Bodhi The Fuzz And Clusterfunk, Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush, Kos El Jefe Thai

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, y'all. I know I said I wasn't going to do another full-on grow log, but I'm still not working and have nothing but time.... It seemed kinda silly of me to be like,"Pssshhhh.... Grow logs are too much work..." So here we are.

Since I've been growing nothing but Bodhi the last few runs, I decided to mix it up this round and throw in a couple stains from different seed companies. The Tangerine Kush seeds were freebies and I've been curious about them since I received them. The only strains I've smoked from them before are their Starkiller (LOVED that one) and their Ghost Train Haze (wasn't impressed with that one at all). I like tangerines and I like (some) Kushes, so hopefully I'll dig this hybrid. Here's the description from Rare Dankness:

"Dank Tangerine flavor and smell on this beautiful hybrid. Get that sweet, fruity tangerine flavor on the inhale and that kushy/spicy experience on the exhale. She gives a great soaring high, with exceptional flavor. She is a little stretchy, medium yielder, with denser structure red haired buds. One of the BEST tasting OG’s around." I've read online that this one has it all, with the exception of a relatively short-lived high. Guess I'll find out if that's true or not.

The KOS El Jefe Thai is a strain I bought a while back, maybe two years ago. It's one that I've been itching to get at since I got them in the mail, but I wanted to make sure I kind of knew what I was doing before I popped them, just because they're not around anymore and if they turn out as well as I think they will, I wanna be able to keep them around. In case y'all don't know, KOS (Kingdom Organic Seeds) is that dude The Rev from "Skunk Magazine." Yeah, I read "Skunk" mag occasionally, so what? Haha! I like that mag and The Rev, for the most part, although I do think that a lot of his methods are a little, uh.... I dunno. Overly-complicated? His soil mix is a little redundant for sure and his teas are a joke, but I really enjoy his enthusiasm and it seems like he truly believes in his hybrids, genuinely cares about cannabis and the growing community at-large and isn't out to make a quick buck. He's the reason I got into organic growing in the first place, so I'm not gonna talk shit about him.

Anyway, here's his description of the El Jefe Thai: "As I understand it the original Durban Thai Highflyer (DTHF) was made using the Thai as the male, so the Durban resin qualities should be at least fairly pronounced in this hybrid. Durban Poison is one of my favorite sativas ever – and she is 'ancient' enough I believe to dominate this cross for the greater part with the Thai. All the colors of the Thai and the Durban Poison were expressed by the DTHF f2 mother of this hybrid so extremely good chances these offspring El Jefe Thai (or perhaps half of them) will have very purple calyxes and/or pink/purple pistils; very pretty!

The mother smelled strongly of lemons and blonde hashish, and the intense acrid smells of the father Bubble n Squeak should really pronounce these exotic sativa flavors and smells as well. A big, gooey, and large yielding sativa dominant with notable South African and South East Asian expressions should be the ticket here; plus I'm thinking purple purple purple, but maybe not – great odds though IMHO. Should be ultra soaring, very motivational and inspiring.

Flowering times should be around 10 weeks, but I can’t be completely sure where that one will end up. The mommy and daddy both were very happy and healthy in my garden, and I chose the Bubble n Squeak pheno that I thought looked more capable outdoors as the paternal breeder. So the structures of these plants should be quite sturdy and large. Hopefully the small stretching trait will be dominant, and it should be as it came from the male and it is a structural element; great odds.
Genetics: Durban Thai Highflyer F2 (Purple Thai Pheno) SOG Bubble n Squeak F1"

Sounds like a good cross to me.

