View attachment 363356
Trellis 211
Trellis 3
View attachment 363359
Trellis 41
Trellis 5
Trellis 6
Trellis 7
i actually have a trellis idea similar to yours cap but its adjustable.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
thats a 4 light room so they are individual in a 6 light room i have them together in 2s. so only 1 pole and they are connected with a T so the trellis for 2 lights moves as 1

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just so you guys know they make a 4 way pvc fitting That will make your pvc projects much easier. I like flexpvc.com. @xX Kid Twist Xx killer idea on the movable screen.

Here is what I was trying to show you earlier @ftwendy ... so when I say that using clothesline ran back and forth is much easier at harvest, I speak from experience.

IMG 0804
IMG 0807
IMG 0808

There is no weaving. The plants want to grow up, and you just keep forcing them down under the screen and in whatever direction you want.

After 2-2.5 weeks of stretch I let them all grow up through the screen like this (this tangerine dream stretched a little more than she was supposed to but it will be fine). Then I go under the skirts and clean them up at the end of week 3.

IMG 0812

Here is another shot of the clothesline. I will take another pic in a couple weeks of this same bed. The best part fo this method is harvesting. You cut one side (where the line wraps the pipe), and pull the strings through, and then cut the base of the plant and pull it right out. It's fast and easy. With the metal screen I can't do this. You have to cut branches or cut out part of the screen, or both.

IMG 0811

IMG 0810
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Just so you guys know they make a 4 way pvc fitting That will make your pvc projects much easier. I like flexpvc.com. @xX Kid Twist Xx killer idea on the movable screen.

Here is what I was trying to show you earlier @ftwendy ... so when I say that using clothesline ran back and forth is much easier at harvest, I speak from experience.

View attachment 363397 View attachment 363398 View attachment 363399

There is no weaving. The plants want to grow up, and you just keep forcing them down under the screen and in whatever direction you want.

After 2-2.5 weeks of stretch I let them all grow up through the screen like this (this tangerine dream stretched a little more than she was supposed to but it will be fine). Then I go under the skirts and clean them up at the end of week 3.

View attachment 363402

Here is another shot of the clothesline. I will take another pic in a couple weeks of this same bed. The best part fo this method is harvesting. You cut one side (where the line wraps the pipe), and pull the strings through, and then cut the base of the plant and pull it right out. It's fast and easy. With the metal screen I can't do this. You have to cut branches or cut out part of the screen, or both.

View attachment 363401
Is that a 90 T fitting on the corners? Phucking impressively pimp man idk why its so overwhelming trying to wrap my head around working a screen i just have to do it on a light and see whats up n just get it over with!

ftwendy

ftwendy

That's super tight Cap -- and same to you KidTwist. Both of you have very well thought out solutions.

@Capulator why haven't you run another rope, perpendicular to the one you have woven? Seems like more support, more anchor points etc, exactly like the fence, and still the same ease of removal as what you have pictured. Yes?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
That's super tight Cap -- and same to you KidTwist. Both of you have very well thought out solutions.

@Capulator why haven't you run another rope, perpendicular to the one you have woven? Seems like more support, more anchor points etc, exactly like the fence, and still the same ease of removal as what you have pictured. Yes?

it's unecessary. you can tuck under or over both ways.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
@Capulator some of the homedepots or lowes would have a few 4 ways but it was never really in stock. and building quite a few of these trelis's it just worked out easier this way, but 4 ways was the first choice. the poles out now not so under the light and the pots can be moved easier so its been ok. can adjust it to any size and the trelis netting they sell at home depot can be used to screen it. wheather you need a 3x3 4x4 or 5x5 space under your light. this set up was all kens gdp and the guy has a 4 light room and wanted a 5x5 space under each light. we hit 7 lbs was his first run hes since cut them down to a closer 4x4 space. the poles are actually screwed down to the floors or wood blocks if on concrete threw a cap and washer.

B

Bangarang

I have always wondered about using rigid metal fence as a screen? Does the metal retain heat from the lights? If you foliar do the get rusty? I guess an easy fix would be to use the coated fence material?
The metal seems like the way to go because there is no way that the plant is going to lift it.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I have always wondered about using rigid metal fence as a screen? Does the metal retain heat from the lights? If you foliar do the get rusty? I guess an easy fix would be to use the coated fence material?
The metal seems like the way to go because there is no way that the plant is going to lift it.

The thicker the metal the more heat it will retain.

zeke

zeke

I use a similar trellis system. I use 1 inch PVC and a clear plastic fishing line material trellis. I use removable legs to adjust trellis height. I have one set of taller legs for set up. The taller legs move the trellis out of the way so I can position pots and drip lines. When the plants are in position I simple switch out the taller legs for the shorter legs to get the appropriate canopy height. Whatever you do, do not weave any branches. Just push them down under the trellis. If you weave you will hate it when you harvest.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I use a similar trellis system. I use 1 inch PVC and a clear plastic fishing line material trellis. I use removable legs to adjust trellis height. I have one set of taller legs for set up. The taller legs move the trellis out of the way so I can position pots and drip lines. When the plants are in position I simple switch out the taller legs for the shorter legs to get the appropriate canopy height. Whatever you do, do not weave any branches. Just push them down under the trellis. If you weave you will hate it when you harvest.
I disagree I weave and yield like a mofo.

zeke

zeke

I prefer to keep the growth tips under the trellis as the plants begin flowering. As they grow up, I flatten them back down. Constantly expanding the surface area occupied. Two to three weeks of that and I let the tops rise through the trellis. The stretch is usually sorted out with most strains by this time and the flowers finish up within a month or so six to eight inches above the trellis. I prefer to harvest plants alive and whole. If a plant is not woven throughout the trellis then it can easily be removed whole. Weaving works well for plant support. Whole plant removal is quite difficult without cutting the trellis. I use a couple of easily removable twist ties to support the plant. Still a pain to find and remove all the ties but less of a pain than unweaving or replacing the trellis. Most strains support themselves well enough once the colas are growing up through the trellis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom