Bodhi The Fuzz And Clusterfunk, Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush, Kos El Jefe Thai

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Looking good bro, glad you got settled in ok. I think your ac might be low on refridgerant. You got a few nice ladies left can't wait to see how they turn out.

What's going on, dude? I think you're definitely right about the AC thing having something to do with the refridgerant, but I don't know if it's low. How do you check that? I was looking at it today and there's a pipe leading from the refrigerant evaporater to the ceiling. I've noticed that when the AC stops blowing cold air, that pipe is icy. Turn off the AC for a few minutes and it thaws out and is all good again. It really only happens in the morning, when it's like 80 out instead of afternoon/early evening when it's 100+ haha. So it may not be low on refrigerant, but I think it does have something to do with it. Good call. I don't know shit about AC's haha.

I've been away from the farm for a minute, how's your grow going? I'll check out your thread in a second.

incogneato

incogneato

What's going on, dude? I think you're definitely right about the AC thing having something to do with the refridgerant, but I don't know if it's low. How do you check that? I was looking at it today and there's a pipe leading from the refrigerant evaporater to the ceiling. I've noticed that when the AC stops blowing cold air, that pipe is icy. Turn off the AC for a few minutes and it thaws out and is all good again. It really only happens in the morning, when it's like 80 out instead of afternoon/early evening when it's 100+ haha. So it may not be low on refrigerant, but I think it does have something to do with it. Good call. I don't know shit about AC's haha.

I've been away from the farm for a minute, how's your grow going? I'll check out your thread in a second.
I'm super limited on what I know about ac. It may be the condenser but check this link out. http://georgebrazilhvac.com/blog/why-is-my-air-conditioner-refrigerant-line-covered-in-ice
My grow is going good, I haven't really been keeping up on my log though lol. I'll get some updates this week sometime. I've been pretty busy myself, plus I have all that bud from my first run to enjoy lol.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm super limited on what I know about ac. It may be the condenser but check this link out. http://georgebrazilhvac.com/blog/why-is-my-air-conditioner-refrigerant-line-covered-in-ice
My grow is going good, I haven't really been keeping up on my log though lol. I'll get some updates this week sometime. I've been pretty busy myself, plus I have all that bud from my first run to enjoy lol.

Dude, your log is so friggin' long that I can't even tell where the first run ends and the next one begins haha! Last time I looked at it, I think it was like 45 pages. I looked at it earlier today and was like,"Wait, now that shit is 65 pages?!?" haha. I'll take a better look at it in a little bit, still dealing with the plumbers, plus they had to get a different plumber in here to install my RO unit cuz the ones doing the drainage line didn't feel comfortable drilling a hole in my countertop. So I've been having to deal with the new plumber, too. I can install the RO unit myself, I just need the hole drilled but nobody wants to do it. Been like a three week thing. Super-annoying.

How'd you like that Longbottom leaf hybrid you grew? Heard nothing but good things about Longbottom leaf, never tried it myself.

Thanks for that link, btw.

incogneato

incogneato

65 pages and 10 are grow related lol! What kind of counter? If its granite you're better of having a granite guy cut the hole for you. The starfighter x longbottom leaf was my favorite out of the first run. I had 3 phenos, 2 stood out. #3 was my favorite
Screenshot 2017 06 16 22 36 59
I have 3 more phenos in the next run along with 2 DJs gold, 5 hyperglues, and a few keepers from the first round. I have to cull a few of the cuts that I didn't deem worthy this week.

Minitiger

Minitiger

65 pages and 10 are grow related lol! What kind of counter? If its granite you're better of having a granite guy cut the hole for you. The starfighter x longbottom leaf was my favorite out of the first run. I had 3 phenos, 2 stood out. #3 was my favorite
View attachment 710886 I have 3 more phenos in the next run along with 2 DJs gold, 5 hyperglues, and a few keepers from the first round. I have to cull a few of the cuts that I didn't deem worthy this week.

Dude, for real, I wanted to read through every post, but I'll admit that I did finally start scrooollllllllling through, just because it is a super-chatty log haha. Chatty's good, though. Reading through it, though, I noticed that you're still using coco. I thought you were gonna make the switch to full-on organic. And don't worry, that's the last time I'll encourage you to do so haha.

That lil nug pic you posted looks real good, though. Mota has Longbottom Leaf seeds for sale, I'm kicking myself that I don't have the funds to grab them.

incogneato

incogneato

Dude, for real, I wanted to read through every post, but I'll admit that I did finally start scrooollllllllling through, just because it is a super-chatty log haha. Chatty's good, though. Reading through it, though, I noticed that you're still using coco. I thought you were gonna make the switch to full-on organic. And don't worry, that's the last time I'll encourage you to do so haha.

That lil nug pic you posted looks real good, though. Mota has Longbottom Leaf seeds for sale, I'm kicking myself that I don't have the funds to grab them.
Yea I found some but it's not a good time for me either. This run is both, I have most of mine in coco but there are some soil ones in there. The next round of cuts will all be in ffof. I like coco but I want to see what soil is about. I'm doing teas every now and then but mostly just water.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yea I found some but it's not a good time for me either. This run is both, I have most of mine in coco but there are some soil ones in there. The next round of cuts will all be in ffof. I like coco but I want to see what soil is about. I'm doing teas every now and then but mostly just water.

Did you already buy the Ocean Forest? If you haven't yet, I'd encourage you to just make your own dirt. It MIGHT be a little more expensive up front, I don't know how much Fox Farm soil costs, but I don't think it would be that much more expensive to just make your own. Plus, you can recycle your dirt for many, many runs. I don't know if you can recycle Fox Farm for more than a run or two, not sure. You can get a big-ass thing of peat moss for like $20 at Home Depot. Then get some quality EWC (one 7.5 gallon bag of Agrowin EWC costs me like $15 at the landscaping place I get mine from; Agrowin EWC has a pretty decent amount of minerals in it, too). And then a big bag of pumice, which is like $12 or something. The amendments are where things can start to add up, but I made about seventy or eighty gallons of soil and still had quite a bit of the peat left over, along with enough of the amendments left over to re-amend my soil every other grow for like three years.

I've heard tell about people getting bags of Fox Farm that has spider mites and other critters in it. But I've also seen grows that look real good using Fox Farm products, so..... Who knows? I just like making my own soil; it's fun haha (yeah, I'm a dork like that). But I also like knowing exactly WHAT is in my dirt and at what ratios. And I'm not kidding, it's sooooo much easier growing full-on organic. I haven't bought anything soil-related in like a year-and-a-half. And I won't have to buy anything to reammend my soil for probably four more grows. Even when I do buy what I need, it only costs about thirty bucks and then I don't have to buy anything again for another three years. I've had a two pound bag of barley seed and a one pound bag of organic corn that I use for my sprouted seed teas for like two years and I've barely made a dent in them. I think those cost about eighteen bucks total. I've had a thing of freeze-dried coconut that I barely ever use, but that didn't cost much more than twelve bucks. I use aloe every now and then, not often, but an ounce of that from BAS costs like twelve bucks. And I don't even think aloe's necessary, but I use it sometimes just because I have it.

The point is: grow organic haha. It's so much easier and so much cheaper. And there's no guessing, really. I mean, sometimes you have to guess and sometimes you might have some sort of lockout or something, but they're easily correctable issues. I mean, dude, for real, I dunno what the fuck I'm doing, but everybody who's ever smoke my weed always says,"This is the best shit I've ever smoked." I'm not bragging. I think it's just that the majority of people have never smoke truly organic weed and once they do, they notice it, even if they don't realize it's 100% organic. There's just a difference that's very noticeable. Maybe not in the strength department, but just in the overall character of the bud.

And THAT is the last time I'll encourage you to go all-organic. I really, really truly promise that that's the last time haha.

incogneato

incogneato

Did you already buy the Ocean Forest? If you haven't yet, I'd encourage you to just make your own dirt. It MIGHT be a little more expensive up front, I don't know how much Fox Farm soil costs, but I don't think it would be that much more expensive to just make your own. Plus, you can recycle your dirt for many, many runs. I don't know if you can recycle Fox Farm for more than a run or two, not sure. You can get a big-ass thing of peat moss for like $20 at Home Depot. Then get some quality EWC (one 7.5 gallon bag of Agrowin EWC costs me like $15 at the landscaping place I get mine from; Agrowin EWC has a pretty decent amount of minerals in it, too). And then a big bag of pumice, which is like $12 or something. The amendments are where things can start to add up, but I made about seventy or eighty gallons of soil and still had quite a bit of the peat left over, along with enough of the amendments left over to re-amend my soil every other grow for like three years.

I've heard tell about people getting bags of Fox Farm that has spider mites and other critters in it. But I've also seen grows that look real good using Fox Farm products, so..... Who knows? I just like making my own soil; it's fun haha (yeah, I'm a dork like that). But I also like knowing exactly WHAT is in my dirt and at what ratios. And I'm not kidding, it's sooooo much easier growing full-on organic. I haven't bought anything soil-related in like a year-and-a-half. And I won't have to buy anything to reammend my soil for probably four more grows. Even when I do buy what I need, it only costs about thirty bucks and then I don't have to buy anything again for another three years. I've had a two pound bag of barley seed and a one pound bag of organic corn that I use for my sprouted seed teas for like two years and I've barely made a dent in them. I think those cost about eighteen bucks total. I've had a thing of freeze-dried coconut that I barely ever use, but that didn't cost much more than twelve bucks. I use aloe every now and then, not often, but an ounce of that from BAS costs like twelve bucks. And I don't even think aloe's necessary, but I use it sometimes just because I have it.

The point is: grow organic haha. It's so much easier and so much cheaper. And there's no guessing, really. I mean, sometimes you have to guess and sometimes you might have some sort of lockout or something, but they're easily correctable issues. I mean, dude, for real, I dunno what the fuck I'm doing, but everybody who's ever smoke my weed always says,"This is the best shit I've ever smoked." I'm not bragging. I think it's just that the majority of people have never smoke truly organic weed and once they do, they notice it, even if they don't realize it's 100% organic. There's just a difference that's very noticeable. Maybe not in the strength department, but just in the overall character of the bud.

And THAT is the last time I'll encourage you to go all-organic. I really, really truly promise that that's the last time haha.
I won't get bulldog going again but technically I'm organic now, but its bottled. I have the fox farms already but I'd do plan on making my own soil the next run. I figured it's better to crawl than walk first haha. I love how easy the soil girls are right now, but I like the speed of coco. I have ewc that I use to make teas every now and then. Now I know who to bug to learn how to make the sprout/barley teas. I don't mind the nudge toward organic soil, that was always my first choice, I needed up in coco by accident originally. I'm not a cash cropper so I'd rather have the quality over quantity.

Minitiger

Minitiger

The gigantic flamingo raft in our pool is starting to freak me out haha.

IMG 3130
IMG 3131
IMG 3132

I feel like it's going to crawl out of the pool and peck me to death any second now haha....

That's all. Nothing really new to report on the grow front, except that things are stacking nicely. I feel like there's some sort of N deficiency going on (although in a separate thread that I posted a couple days ago, somebody speculated that it's an N lockout, rather than an N deficiency). In any event, I top-dressed with a little bit of fish meal, anywhere between a half teaspoon and a teaspoon and a half, depends on the severity of the condition that each plant is exhibiting. Then I watered with an ACT, which I ordinarily wouldn't do this late into flower. Usually I'll give them one ACT early in veg and then another at the very beginning flower, but I skipped the "beginning of flower" ACT this time, so I did it yesterday, which is what? About three and a half weeks into flower? Something like that.

We'll see what happens.

And since grow logs are boring as shit, I snapped a few quick garden pics today, right after I took those Killer Flamingo Raft pics, just so I could post something that y'all might actually be interested in.

Canopy:

IMG 3133

Nug shot:

IMG 3137

IMG 3138

IMG 3140

Minitiger

Minitiger

I won't get bulldog going again but technically I'm organic now, but its bottled. I have the fox farms already but I'd do plan on making my own soil the next run. I figured it's better to crawl than walk first haha. I love how easy the soil girls are right now, but I like the speed of coco. I have ewc that I use to make teas every now and then. Now I know who to bug to learn how to make the sprout/barley teas. I don't mind the nudge toward organic soil, that was always my first choice, I needed up in coco by accident originally. I'm not a cash cropper so I'd rather have the quality over quantity.