I don't think we even need to get into why I'm growing the Bodhi gear. I've loved everything I've grown from him so far. I did grow one of his Clusterfunks about a year ago, but I lost it in a drying mishap and never got to sample it, so I'm pretty excited about this one. These are the original Clusterfunk seeds (91 Chem JB x 88G13HP), btw, and not the newer ones. The difference between the older ones and the newer ones are that the female used in the original was the Chemdog 91 JB, as opposed to the real 91 Chem. As far as I can tell from what I've found online, the Chem JB is more Sour Diesel-ish, while the 91 Chem is just that: 91 Chem. Whatever... I remember really liking the way the one CF I grew out last year turned out, as far as appearances, smell and yield are concerned, so I expect this one to be no different. Watch, now it'll turn out completely different haha!

The Fuzz is also from Bodhi, using the same 91 Chem JB mother as the Clusterfunk crossed with High and Lonesome's Appalachia male. Everything I've grown from Bodhi that utilized the Appalachia male has turned out fire and yielded really well, so I hope this one does, too. I don't know what I was thinking growing two strains with the same genetics, though. I had shitty germination rates this time (totally my fault; I let the soil dry out way too much when I sowed the seeds and only got 50% germ rates, so The Fuzz seeds were planted eight days after the other strains), but I typically like to keep everything different, with different parents on both the female and male sides of the hybrids in any given grow. In any event, it should be cool to see how the Clusterfunk and The Fuzz's compare to each other, since Bodhi used the same female for each strain but different males. There's a pretty good grow log on icmag of The Fuzz that was posted by Kalyx, in case y'all just can't wait to see how my log turns out and have to know RIGHT NOW haha.

All of the seeds besides The Fuzz were sown on February 25 and all were above ground March 1. On March 4, I planted The Fuzz seeds and all were above ground by March 9. I say,"All." What I meant was all of the ones that actually popped were above ground by then. Like I said, I fucked up and let the soil dry out way too much, so I only got 50% germ rates on all of them except the Fuzz seeds, which were 100%. It was just really, really dry in LA around that time and the soil was drying out completely between the time I went to bed and the time I woke up.

Here's a pic of them a couple weeks into it:

Bodhi the fuzz and clusterfunk rare dankness tangerine kush kos el jefe thai

I gotta say, the El Jefe Thais were the most bizarre-looking seedlings I've ever seen. They didn't even really look like cannabis until about their third or fourth set of leaves. Here's a close-up of one of them:

Bodhi the fuzz and clusterfunk rare dankness tangerine kush kos el jefe thai 2

When they first started out, I was thinking,"The Rev is a fucking HACK! I can't believe I fell for his tricks!" haha, but they look great now. In fact, one of them is my favorite plant in the garden.

Alright, so this post is getting a little long. I'm gonna come back in a minute with pics of every plant (I know that's all y'all care about), right after I seal up my grow room and smoke a bowl and a cigarette. In the meantime, enjoy this pic of Bodhi's Mountain Temple from my last grow that I'm gonna blaze right now!

Bodhi the fuzz and clusterfunk rare dankness tangerine kush kos el jefe thai 3

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, so one of the Clusterfunks showed male really, really early. Like on day 24 or something. I wish I would've taken pictures of that one. I don't know if y'all have seen symbiote420's 88G13HP thread here at the farm or not, but I was just looking at it the other day, to maybe get a little bit of an idea of things I might want to look for in the Clusterfunks, and the first male Clusterfunk looked exactly like one of his G13HP's. It's on page 2 of the thread, post #32, in case anybody's curious. Mine looked EXACTLY like the one furthest to the right in his pic. Straight up, straight down, virtually no side-branching whatsoever. If I'd known that I was gonna do a grow log at the time, I would've taken pics of it. But I did put it outside (like I do all of my males) and let it grow for a week or so, got to be about a foot tall and it was pretty beautiful.

Anyway, so that made 11 plants. Another Clusterfunk showed male about a ten days ago, which leaves me with one Clusterfunk. Which means out of six Clusterfunk seeds that I've popped over the course of two grows, I've only gotten two females. Bummer. Plus side, all of the other plants appear to be female, so ten females total. Not bad.

