Before I Hit "pay Now"

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

hlg 320 kit is perfect for 2.5 x 4 ft tent.perfect and also the new new qb 324 is awesome
dif between the hlg 550 and 600 is 2 more years warranty,and more efficacy on the 550.
if ya need more power get 2 x hlg 320 kits that will blow away the 550 or 600 for 820 bucks and you will have more adjustability

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

hlg 320 kit is perfect for 2.5 x 4 ft tent.perfect and also the new new qb 324 is awesome
dif between the hlg 550 and 600 is 2 more years warranty,and more efficacy on the 550.
if ya need more power get 2 x hlg 320 kits that will blow away the 550 or 600 for 820 bucks and you will have more adjustability

Didnt even think about two 320s, thanks for the idea. I really liked the 320 for its dimensions. At 35 inches long it offeres great coverage for the length of my table. One of my worries was with the width being 8 inchs and not offering ideal coverage. 2 of the 320s 1 for each row, and 1 board per plant is an idea I can cosign on lol. Plus slightly cheaper. Ill look into the qb324, the 320s havent been available for a little bit, or they just sell out right then are. I had planned on buying lights last week but one of my animals needed emergency surgery. Kind of glad now, aiming to buy new lights May 15.

On a side note since blurples were brought up haha. Ive worked with chinese Led boxes for awhile(5ish years) and used a few different models from mars. I will never doubt their ability to grow. Have a box over 1 of my 5 tanks and 2 as back up. To clarify my only experience with them is with saltwater tanks, and growing corals. A common hobby nickname used is chinese shit boxes, :D:D:D theres a reason for that nickname. Especially when you have higher end leds over other tanks and see the difference over years of use. The one tank with shit box has a shark and a few corals. I dont really care for the corals and the shark doesnt really like light. So that light is perfect, a great buy, cheap and its lasted 4 years. I will not say its a good light, just has its uses.

Applogies if comparing reef lights to grow lights isnt acceptable here. Photosythisis is the goal on both hobbies and both also share the same goal of mimicing the sun for optimal indoor growth.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Yes. They have red and blue lights. Blue is good for veg and red for bloom. Combined they make a blue-purple color aka blurple. It’s acutally more of a bright pink color. Honestly, they I think they get a bad rep because most are made in China and a lot of people say they are cheaply made. I haven’t had any issues with diodes going out or struggling plants. Maybe I bought a decent brand or just some good luck.

Didnt even think about two 320s, thanks for the idea. I really liked the 320 for its dimensions. At 35 inches long it offeres great coverage for the length of my table. One of my worries was with the width being 8 inchs and not offering ideal coverage. 2 of the 320s 1 for each row, and 1 board per plant is an idea I can cosign on lol. Plus slightly cheaper. Ill look into the qb324, the 320s havent been available for a little bit, or they just sell out right then are. I had planned on buying lights last week but one of my animals needed emergency surgery. Kind of glad now, aiming to buy new lights May 15.

On a side note since blurples were brought up haha. Ive worked with chinese Led boxes for awhile(5ish years) and used a few different models from mars. I will never doubt their ability to grow. Have a box over 1 of my 5 tanks and 2 as back up. To clarify my only experience with them is with saltwater tanks, and growing corals. A common hobby nickname used is chinese shit boxes, :D:D:D theres a reason for that nickname. Especially when you have higher end leds over other tanks and see the difference over years of use. The one tank with shit box has a shark and a few corals. I dont really care for the corals and the shark doesnt really like light. So that light is perfect, a great buy, cheap and its lasted 4 years. I will not say its a good light, just has its uses.

Applogies if comparing reef lights to grow lights isnt acceptable here. Photosythisis is the goal on both hobbies and both also share the same goal of mimicing the sun for optimal indoor growth.

I actually have some of those burbles in my room. I had them given to me from a friend that was upgrading. They seem ok but kinda cheaply made. Two are vipraspectra and the other mars.. they work fine... I'm just used to bein outdoor with the sun. Haha. I love having a garden inside... but it' doesn't compare to the sun..

But I just got this room going a number of weeks ago....it was filled with junk.. I don' think the burples are working as well as the new plc6.2

IMG 20180219 123238
20180416 091853 1
20180416 091520
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I actually have some of those burbles in my room. I had them given to me from a friend that was upgrading. They seem ok but kinda cheaply made. Two are vipraspectra and the other mars.. they work fine... I'm just used to bein outdoor with the sun. Haha. I love having a garden inside... but it' doesn't compare to the sun..

But I just got this room going a number of weeks ago....it was filled with junk.. I don' think the burples are working as well as the new plc6.2

Looks like they are working good for you :). Plants are big, healthy, and frosty.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Just curious, what strain is that?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Been growing with a Nextlight Mini, 2x QB132's (2700k) and a Unitfarms UFO80 higher end import burple..For some reason, the plants seem to thrive on the MIXED spectrum (I tried to plan it, but it just fell into place).
I have grown with this setup and the plants near the Burple purple up more than the others..Oh..Added a DIY Far red Initiator (stuck a few 420nm Violet leds in for shits and giggles..)
Plants seem to start praying 2-3 hrs earlier each day..Hmmmm, I guess, even a bind man can find the hole..LOL.

