Breeding with a male that hermies

• Thread starter justblazen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So the only explanation is this plant is was very hardy and Minimal triggers for triggering intra sexuality trait in new growth!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I've grown a mutant that was half female half male twin branches from beginning one branch male all the way and one branch female all the way up but not both at the same time on same nug or branch soooooo hermaphrodism that we hate or avoid is both on same nug n suggesting a new term or doesn't need to be defined but observed three things it turned into there are infertile female and males and plants can be intra sexual without creating seeds either on itself or only other females. First time I've shared this so I'm sure there are plenty of bugs to have fun with.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Talk about a can of worms huh my bad side effects get me sometimes I say stuff when I'm blazed , thinking out loud and shit

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I have read on other forums that DJ short mentions males with these traits could be jewels. Again this is all from internet research, so it might not be accurate. I'm gonna try it out on one plant and flower out the offspring to see if our gut instincts are correct.
I went to a class yesterday with him and he mentioned this briefly but didnt elaborate. It was with strains of yesteryear I believe things can be bred out just takes time and correct enviro

symbiote420

symbiote420

DJ Short talks briefly about the reverse "hermie" male theory in his book Breeding Exceptional Cannabis. Says the males produce mostly female crops with a noticeable increase in potency.

Now here's some Cannabis 101 ...MJ doesn't hermie!

Plants are either dioecious or monoecious. Di - meaning species of plants with separate male and female individuals. Mono - aka "true hermies" are species of plants with separate male and female flowers on the same plant. Cannabis is a dioecious plant ....there's a suborder called polygamo dioecious (plants that have some male or female flowers present on the same flower, these plants will never show seperate male and female flowers on the same plant) ....Cannabis plants have one goal in their life, and it's not providing us the best smoke, it's to produce seeds!! Polygamo dioecious plants may even be their own species.

The Sinsemilla Technique is one of the greatest stresses a grower can put on his plants, she wants to seed so bad she fakes it!

We do more harm than good sometimes don't we!

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Danks for posting that Symbiote! Ive been reading bits and pieces of that book online. Im going to put this theory to test since i have males that dont have female pistils.im going to flower out offspring from both and document if any differences in potency, sex, etc. Occurs...

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Hi Fellow farmers,
I just wanted to get some input from you all. I have been reading that some males will shoot out female pistils, and that many breeders use these males to breed. I heard the female offspring can be quite potent
and males of this nature can be considered keepers. Any input would be appreciated. I am looking to hear from people who have done this, and have seen the results from the offspring that was created. Was the offspring prone to hermie as well?? thanks in advance

I used a male Deep Chunk, that sported a few pistils (early in flower), to outcross to a bunch of strains with...from what I saw the herm tendencies were neither greater nor lesser than if I had used a standard male. It did not guard against hermies in the progeny (as per DJ Short's claims) and it did not induce a plethora of herms in the offspring either.

Deep Chunk Male
DeepChunkDaddy

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

DJ Short talks briefly about the reverse "hermie" male theory in his book Breeding Exceptional Cannabis. Says the males produce mostly female crops with a noticeable increase in potency.

Now here's some Cannabis 101 ...MJ doesn't hermie!

Plants are either dioecious or monoecious. Di - meaning species of plants with separate male and female individuals. Mono - aka "true hermies" are species of plants with separate male and female flowers on the same plant. Cannabis is a dioecious plant ....there's a suborder called polygamo dioecious (plants that have some male or female flowers present on the same flower, these plants will never show seperate male and female flowers on the same plant) ....Cannabis plants have one goal in their life, and it's not providing us the best smoke, it's to produce seeds!! Polygamo dioecious plants may even be their own species.

The Sinsemilla Technique is one of the greatest stresses a grower can put on his plants, she wants to seed so bad she fakes it!

We do more harm than good sometimes don't we!
Thank for the knowledge symbiote.... You ever grow an infertile female that didn't seed in a room of hermies or monoecious plants. That is is the sensi I'm looking for again

symbiote420

symbiote420

Thank for the knowledge symbiote.... You ever grow an infertile female that didn't seed in a room of hermies or monoecious plants. That is is the sensi I'm looking for again

I had two OGR White S1 that I pollinated with a Funkberry and Agent Orange male on separately marked lower branches, one produced seeds the other didn't pop not one, nothing, nada ....and I hit her with a tad more pollen because she had whorled phyllotaxy (three or more branches at the node instead of two).

I'll add that I think the Bros Grimm cubing process isn't a good method of breeding either, I wouldn't bx a plant more than once myself, two is overkill!! I'm no breeder but I know a lil sumthin, sumthin!

I've been smoking longer than some of you guys have been alive LOL (not that that means too much!), I can say this, that thru those years I've smoked some good seedless meds but most of the best stuff I've ever smoked has always been from seeded up buds!

I never had access to ''top notch" genetics the way I have now, hell everything I grew came from bagseeds ....that's why I never trip when I find beans in my bag, I've found so many treasures!!! Truthfully I've had more herm issues from breeder packs (planned seeds) than bagseeds (accidental seeds) ....how is that when "breeders" put soooo much time and effort in choosing the right plants, and yadda, yadda?!!!
I have so much to say when it's about The Plant it's just so crammed up in my mind though!

symbiote420

symbiote420

Let it out bud let it out

LOL .....where should I start?

Two that roll off the top off the nuggen....
I've had plants that "hermed" my 1st grow with em, the 2nd or 3rd run nada! I've had plants that have thrown nanners from light leaks the 1st run experience them in a following run, again zilch! Positive acclimatization and adaptability at work!!

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
I used a male Deep Chunk, that sported a few pistils (early in flower), to outcross to a bunch of strains with...from what I saw the herm tendencies were neither greater nor lesser than if I had used a standard male. It did not guard against hermies in the progeny (as per DJ Short's claims) and it did not induce a plethora of herms in the offspring either.

Deep Chunk Male
View attachment 292519
Nice looking boy you got there bro. Did you notice any difference in regards to potency levels being greater??

homebrew420

homebrew420

Truly impossible to tell. I haven't grown out more than a handful of seeds producwd with males showing intersex traits. Tom hill and Chimera have some real information on this. Tom hill I believe has stated that males cant be selected with visual or aromatic ques with any confidence in passing trait to progeny. I would think then this trait too would/should?, not be any different. That being said, Motarebel stated he had seen this with a higher rate of male progeny. I too have anticdotally seen this as well. This was not however with all crosses from the same male. So in other words....do it. You will know for sure only after growing them out. Good luck.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Just to clarify hear, you want to take the cross-dressing male and breed it to a "standard" female; not pollinate the male that "hermied" with it's own pollen. If this was done you would create an all male litter just as you would when feminizing seeds. This could be good if you where trying to stabalize a trait within the male. hope this helps... Take it easy

Top Bottom