Behold The Worlds Greatest Cannabis Storage.

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I have had a similar experience to Doc with these. I too live on the coast and 62% is far too high. 50-55% seems as though it would be more suitable for people in coastal areas.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I was thinking fridge in my neck of the woods because of heat issues in the high desert so I could keep it at 65F and use drying racks. If only my climate was a little cooler.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
has anyone tried throwing these in a glass jar? I know it was mentioned but any results?
I would not, but that's much personal preference. I tend to break things, but also I've found that they let weed dry out too much. I can tighten them down a good bit, but not enough to prevent all air/moisture movement, and then I still have to get them back open. I'm not calling my husband home from work to open up a jar of weed for me, that's just pushing it too far.

I love the chest freezer/fridge idea! That's approaching the volume I want.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

dont use screw down lids then, what about a flip top sealer?

im so tempted to just buy a couple small ones and test them out... but damn they are pricey

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

i bought some packs, going to try them with a few containers i normally use. im hoping they help my everyday jars since its so dry in the house right now.

i also bought a couple containers without the ridiculous up-charge, but its gonna be a few days before those get here. if i like both parts, my neighbor is going to tack a couple pieces of wire to the lids to slide the packs between. easy peasy and cheap.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What do you think would happen if you just dropped a couple of the packs into the bottom of the container? Or taped to the sides?

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

What do you think would happen if you just dropped a couple of the packs into the bottom of the container? Or taped to the sides?

not sure, but most likely ill end up just taking some small ball jars and curving them a bit to stand on the inside and toss a few nugs in for now. i would think that as long as they have some space to breath and arent suffocated by buds they should be able to do their thing. most cigar things ive seen hold them pretty tight together with a bit of airflow and it looks like the cvault does the same.

tape, glue, etc could work as long as the adhesive is not going to off-gas any shit into the fully sealed container.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
not sure, but most likely ill end up just taking some small ball jars and curving them a bit to stand on the inside and toss a few nugs in for now. i would think that as long as they have some space to breath and arent suffocated by buds they should be able to do their thing. most cigar things ive seen hold them pretty tight together with a bit of airflow and it looks like the cvault does the same.

tape, glue, etc could work as long as the adhesive is not going to off-gas any shit into the fully sealed container.

Let us know how well it works..:cigar:

maggiemag

maggiemag

in the pictures on the CVault site the small containers just had the packs curved on the side as KennyPowers suggests. I'm not sure about the ratio of weed to packs but placement doesn't necessarily seem to be a big deal, from what I saw anyway.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
CP from another Place that I was reading on Curing

This method is particularly effective for folks who are starting out, those looking to maximize quality in a shorter period of time, and folks who's like to produce a connoisseur-quality product each and every time with no guesswork involved.

It's a very simple and effective process:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don't dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers - digital and analog - this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

yup, a perfect cure every time, thats a top5 thread for me! i dont use the calibers that much anymore because they end up being in use elsewhere, but i learned from that method. i always recommend it to new growers or anyone looking to improve their cure. putting numbers to words like "crunchy, snappy, bendy, etc" really helps the process.

so i got some of these packs the other day, here are some first thoughts. i took 2 medium packs and put them into a quart Ball jar that was 3/4 full. i just propped the packs back to back between the lid and bud. the herb inside was a bit over dried as it is a favorite (sour lifesaver) and gets exposed a couple times a day to dry ass air.

for the first 24 hours i kept the jar sealed up. after that time there was a noticeable change to the feeling on the outside of the bud. not overly crunchy like it had been the day prior.

i took a nug out, broke it up, and could definitely tell it was not nearly as crispy as it had been. then i sealed it back up for another 24.

well yesterday i opened the jar a few times like normal. the buds have definitely soaked up some moisture and feel/grind/smoke much better than they did at the beginning of the week.

after being opened and closed a bunch yesterday and last night, im happy to report that the buds still had that nice feel to them this morning.

its only been a couple days so i need to try them out for awhile longer, but my initial opinion is that these are great for people battling dryness in their daily jars. wet coastal areas maybe not the best, but forced air heated michigan home and they are shining.

squiggly

squiggly

the only thing i would question about that is the packet is in like a "pocket" of that upper tin... i wonder if the chemistry in the pack itself needs some sort of fresh air to stay working....

and i guess another thing to back that up would be why would they send them to you active and you have to seal them yourselves???

i wonder though... wheres squigg! haha i wish there was a technology on this forum where you could like call @ people, if ya need em. haha.

