Votes: 21 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Sometimes, but not always.

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

The ones cvault sends with them are 62. I use them as well and I fucking love it. I'll definitely keep the 62 for curing in the vaults, I think they hit the nail on the head for that. But I'm curious to see how the 58s do with storage. I just feel the 62s are a touch to wet to smoke right out of the jar.
I agree, 62% is a bit too wet, I'm tempted to get some 58's to try but, not so sure I want them in with my weed, think the jury is still out on that one. I probably will get some at some point but, it's not high on my list of priorities right now, money's tight these days.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Well, the jury is now in and I have to add that I'm a little pissed too. The last Jack I grew never saw a Boveda and it was pungent right through to the bottom of the jar, these last two, for some stupid reason, I threw Bovedas into. The first couple days or so they still smelled real strong, then I go to open my jars and realize my Jacks have lost most of their smell. I don't know what's up with you guys saying there's nothing going on there but, for my own purposes I see proof positive that these things are affecting terpenes and they won't see the inside of any of my jars again, if I need to bring the moisture back a little I'll use a piece of orange peel or something and make sure I get my weed dry enough to be close up in a jar before it is, (which I generally try to do anyway, lol).
For me, when it comes to weed, fuck Boveda.

H

hawkman

Well, the jury is now in and I have to add that I'm a little pissed too. The last Jack I grew never saw a Boveda and it was pungent right through to the bottom of the jar, these last two, for some stupid reason, I threw Bovedas into. The first couple days or so they still smelled real strong, then I go to open my jars and realize my Jacks have lost most of their smell. I don't know what's up with you guys saying there's nothing going on there but, for my own purposes I see proof positive that these things are affecting terpenes and they won't see the inside of any of my jars again, if I need to bring the moisture back a little I'll use a piece of orange peel or something and make sure I get my weed dry enough to be close up in a jar before it is, (which I generally try to do anyway, lol).
Thanks for your post - the jury is out - Don't use Boveda packs !!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thanks for your post - the jury is out - Don't use Boveda packs !!

Ive mulled over the idea of using boveda packs for added simplicity and convenience.

Growing for myself only I don't yield large #'s. So I am not overwhelmed with the curing process. Last harvest I had 4.6oz so I only used (9) 32oz mason jars.

Basically to pay for an item that is unnecessary. Just raises growing costs.

I can easily open my jars manually multiple times a day and keep production costs low.

In theory the product sounds great. And I'm sure commercial growers will utilize them to reduce labor costs.
But I personally have no use for them.

Even long term storage doesn't require them as long as they were cured to the proper % before sealing and storing away.

H

hawkman

Ive mulled over the idea of using boveda packs for added simplicity and convenience.

Growing for myself only I don't yield large #'s. So I am not overwhelmed with the curing process. Last harvest I had 4.6oz so I only used (9) 32oz mason jars.

Basically to pay for an item that is unnecessary. Just raises growing costs.

I can easily open my jars manually multiple times a day and keep production costs low.

In theory the product sounds great. And I'm sure commercial growers will utilize them to reduce labor costs.
But I personally have no use for them.

Even long term storage doesn't require them as long as they were cured to the proper % before sealing and storing away.
they (boveda pack) do work in keeping product at a specific RH (62%, ect) but with the cost is lose of taste and smell hence terpene's and essential oils So one has to balance the use of ; if any

C

curtisloew

So, I gotta say there are a lot of problems with this data. To start off, your variable is reported to have 20% more moisture content than your control. And your comparison numbers should reflect that. For instance, in the top set instead of 3, 41, 33, and 8 it should be -17, 21, 13, and -12 for an average of a 1.25% increase in retained terpenes using the boveda 62s. But you other study is inconsistent with a 13.25% increase. So you don't have enough data in the first place to make a conclusion, and your data is conflicting. Lastly, the data seems almost fabricated with 2 repitions with exactly the same moisture levels(to the hundrethds) across 3 treatments.

Anyways I'm thinking of switching to the 58s because the 62s weren't quite dry enough out right out of the jar.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My results with the 62's have been positive (some stored since june 2017)..If anything,,smells are louder but different (more "tangy")..potency is still just as before too..Strains in storage = Acapulco Gold, Big Easy OG, Gorilla Wreck#4, GDP and others....

I am in the Nevada desert with very low RH..Dispensary weed was always dried out (used lettuce then..LOL), and I don't like smoking dry weed..
I will order a few 58s shortly just to see..
I do let ground weed sit for a few hrs for convention vaping though to dry it a bit..

Enforcer

Enforcer

Agreed, I had the same experience with them as well. I will not be using them again either.

incogneato

incogneato

I havent had them pull the smell out of my buds yet but i try to minimize contact with my buds like @GrowGod said. I tuck them into the bottom of the jar and put a small paper on top sometimes. I will say long term storage will give a slight "pickle" smell to the buds. I have a question on my 62's. My rh is super low in my storage room, do i need to "charge" my bovedas somehow? They feel crispy inside and the buds are drying out. I was thinking of putting them on the counter when i take a shower to allow them to soak up rh.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I havent had them pull the smell out of my buds yet but i try to minimize contact with my buds like @GrowGod said. I tuck them into the bottom of the jar and put a small paper on top sometimes. I will say long term storage will give a slight "pickle" smell to the buds. I have a question on my 62's. My rh is super low in my storage room, do i need to "charge" my bovedas somehow? They feel crispy inside and the buds are drying out. I was thinking of putting them on the counter when i take a shower to allow them to soak up rh.
Once the packs crystallize they can go in the trash. Unfortunately because I was surprised how expensive they were.

Top Bottom