Votes: 21 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Sometimes, but not always.

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I do not know how well it would work. I have used similar for damp areas in my house , didn't see much of a difference.

With that said for grow rooms no matter how many i ever grew,
i always had low RH in the beginning weeks so i always used a Walmart mist type Humidifier.

And it worked great, once i got around second week of veg it was no longer needed as plants respiration equalized everything so had 60- 65 RH lights on and 70 - 80 off perfect for veg

When it came to flower, i never worried about RH until last 2 weeks where i would just place a dehumidifier in room to maintain 50 - 60 RH
People worry to much over RH when they should be worrying about having lots of air movement around plants leafs

At the End of the day people got to stop worrying about band aid fixes .
Buy the right tool or do not even bother ..

growers will spend a shit load on garbage for there grow rooms, over time

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I do not know how well it would work. I have used similar for damp areas in my house , didn't see much of a difference.

i always had low RH in the beginning weeks so i always used a Walmart mist type Humidifier.

And it worked great, once i got around second week of veg it was no longer needed as plants respiration equalized everything so had 60- 65 RH lights on and 70 - 80 off perfect for veg

When it came to flower, i never worried about RH until last 2 weeks where i would just place a dehumidifier in room to maintain 50 - 60 RH
People worry to much over RH when they should be worrying about having lots of air movement around plants leafs

these packs are for curing your meds u put them in the jars after drying to keep the humi where they want it for a nice long cure with the packs u can leave your meds in a jar for as long as the pack stays soft when its hard toss it out and put a new one in and boom good to go

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

This one just went way over your head, huh? lmao

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Why would i be upset using them ?? Seriously what ever works for your closet box is good right .
Yes i realize some people might not have the funds to purchase a dehumidifier or Humidifier so there stuck buying these products in hopes that it works .

So please tinderbutts pull up your panties and stop trying to start something

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Why would i be upset using them ?? Seriously what ever works for your closet box is good right .
Yes i realize some people might not have the funds to purchase a dehumidifier or Humidifier so there stuck buying these products in hopes that it works .

sry what is these products the packs are not for a grow room what so ever they are for putting in jars

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Has anyone seen that these are out now? I've got to get some ordered.
http://www.bovedainc.com/store/general/

Hopefully someone hasn't already covered this and I missed it.
No @Papa Indica you beat me to it. Just got an ad from Boveda on this. Mine are on the way. I found 62% worked but still a tad too moist. So I would take out the days stash and let em sit a hour or 2 to dry out before smoking or vapin them.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

No @Papa Indica you beat me to it. Just got an ad from Boveda on this. Mine are on the way. I found 62% worked but still a tad too moist. So I would take out the days stash and let em sit a hour or 2 to dry out before smoking or vapin them.
Yeah, I would let mine sit in the jar for a while, then take them out for a while, and back and forth. lol Hopefully the 58's will be a lot better but, I've also found that they kinda mess up the flavor too though if they stay in all the time. Hopefully/maybe the 58's will be better that way too?

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

No @jumpincactus this shit.

Absolutely, completely missing what we're talking about, these are packs that go into jars for curing weed. Nothing to do with the grow room.

Reminds me of a plaque I saw as a kid that's always stuck with me, "Too many people enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." lmfao

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No @jumpincactus this shit.

Absolutely, completely missing what we're talking about, these are packs that go into jars for curing weed. Nothing to do with the grow room.

Reminds me of a plaque I saw as a kid that's always stuck with me, "Too many people enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." lmfao
Ahhhh I see said the blind man. Was tryn to figure out what I did to piss you off. :( Thx for the clarification.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, I would let mine sit in the jar for a while, then take them out for a while, and back and forth. lol Hopefully the 58's will be a lot better but, I've also found that they kinda mess up the flavor too though if they stay in all the time. Hopefully/maybe the 58's will be better that way too?
You know @Papa Indica I'm glad you mentioned that. Meaning they mess up the flavor. Maybe some others will chime in on this. I had an argument last year with a dude here and cannot remember who, and the basis of my complaint was that I felt the Boveda packs were taking on the terpene profiles and not allowing them to pass thru the membrane back into my nugs. My theory is since the pack is a type of hybrid RO membrane and the packets are touted as being a 2 way system which means that if there is excess moisture in the bud it passes to the boveda pack and if there isnt enough moisture in the jar it allows the moisture in the pack to pass back to the buds keeping it all at a constant 62% Rh. Well I have noticed that over time all my terps seem to get absorbed into the packet. So when I open the jar the nugz themselves sometimes seem weak in aroma and if you sniff the boveda pack it is awful strong with the terps from the buds.

Ive been meaning to contact Boveda about this. Have you Papa or anyone else noticed this. I tried a side by side and the jars without any packets reek to high hell.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

i use the 62 for storage. ive had 8 of the bigger packs going back and forth from the cvaults to a ziplock kept in a cvault when not in use for over 2 years and they are still good. if you can get your bud dried close to 62%, ive had them left unopened for up to 6 months. they are ment for maintaining humidity not for "curing". also to mention, ive had 62% moisture put in a cvault without a boveta and left unopened for a couple months and it only lost a couple points to 60%

i think the 62s work best in a higher humidity climate because were always trying to keep it from drying out. where the 58s will work better in a higher humidity climate because of always wanting to keep it from getting too wet.(so ive read)

agree with Jumpin that at 62 you have to let it sit out to dry a bit.
google, boveda terpene study pdf
and this about terpenes.
Screenshot 20161013 213002

Last edited:
jammie

jammie

i use the 62% then seal my jars with a "pump n seal". 9-12 months later the smoke is as potent and a lot smoother than the day it was sealed. i do have to leave the jar open for 12 or so hours so the 'erb is dry enough to roll into joints. i'm thinking of going with the 58% pack after next grow to solve this issue.

Top Bottom