Exactly. If you're not a cash cropper, then there really isn't reason to not go full-on organic. Does it maybe take a little longer for plants to finish? Yeah, maybe. Are the yields a little less than they would be if you grow in coco or hydroponically? Yeah, probably. But the difference is just so fucking noticeable. I haven't smoked anything other than the weed I've grown myself for at least the last two or three years, with a few exceptions here and there. My plumber brought over a nug for me when he was checking out the situation at my house a couple weeks ago. I won't lie, it smells fucking TASTY (he didn't know what strain it was, but I'm certain it was some sort of Diesel hybrid; didn't look like Sour Diesel, but it smelled super-fuel-y and delicious, it's definitely some sort of Diesel strain). I smoked a bowl of it a few days ago and I dunno.... there was just something that was, uh, lacking, I guess. For lack of a better word. It was damn good and strong as fuck, it actually made me have to get in bed and take a nap. But the ash was all black and the smoke kinda "pinched" my lungs.

I dunno. I just like the weed I grow better than everybody else's weed haha! I guess that's my point.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Btw, @incogneato how much do those bottles of Fox Farm nutes run ya? I'm just curious, simply because I've never looked into it. And yes, absolutely "bug" me if you have any questions about sprouted seed teas or anything else. Ask away. I don't know shit, really, but I do know what's been working for me. I figure if it works for me, it'll probably work for most everybody else, too.

incogneato

incogneato

Btw, @incogneato how much do those bottles of Fox Farm nutes run ya? I'm just curious, simply because I've never looked into it. And yes, absolutely "bug" me if you have any questions about sprouted seed teas or anything else. Ask away. I don't know shit, really, but I do know what's been working for me. I figure if it works for me, it'll probably work for most everybody else, too.
I'm using Nectar for the Gods nutes. They're around $15-$20 a quart. They sent me 6 quarts and 2 small bottles for the cost of shipping ($28) to get me started.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm using Nectar for the Gods nutes. They're around $15-$20 a quart. They sent me 6 quarts and 2 small bottles for the cost of shipping ($28) to get me started.

Okay. I just briefly glanced at their website and read through the back labels of most of their products. I wonder how they preserve their products. I noticed that one of their bottles said it was preserved in an EWC tea (or something like that). It's my understanding that an ACT (which in my mind is an EWC tea, compost tea, whatever) needs to be used pretty quickly, like within four hours (I've read that you can wait up to 24 hours, although I myself would never wait that long). I wonder how they keep their products from going anaerobic.

Like I've said many, many times, I don't know shit haha. And I gotta say, my plants are not looking so hot right now, so if that Nectar of The Gods is working for you, keep at it. Whatever I'm doing right now isn't working. I think it's an N lockout caused by the bottled water that I used for a couple of weeks while I waited to get my RO filter installed, so hopefully shit'll get straightened out after a few more waterings with my RO. But man, those fan leaves are dying off real quick, way too early along in flower for that to be happening. I was just in there today, watering and checking shit out and I pulled off about twenty big-ass fan leaves. Ain't no good. I usually can't pull the fan leaves off until about three weeks before harvest. I've got at least six weeks to go and really probably closer to seven weeks. I hope that I can even get these girls to the finish line at this point.

Just kidding. Those bitches are gonna make it! Haha!

incogneato

incogneato

Okay. I just briefly glanced at their website and read through the back labels of most of their products. I wonder how they preserve their products. I noticed that one of their bottles said it was preserved in an EWC tea (or something like that). It's my understanding that an ACT (which in my mind is an EWC tea, compost tea, whatever) needs to be used pretty quickly, like within four hours (I've read that you can wait up to 24 hours, although I myself would never wait that long). I wonder how they keep their products from going anaerobic.

Like I've said many, many times, I don't know shit haha. And I gotta say, my plants are not looking so hot right now, so if that Nectar of The Gods is working for you, keep at it. Whatever I'm doing right now isn't working. I think it's an N lockout caused by the bottled water that I used for a couple of weeks while I waited to get my RO filter installed, so hopefully shit'll get straightened out after a few more waterings with my RO. But man, those fan leaves are dying off real quick, way too early along in flower for that to be happening. I was just in there today, watering and checking shit out and I pulled off about twenty big-ass fan leaves. Ain't no good. I usually can't pull the fan leaves off until about three weeks before harvest. I've got at least six weeks to go and really probably closer to seven weeks. I hope that I can even get these girls to the finish line at this point.