I have been using these for awhile (in jars). They make smaller packs that work well in mason jars under a different brand easily found on eBay (but I had already used the Bovedas to store my cigars, and am simply looking for an appropriately sized jar to use them).

I can explain a bit how these work.

The pack is essentially a RO membrane enclosing hydrated sillica gel (the stuff they put in packs in your shoeboxes to remove moisture). The membrane is tuned to drive osmosis of moisture through the membrane until an equilibrium of a particular humidity level has been reached outside of the package. The chemistry here is super advanced so I'll skip explaining it.

Basically there is no need for air flow, in fact it's probably best that there is less to reduce the oxidizing power of oxygen (which will react with your terpenes and other actives) and to avoid loss of volatile terpenes themselves through evaporation.

The pack itself requires no fresh air whatsoever, this would work in a nitrogen atmosphere (totally inert). It simply releases moisture until the humidity outside of the pack is high enough to prevent further flow of moisture by osmosis (ie until the osmotic pressure on either side of the membrane has equalized).

Likewise if conditions become too wet, the osmotic pressure is once again out of balance and moisture will flow freely into the pack (where it is reabsorbed by the sillica gel).

These last much longer than 60 days if properly cared for. For instance if you were to enclose your bud as in the video above and just leave the thing closed, it would very likely last upwards of a year or more. The problem is that when you remove the lid, you lose a bunch of moisture--the more you do this the sooner the pack will be spent. Keep in mind that moisture will flow out more quickly the further from the prescribed humidity level the atmosphere is as this process follows an equilibrium behavior. Each additional molecule of water released in a sub 62% humidity atmosphere will be released more slowly than the last, which is to say that the further away from the prescribed humidity you are the faster your pack will shit out water molecules.

See: Le Chatlier's Principle (even for non scientists this is a helpful principle to understand for many reasons--I highly recommend you do some reading on this until you understand it).

Over time the moisture stored in the pack will eventually deplete--or secondarily the membrane itself will be spent (this is the absolute limitation on life of the pack).

I do recommend using the 62% packs for curing as opposed to the 55-58%. I have had better results with the higher humidity version.

Any other questions about these things, get at me.

squiggly

squiggly

Actually now that I'm checking out their website--these are really well priced storage solutions they've got going here. I expected some outlandish cost like $200 or something.

The connoisseur combo 2 at 2.5L storage space is priced at $85. Super reasonable for what appear to be high quality, well sealed, solutions.

Also I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how nice it is that they have a compartment for the pack to be stored in. It got annoying constantly having to dig the pack out of the bottom of a jar to make sure it wasn't dried out.

I'm pretty sure I'm sold, just deciding which option I want to go with now.

For the humidipaks (smaller versions) and bovedas, use eBay--they are available in bulk quite cheaply, and they store well if you've got anything that is airtight.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Actually now that I'm checking out their website--these are really well priced storage solutions they've got going here. I expected some outlandish cost like $200 or something.

The connoisseur combo 2 at 2.5L storage space is priced at $85. Super reasonable for what appear to be high quality, well sealed, solutions.

Also I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how nice it is that they have a compartment for the pack to be stored in. It got annoying constantly having to dig the pack out of the bottom of a jar to make sure it wasn't dried out.

I'm pretty sure I'm sold, just deciding which option I want to go with now.

For the humidipaks (smaller versions) and bovedas, use eBay--they are available in bulk quite cheaply, and they store well if you've got anything that is airtight.

I have bought some of the Mega Vaults THEY KICK ASS !!!! I also bought some smaller units, they all work great, only thing is I'm running 3 60Gram large packs in the top of every Mega Vault..:greedy:

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I also bought the Connoisseur package 4 It bring the mega 17 lt and the 6 lt and also the 4 lt they look sweet I was seeing some of the reviews on YouTube and their all thumbs up some say you can harvest trim and throw buds in Cvault wet with great results they owner of Cvault told me DON'T do it I will be very upset with my product so I dried first just stored it yesterday going to let it cure for 6 weeks all containers full ill let everyone know in 6 weeks

Top Bottom