I'm looking at my notes right now. On Tuesday, March 21 all of the plants were watered with aloe and coconut water, followed the next morning before the light turned off with a fulvic foliar. Tuesday, March 28 I transplanted them into half-gallon containers with OG Biowar's Nute Pack (I'm fucking broke and have run out of the Biowar Foliar and Root pack, but I'm gonna scrounge up some money and buy those before I transplant into their final containers), topped all of them except the Fuzzes, top-dressed with 1 teaspoon of fish meal and 1 teaspoon of neem meal, covered that with EWC and mulched. The next day, Wednesday March 29, all of the plants were watered with an ACT (1 cup Bu's Blend, 1/2 cup EWC and 1/3 cup molasses brewed for thirty hours in four gallons of water).

Like clockwork, around day 28, most of the plants were exhibiting micronute deficiencies and were foliared with TM7 on April 3. That fixed them right up, always does. It's so weird, I don't know why my plants always show micronute deficiencies around the 30 day mark, but one application of TM7 always straightens it out. Anyway, the next night, April 4, all of the plants were watered with coconut, aloe and potassium silicate and all of the Fuzzes were topped. Then last night, April 13, I watered all of them with potassium silicate, aloe and a kelp/alfalfa meal tea. I LOVE those alfalfa meal teas, they really do seem to benefit the plants a ton. In between all of that, it's just been straight water, obviously.

Anyway, here are the pics. First is the last remaining Clusterfunk:

Clusterfunk 4

Clusterfunk 4 top

And here are The Fuzzes, #1, #2 and #4:

Fuzz 1

Fuzz 1 top

Fuzz 2

Fuzz 2 top

Fuzz 4

Fuzz 4 top

El Jefe Thai #2, #3 and #4:

Jefe 2

Jefe 2 top

I LOVE the way the #2 is looking, with those narrow Sativa-looking leaves and all. That one is the aforementioned "favorite plant in the garden."

Jefe 3

Jefe 3 top

#4:

Jefe 4 again

Jefe 4

Jefe 4 top

The #4 Jefe Thai looks really... I dunno. Kind of sinister haha. It's got these really, really dark leaves that're easily the widest of the three Jefes. And they're kind of "crinkly", too. Pretty cool-looking, I think. I'm assuming that that one is leaning more to the Bubble 'n' Squeak side of the equation.

Tangerine Kush #1, #4 and #5:

Tangerine Kush 1

Tangerine Kush 1 top

Tangerine Kush 4

Tangerine Kush 4 top

Tangerine Kush 5

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

One last "top" shot of the Tangerine Kush #5:

Tangerine Kush 5 top

And the garden this morning:

Garden day 49

So.... There's one little problem, if you wanna call it that. My girlfriend just bought us a house (it is fucking SWEET, too; we've got a pool!). Anybody who knows anything about house-buying (I don't know anything about it haha) knows that it's a fucking long-ass process. All of my plants are ready to be up-potted and I'd ordinarily be getting ready to flower these out in about ten, maybe fourteen days. Obviously, I don't want to be moving a bunch of plants from house to house when they're like four feet tall, post-stretch, mid-flower etc etc. So I'm gonna have to keep these in veg for about four or five more weeks before we can finally move in. I'm probably gonna still transplant them in about a week, just because some of them are already telling me they want a bigger pot, but I guess I'm maybe just gonna top the shit out of them and try to keep them shorter until I can get them in their new home. So this log is going to take a while, I guess is what I'm saying hahaha!!! But what else is new, right? Typical fucking mintiger log.... I guess the plus-side is that these things are going to fucking monsters by the time they're all finished and ready to be chopped.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, @incogneato you said you wanted me to tag you in my next log, so there you go. Hope all's good with you. What's going on with your grow? I haven't been getting any updates.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Here's a few pics of the other Clusterfunk male, too. Just for shits and giggles. It's totally different than the other Clusterfunk male I tossed. Like, the exact opposite. Very branchy, more squat and compact and not reaching for the sky like the other. Check out the baby praying mantis on the leaf on the right in the first picture. Pretty cool. I've been letting it make a little home there ever since I noticed it a couple days ago.