Just kidding. Those bitches are gonna make it! Haha!
I've read how they stabilize their products but honestly forgot. The plants love it though. I will say that my first run came out super tasty and smooth. I can't wait to compare the soil runs with the coco run. I have no doubt that you will reign those girls in and finish strong bro.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've read how they stabilize their products but honestly forgot. The plants love it though. I will say that my first run came out super tasty and smooth. I can't wait to compare the soil runs with the coco run. I have no doubt that you will reign those girls in and finish strong bro.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what you think about the difference between your soil girls and the ones in coco. I'm not saying that coco or any other non-organic (to use that phrase loosely) is "bad," I'm just saying (for the 80 billionth time haha) that full-on organic is just easier. There's really not a whole lot of thought to put into it, once your soil's all mixed up and ready to go. As long as your water source is consistent, there really is nothing to it. As I'm learning right now, change your water source and you might get fucked. But this is the first issue I've ever had. Shit, man, you've seen my grows, they were easy as fuck.

But whatever. I just blew off a job interview today, been swimming in my pool all morning/afternoon, my brain might be a little sun-baked, I dunno if I'm making sense right now. That Goji I blazed a little bit ago probably isn't helping much, either haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

been using ocean forest off/on for ever since it came out(20 years?) with great results.Never seen or contracted any bugs from it,guess i'm lucky

Yeah, for sure. Like I said, we've all seen plenty of stellar grows using Fox Farm dirt and products. Whatever works for you.

Nice screen name and avatar, btw. The Rock's role in "Be Cool" forever made me a fan. He was fucking hilarious in that movie. He was real good in that last SNL episode he hosted, too. Very underrated. I think he's an under-appreciated comedic genius, to be honest.

incogneato

incogneato

been using ocean forest off/on for ever since it came out(20 years?) with great results.Never seen or contracted any bugs from it,guess i'm lucky
I think the soil gets contaminated at the store level not so much coming from fox farms. My hydro store stores their soil outdoors, some people don't like that. I haven't had an issue with it yet either.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, so we're about, what, a month into flower now? I think it's been almost exactly one month today. The plants are really filling in now, but they're still looking like shit. Whatever the issue is, whether it's an N deficiency or lockout or something else altogether, I think that that's making the plants finish up a little quicker than they would under optimal conditions. I saw a few orange hairs here and there on the Clusterfunk, which is about a 60 day strain, normally, so maybe that's not too unusual. But all of the plants look like they're chugging along pretty good.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but I switched to an 11:45 on/12:15 off light schedule on June 22. Gonna switch to 11.5/12.5 here in about ten days. Also watered with a little aloe and coconut water two days ago. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath on things getting straightened out, I just hope the yields don't suffer too much. All of the plants are shedding fan leaves at an alarming rate, yellowing up, not looking so hot.

Anyway, here's the Clusterfunk. I watered her right after I took this photo, which perked her up a bit, but still.... Ugh.... Not one of the best jobs I've ever done:

IMG 3143

IMG 3144

IMG 3145

IMG 3146
IMG 3148

Actually, looking at the pictures all blown up on my computer, maybe the plants won't finish up quicker than usual. But I think the yields are definitely gonna suffer.

Here's the Fuzz #4:

IMG 3153

See how weird the yellowing is? It's happening like that on all of the plants. Rather than starting from the bottom up, it's starting from the top town on a couple of them and then on others, it's just in weird, random spots. I can't figure it out.

IMG 3155

IMG 3156

IMG 3158

Here's the Fuzz #1. This one didn't stretch quite as much as the #4 and it's also looking like it's gonna yield less. It's also looking really, really rough. This has definitely not been my funnest grow.

IMG 3161

IMG 3162

She's frosty, though.

IMG 3164

Tangerine Kush:

IMG 3166

IMG 3171

Kinda hard to get good close-ups of her because I don't like to put the bottoms of my feet in my tent.

And the El Jefe Thai:

IMG 3175

IMG 3181

IMG 3176

The El Jefe Thai smells really, really good. It's almost more of a sensation than a smell. Like cold air entering your lungs. Kind of like Eucalyptus, but not as strong. Kind of like spearmint, but not so minty. I like it. I do hope the smells get a little more pronounced on all of these plants. I'm sure they will. Still got five or six weeks left to go, hopefully.

incogneato

incogneato

Keep in mind I'm new to growing but they look hungry and N deficient. Possible lockout? Have you flushed with some tea? All that said, they still look frosty and dank brotha!

Top Bottom