1day) It does look to be a difference. I'll wait a tad longer on the 1st topping next round.

Wish I could edit posts longer. I'm always editing posts until the last minute fixing grammatical errors and such. Grammar was my worst area I'm still learning.

I said 2nd topping my mistake. I meant fan leave removeal at day 23. Should read more like this.

Comparing time between 1st topping & fan leave removeal (5 days), and from that recent fan leave removeal to today(1day) It does look to be a difference. I'll wait a tad longer on the 1st topping next round.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You're kickin ass for your first grow though dude! You've got a much better plan of what you're doing than I did when I started growing

Thx @CBDEMON .
It did only take me 6 months to finish my planning thread :D.

I tried not to let time push me around.
I wanted my feet to be firmly planted on the ground when I began running.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 25

20160228 153115
20160228 153139

Things are looking good.
Some of them started stretching past their bonds.
So I took the time to readjust the pipe cleaners.
They are still powering through.
And the stems keep fattening up becoming strong little sticks
20160228 155845

They all look like little crosses.

If I've offended anyone I'm sorry that wasn't my intention.

I just like to be open with people and share my thoughts.
Here are the rest.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Decided to do my 2nd topping tonight
20160301 025006

It has been 8 days since last topping.
The 2 growth tips on each plant were all stretching and growing quick. So I decided it's time to send that energy into growing the 4 new manifold branches instead. I'm just hoping 4 main stem plants won't crowd each other too much once they bush out.

I then took all the defoliated plant matter.
Rinsed with cold water.
Tossed it in the blender with some watermelon juice & drank it.

How many more weeks before they show their sex?

I also noticed my roots have already stretched down to the drain holes. How do I know when it is time to transplant without pulling the plant & soil out of the pot?

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 27

20160301 181233

All these guys are growing at different rates.
I'm sure they were all from the same seeded bag of smoke. Just different siblings.

With no planned topping left to do.
I have a feeling things will get interesting from here on out.

It is just time to sit back and enjoy the show.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 28

20160302 163914

Got a few branches tied down.
The rest I'm waiting to grow out some more.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I am a painter in the union.
Winter is slow time.
Summer is right around the corner.
Today I started working again with the same company as last year.

The owner doesn't keep many people staffed.
Maybe 1-5 at the most depending on the year/workload.
he is a great person to work with. He is a genuinely good person. So I was more than happy when he called and asked if I was ready to work again :D.

My exact words were "hell yeah!!".
I know not very professional, but he knows I have a passion for what I do and love every minute of it.

I just hope that maintaining my garden doesn't become a hassle. How does everyone else handle keeping their gardens running efficiently while away?

Dunge

Dunge

I'm still in my first year of Blumat auto watering devices.
The learning curve includes:
Clean water only. (buy the filter) I add tea by hand once a week.
Water alarm, because water can leak.
Adjustments are made by hefting the pot, then tuning if too dry.
I like Blumats and expect to keep using them in flower forever.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 29

20160303 154125

The final growth tips grew our long enough to tie down.
There were maybe about 3-4 left total from all plants.

It looks like there may be a sativa leaner. The one in the top right of that picture. It's growing quick with larger internode spacing & skinnier leaves than the rest.

My plants are drinking water at an increased rate of speed. Does this mean I need to transplant them now?
I really want them to show sex first.

If anyone is wondering. I shuffle the plants in the tent every watering. So they are not in the same place in ea daily set of photos.

Automation.

Sounds ideal.

I'm still in my first year of Blumat auto watering devices.
The learning curve includes:
Clean water only. (buy the filter) I add tea by hand once a week.
Water alarm, because water can leak.
Adjustments are made by hefting the pot, then tuning if too dry.
I like Blumats and expect to keep using them in flower forever.

Nice, thx for sharing the idea of automated waterings
Just not sure if I'm ready for it yet. hand watering is still working well for now.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 30

20160305 014719

These plants will be ready for some solar panel trimming within the day or 2.

Here are my 2 favorites.
20160305 014736 1

20160305 014740 1

And here is my sativa leaner. It has skinnier leaves than the rest.
20160305 014822 1

And a close up of its longer internode spacing.
20160305 014902

Top Bottom