Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Cannabis Coconut Oil?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Recipes' started by nbboutique, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I have a bunch of trim I would like to work up into coconut oil - Is is ok to can this up for long term storage in pint jars and then store in a cool dark place?

frebo likes this.
  2. Dan789

Dan789

I regularly utilize coconut oil for caps, & for a salve. Are you saying for storage?
    PS my preferred method is the “magic butter maker”.

greencraft and goingtoguano like this.
  3. I use coconut oil for caps too. I decarb the weed first and then heat it in the oil and strain. I have never tried to do any storage except in the refrigerator/freezer but coconut oil is supposed to have antibacterial properties so it may be fine. We store the straight oil un-refridgerated and it doesn't go bad. I do know that canna-butter does go moldy even in the fridge after enough time though.

greencraft and frebo like this.
  4. Yes, for storage, i would like to make a bunch and can it up in jelly jars to keep it fresh, i am only adding a spoonfull to my coffee and with kids in the house(teenagers) i would rather not have a half gallon of the stuff available in the fridge :(

greencraft and frebo like this.
  5. I would recommend freezing it the canna coco oil after you figure out the dosing. It's easy to do and will last longer that way.

greencraft and goingtoguano like this.
  6. Grab a minifridge for your room

7. Dan789

Dan789

Dosing will be by chance, strength you started with, how much transfers, how well was it decarbonized, how much gets lost in freezing, etc... good luck though.

Mass Meds likes this.