Burple on the right..Mini on the left..QBs straddle both in a 3x3x6
DIY Far Red Thing - 2nd picture
4 12 18

IMG 0996

stiffneck

stiffneck

Been growing with a Nextlight Mini, 2x QB132's (2700k) and a Unitfarms UFO80 higher end import burple..For some reason, the plants seem to thrive on the MIXED spectrum (I tried to plan it, but it just fell into place).
I have grown with this setup and the plants near the Burple purple up more than the others..Oh..Added a DIY Far red Initiator (stuck a few 420nm Violet leds in for shits and giggles..)
Plants seem to start praying 2-3 hrs earlier each day..Hmmmm, I guess, even a bind man can find the hole..LOL.

DIY Far Red Thing - 2nd pictureView attachment 793499

View attachment 793498

Impressive! Nice work!

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

View attachment 793498

Nice plants, I like the half and half effect you got going there. Just got a pineapple express clone and excited to get it in flower. Looks pretty good from that pic, nice and ripe.

Does 2700k have a big inpact on flowering? Im stuck on the 2 320s idea, was going to get 2 3k, just use 1 for veg , the 2nd will be added for flower. The 320 does come in 2700k. If its a good spectrum for flowering I could do one of each, and rotate the boards so plants get a mix of spectrums throughout flower. Or is 2 3ks the better option?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice plants, I like the half and half effect you got going there. Just got a pineapple express clone and excited to get it in flower. Looks pretty good from that pic, nice and ripe.

Does 2700k have a big inpact on flowering? Im stuck on the 2 320s idea, was going to get 2 3k, just use 1 for veg , the 2nd will be added for flower. The 320 does come in 2700k. If its a good spectrum for flowering I could do one of each, and rotate the boards so plants get a mix of spectrums throughout flower. Or is 2 3ks the better option?
Thank you..The pineapple xpress2 is getting very ripe (6 days since the pic, and will be taken down next week.)
I would ask @sixstring about the spectrum mixing..I did mine by the seat of my pants and luckily it has been good to me so far. I also mixed 2x QB132's (2700k) with a QB288 (3000k) for a 2 plant bath tub grow with similar good results.:)
3 11 18 1

MissBotany

MissBotany

View attachment 793498

What a great idea! I might order a quantum board or two and add it to my grow room. Or I might use the Blurple LEDs for veg and the quantum boards for flower. So many decisions....

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Thank you..The pineapple xpress2 is getting very ripe (6 days since the pic, and will be taken down next week.)
I would ask @sixstring about the spectrum mixing..I did mine by the seat of my pants and luckily it has been good to me so far. I also mixed 2x QB132's (2700k) with a QB288 (3000k) for a 2 plant bath tub grow with similar good results.:)
View attachment 793562

"Bath tub grow" that made my morning man lol. Im now questioning the importance showers, those plants look delicious. I want ladies like that in my shower :woot::woot:

B

budfarmer420

U might look into the Electric Sky if you have a 2x4 its a perfect fit I love mine. Has lenses so less light hits the side of the grow tent where I think you can lose a lot of efficiency, the lens is better at pointing the light down than the grow tent is reflecting it. Plus this light has new wideband leds with infrared, i had some cheap lights and just swapped them out for electric sky es300, it has seriously beefed up since then since 1 week ago since it was looking sad under the purple. I dunno I'm a newer grower and just getting started trying to learn more but really like this thing they have good customer service too.

Electricsky
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

U might look into the Electric Sky if you have a 2x4 its a perfect fit I love mine. Has lenses so less light hits the side of the grow tent where I think you can lose a lot of efficiency, the lens is better at pointing the light down than the grow tent is reflecting it. Plus this light has new wideband leds with infrared, i had some cheap lights and just swapped them out for electric sky es300, it has seriously beefed up since then since 1 week ago since it was looking sad under the purple. I dunno I'm a newer grower and just getting started trying to learn more but really like this thing they have good customer service too.
Welcome to the farm and to growing! :)

You didn't ask (but seem to be eager to learn), so I must mention that imo the squares in your scrog are both too large and don't look strong enough to support weight when called upon. (I wouldn't try to support a sagging Blue Cheese plant with that..LOL)

What you wanted to accomplish was to weave the tops thru the net, thus exposing more buds sites, increasing yield etc. When I scrogged, the holes in my DIY scrog were about 2" sq. I removed it for convenience in watering, moving shit around, and pollinating a few branches. I don't need the increased yields so I didn't need it anymore.
Now I think the stems are way too brittle (normal) for any serious bending.

Not trying to be a dick, just my 2 cents..:smoking:

Top Bottom