IMG 3015

IMG 3016

Minitiger

Minitiger

Awesome man!! That Thai is def intriguing. Subbed. Congrats on the sugar mamma:p:)

Haha, yeah, sugar mama's are a good thing. One of us has to be making some money, right?

The El Jefes sound pretty good, don't they? I'm pretty stoked about them. The only info I could find about them online was one guy who said that all of his hermed about week five in flower. I'm always skeptical when people say they've got plants that have hermed. Or rather, I always just assume that it was the grower's fault and not the breeder, although I know it can oftentimes be the breeder's fault. I'll definitely be vigilant in check them for male flowers once I flip for sure.

There was another El Jefe grow I found online, too, but it was using the El Jefe crossed with something else, can't remember offhand the name of the strain, although it was also a KOS hybrid. They looked really good and PURPLE. I don't really care about purple strains or anything, but it does always look pretty cool. I won't be disappointed if mine turn out all purple-y.

Glad to have you along for the ride. It's gonna be a long one haha.

incogneato

incogneato

One last "top" shot of the Tangerine Kush #5:

View attachment 691078

And the garden this morning:

View attachment 691079

So.... There's one little problem, if you wanna call it that. My girlfriend just bought us a house (it is fucking SWEET, too; we've got a pool!). Anybody who knows anything about house-buying (I don't know anything about it haha) knows that it's a fucking long-ass process. All of my plants are ready to be up-potted and I'd ordinarily be getting ready to flower these out in about ten, maybe fourteen days. Obviously, I don't want to be moving a bunch of plants from house to house when they're like four feet tall, post-stretch, mid-flower etc etc. So I'm gonna have to keep these in veg for about four or five more weeks before we can finally move in. I'm probably gonna still transplant them in about a week, just because some of them are already telling me they want a bigger pot, but I guess I'm maybe just gonna top the shit out of them and try to keep them shorter until I can get them in their new home. So this log is going to take a while, I guess is what I'm saying hahaha!!! But what else is new, right? Typical fucking mintiger log.... I guess the plus-side is that these things are going to fucking monsters by the time they're all finished and ready to be chopped.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, @incogneato you said you wanted me to tag you in my next log, so there you go. Hope all's good with you. What's going on with your grow? I haven't been getting any updates.
Hey brotha! Glad you tagged me in, I'm good. I'm planning on updating my log tonight. I had a small herm issue from my ph pen going bad on me but I'm starting week 10 today. Its looking like the starfighter x longbottom leaf crosses and the spliffs strawberry are gonna be my keepers right now.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hey brotha! Glad you tagged me in, I'm good. I'm planning on updating my log tonight. I had a small herm issue from my ph pen going bad on me but I'm starting week 10 today. Its looking like the starfighter x longbottom leaf crosses and the spliffs strawberry are gonna be my keepers right now.

Right on. I'll take a look in a sec.

pH pen, huh? Don't even think I own one of those.... Gosh, I love growing organic!

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Right on. I'll take a look in a sec.

pH pen, huh? Don't even think I own one of those.... Gosh, I love growing organic!
I have a few organic soil clones going in my next run to try it out. I'm seriously considering switching over for awhile. Can't beat the simplicity of it. And they're easier to keep happy than my coco clones.

Minitiger

Minitiger

IMG 3020

Hoowee..... They getting bushy.

