Behold The Worlds Greatest Cannabis Storage.

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
The 8 gram Boveda® is the replacement pak use for the small, medium, large, x-large and 4 liter CVaults. 2-way humidity control works by continually responding and adjusting to the outside temperature and climate by either adding or removing humidity as needed to maintain a 62% level of relative humidity (RH) inside of packages and containers. Boveda® are active when you receive your product; Boveda® should be stored in the sealed 2 ML bag or other airtight
container when not in use
8g_packet_mockup_62.jpg

Wonder if I can just drop one of theses into a 1 gallon glass jar & get same resutls ??

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Wonder if I can just drop one of theses into a 1 gallon glass jar & get same resutls ??

the only thing i would question about that is the packet is in like a "pocket" of that upper tin... i wonder if the chemistry in the pack itself needs some sort of fresh air to stay working....

and i guess another thing to back that up would be why would they send them to you active and you have to seal them yourselves???

i wonder though... wheres squigg! haha i wish there was a technology on this forum where you could like call @ people, if ya need em. haha.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just like seeing a whole shitload of bud packed inside a pretty stainless steel canister. :D

So... no vacuum sealing, then? Whoops! I put the vid to the end. No removal of the air? No air flow, but it seems to me that some way to remove air would be preferable. Also, for me, the real comparison is between that and something that's actually sealed up for the same period of time, and 6 weeks is a cure, not a test. Leave the samples for 6mos to 1yr, now that's a test!

Shamus

Shamus

ive heard good things about it. like KP said there are other good food grade stainless steel canisters and you can buy the packs on their own from boveda i believe. as far as anything urban grower says i dont trust the guy.. it might be the mustache/ the fact hes always wearing sunglass's in the wrong situation or the fact hes a brand whore. however it would be a good medium to treasure chest your buds.. just dont loose the map. lol. and i guess change the packs every 2 months.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

dude is like billy mays of cannabis lol

i was most intrigued by the 4.5 gallon canister. hard to find something that big thats not plastic.

also if anyone is interested that noplastic.ca website has $5 flat rate shipping through tonight.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I got my 1st order the other day & went a head and ordered more of the mega 4.5 Gallon they kick ass, I see no point in buying theses if your not going to run the packs, 62% is the whole idea, alot of money to have a pocket welded to the top of the lid, but I don't give a shit these are bad mothers, sooo easy to reach in a get out an LB......:cool:

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
I tried them after buying a few at last years's LA cup. I was pretty stoked at the potential. After testing, I quit using them. I live on the coast, and the 62 is too high for my climate. I put cured herb in there and w/in a day or two, it was too damp for my liking. Maybe in a dryer climate? But not mine, imho. I was all set to order a fleet of the big ones, but after testing on the smaller ones, wasnt happy. Maybe if i could get a 55?

I told this same thing to the creator, and he tried to tell me 62 was perfect for ALL climates. Its not. And i even like my herb a tad on the sticky/spongy side.....I liked the guy alot too, he's a southern boy like me, so I'm in no way bashin the idea/product. Just my experience.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I tried them after buying a few at last years's LA cup. I was pretty stoked at the potential. After testing, I quit using them. I live on the coast, and the 62 is too high for my climate. I put cured herb in there and w/in a day or two, it was too damp for my liking. Maybe in a dryer climate? But not mine, imho. I was all set to order a fleet of the big ones, but after testing on the smaller ones, wasnt happy. Maybe if i could get a 55?

I told this same thing to the creator, and he tried to tell me 62 was perfect for ALL climates. Its not. And i even like my herb a tad on the sticky/spongy side.....I liked the guy alot too, he's a southen boy like me, so I'm in no way bashin the idea/product. Just my experience.

They are sweet ass containers, they are air tight, so I don't get why there not working for you. if your Buds are in a air tight container you should be able to put it into a room that is 100% RH and it should not affect your bud b/c there no way for the RH to rise in the container.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Yeah, theoretically, you're right. And thats what he kept saying. But, i tried it w 3 different starins that had been curing for 8+ weeks, and all 3 took a step back in the process and became more moist w less pungency. I even had friends smell the difference. Trust me, I wanted them to work.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i wonder if the packs are betting at raising the RH in the tins than lowering.... for example putting herb that wasnt all the way dry in there for the cure... so to say "pre-maturely" if that were the case....

the video shows him take dry nugs out of plastic bags and put in there.... i wonder at what point of the drying process would be most beneficial to actually start using them.... like jar with a hydrometer and once they hit 60% or something????

interesting none the less....

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I talked to the guy that is selling / came up with them, & he said to put the buds in the C Valts when its snaping happy... so that what I'm going to try, have drying room @ 60% RH/ Heat is @ 69 right now going to let the shit Dry nice & slow, I use to set the Dehu @ like 45 RH to speed up the process but not this time going to try it @ 60% RH to see if thats the better route for dying

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

I told this same thing to the creator, and he tried to tell me 62 was perfect for ALL climates. Its not. And i even like my herb a tad on the sticky/spongy side.....I liked the guy alot too, he's a southern boy like me, so I'm in no way bashin the idea/product. Just my experience.
Do you know what RH they were at when you put them in the containers? I have found that what RH is best for smoking is often very strain-dependent.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
They look sweet to me. Idk about the 62%, how do you even know what your shit is at when it's dry. I would like to know? I get my shit dry as fuck, before I jar it. Wet weed in a jar is just askin for trouble. The bomb can the to smelling like a wet sock over night. My shi is never spongy, it's crispy, crunchy, and smells so dank. No funky sock smells, or fast dreid green. Just good weed.

I bought 4 hydrometers and bought the salt pack that @ 75 RH to make sure their dead nuts on,then into the C Valuts the buds go

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Here you go... it is not at 55% but they have a 58%

Was wondering if anyone could shoot me a pm or do a thread on a perfect cure everytime using these?

Great find brother and thank you as I was stressing trying to figure out what to use for drying and curring as there is just so many different methods. I am in the high desert and it gets dry where I am at big time... with a few monsoon days in there to mess things up.

maggiemag

maggiemag

has anyone tried throwing these in a glass jar? I know it was mentioned but any results?

Top Bottom