So things are progressing nicely. Transplanted all of the plants into three gallon smart pots a couple weeks ago. Topdressed with a little gypsum, fish bone meal and kelp when I up-potted, along with a tablespoon per pot of OG Biowar's Foliar and Roots pack directly beneath the rootball and half a tablespoon of neem meal on top, too. I know I say this every time, every grow log, but OG Biowar is the SHIT. I had a little fungus gnat problem that got way out of control. The plants started showing serious damage, leaves getting all splotchy and gnarly-looking, crispy and gross. Soaked the soil once with Biowar Foliar pack; two days later I transplanted into the three gallon pots and added the OG Biowar Foliar and Roots pack underneath the rootball and already noticed a significant decrease in the fungus gnat population. Then I drenched again with the Roots and Foliar packs three nights ago. Watered last night with just straight water and didn't see a single gnat. They're gone. Completely gone. I dunno what the fuck is in OG Biowar (I mean, kind of I do know what's in it) but whatever it is, it works. Plants look crazy-healthy, no gnats, no nothin' except for vigorous, healthy growth. I love OG Biowar.

Anyway.... I'm super-impressed with the Tangerine Kushes. I mean, all of the plants look real good, but the Tangerines are just beasting out and they STINK like tangerines. I can smell them over everything else. The reviews I've read about the Tangerine Kush are very accurate, in that they really do smell exactly like tangerines, down to the bitter sensation one gets from the skin. It's uncanny. I can't fucking wait to flower these out.

Moving into the new house in 17 days. So these plants will have been vegged for almost 90 days before they start flowering. Should be fun. I doubt I'll have room for everything, but I'll make it work. Ordinarily, I'd probably remove a few plants and just go with like six or so, but since this is probably gonna be my last grow for a while, I'm just gonna overdo everything and see what happens.

Sooooo...... Yeah. That's that. Things are looking great. We'll see what happens. But I'm expecting good things once, always.

incogneato

incogneato

Looking good brotha. Good to hear from you. Looking good in there. I'm gonna have to grab some biowar and root pack. Been hearing great things about them. That tangerine kush has my mouth watering lol! Good luck with the move, I know it can be a pain. Can't wait to see these flowered out.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Looking good brotha. Good to hear from you. Looking good in there. I'm gonna have to grab some biowar and root pack. Been hearing great things about them. That tangerine kush has my mouth watering lol! Good luck with the move, I know it can be a pain. Can't wait to see these flowered out.

Dude, I really can't emphasize enough how much you should get the OG Biowar. I'm still not working (going to an interview in like twenty minutes; I don't expect to get hired, nor do I really want to haha), been spending my time lately going,"Okay, what is it that I really WANT to do?" thinking that all I want to do is work in a field that I truly believe in and can actually get enthusiastic about, without faking it. Is OG Biwar hiring? Seriously, man, this is something I can get behind. It is the SHIT. I would totally be willing to work for OG Biowar haha!!!

Get it. Use it. Enjoy watching how beneficial it is.

How's your grow going? I'll check in when I get back from this interview, but I haven't noticed any updates.

incogneato

incogneato

Dude, I really can't emphasize enough how much you should get the OG Biowar. I'm still not working (going to an interview in like twenty minutes; I don't expect to get hired, nor do I really want to haha), been spending my time lately going,"Okay, what is it that I really WANT to do?" thinking that all I want to do is work in a field that I truly believe in and can actually get enthusiastic about, without faking it. Is OG Biwar hiring? Seriously, man, this is something I can get behind. It is the SHIT. I would totally be willing to work for OG Biowar haha!!!

Get it. Use it. Enjoy watching how beneficial it is.

How's your grow going? I'll check in when I get back from this interview, but I haven't noticed any updates.
Good luck not getting the job? Lol. I hope you find what you're looking for. I harvested and I'm on the process of trimming/curing this week. I had my share of lessons this grow but overall I'm happy with my first run.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Good luck not getting the job? Lol. I hope you find what you're looking for. I harvested and I'm on the process of trimming/curing this week. I had my share of lessons this grow but overall I'm happy with my first run.

Haha!!! Yeah, exactly. "Good luck not getting the job" is the right way to put it. I don't want this job, but I'll take it if they hire me (they won't, if for no other reason than I'm going in there with a "I don't want this job" attitude. Which means they'll probably hire me haha....).

Did you post the pre and post-chop pics? I haven't gotten any updates. What's going on with your organic plants? How they looking? Post some pics here if you want. Lawd knows I need some pics in this log. I'm just vegging, vegging, vegging.... I'm so ready to get these bitches flowered out.

incogneato

incogneato

Haha!!! Yeah, exactly. "Good luck not getting the job" is the right way to put it. I don't want this job, but I'll take it if they hire me (they won't, if for no other reason than I'm going in there with a "I don't want this job" attitude. Which means they'll probably hire me haha....).

Did you post the pre and post-chop pics? I haven't gotten any updates. What's going on with your organic plants? How they looking? Post some pics here if you want. Lawd knows I need some pics in this log. I'm just vegging, vegging, vegging.... I'm so ready to get these bitches flowered out.
Technically they're all "organic" but bottled organic nutes. I'll grab some shots and post em up. And you're right, theybprob will give you the job because you don't give a fuck lol

Minitiger

Minitiger

Technically they're all "organic" but bottled organic nutes. I'll grab some shots and post em up. And you're right, theybprob will give you the job because you don't give a fuck lol

Dude, for real, I couldn't have gone in there with more of an "I don't give a fuck" attitude if I tried. I answered their phone while I was waiting to talk to somebody haha. We'll see.

Anyway, what I meant by your "organic plants" was the ones that you had in actual organic soil. Didn't you mention that you had a few off to the side that you were growing natural and organic? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

incogneato

incogneato

Dude, for real, I couldn't have gone in there with more of an "I don't give a fuck" attitude if I tried. I answered their phone while I was waiting to talk to somebody haha. We'll see.

Anyway, what I meant by your "organic plants" was the ones that you had in actual organic soil. Didn't you mention that you had a few off to the side that you were growing natural and organic? Or am I remembering incorrectly?
Haha, they saw you answer the phone and were like " hes a go getter, i like it" only because you dont give a shit. I forgot to finish that thought, happens a lot haha. Yea I have 6 clones from my first run in organic soil. I liked them so much that I decided the whole next run will be in soil. Its jut way easier for me to deal with them than coco right now. Not to mention they are always happy. I took a break from trimming to enjoy my family but I'll get back in there and snap a few pics later on.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Haha, they saw you answer the phone and were like " hes a go getter, i like it" only because you dont give a shit. I forgot to finish that thought, happens a lot haha. Yea I have 6 clones from my first run in organic soil. I liked them so much that I decided the whole next run will be in soil. Its jut way easier for me to deal with them than coco right now. Not to mention they are always happy. I took a break from trimming to enjoy my family but I'll get back in there and snap a few pics later on.

Nice! Organic soil really is so much easier than any other way. And better quality, too. I was at a party the other night and some dude was standing on the front porch smoking a j. It smelled gnarly (in a bad way) and I was like,"What the fuck is that?" and he goes,"All organic," and I was like,"No no no. Nah, dude, THIS is organic...." haha. Needless to say, he was impressed. Gave my friend who's birthday party it was a fat sack for her gift and she was awfully impressed, too.

Organic....

incogneato

incogneato

Nice! Organic soil really is so much easier than any other way. And better quality, too. I was at a party the other night and some dude was standing on the front porch smoking a j. It smelled gnarly (in a bad way) and I was like,"What the fuck is that?" and he goes,"All organic," and I was like,"No no no. Nah, dude, THIS is organic...." haha. Needless to say, he was impressed. Gave my friend who's birthday party it was a fat sack for her gift and she was awfully impressed, too.

Organic....
Yea I can't wait to make the move. I'm using nectarbfor the gods line which is organic bottled nutes. I know its not omri certified, but its not "salts" so far everything has been super smooth and flavorful so I can only imagine what I can so in soil. I'm no expert but I've had a few buds that I could tell were salt fed. Strong as fuck but harsh as can be. At the same time I know there's people that kill it with salts. To each their own

Top Bottom