Cap's SCROG discussion

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
@PaperStreet depends on the room and the lights but in any of the spots its not bigger then 4.5 x 4.5 feet. if you get the 8 inch xxxl hoods you can go with the 4.5 feet because that will cover a wider foot print. if you use the 6 inch hoods keep it closer to 4 feet. it all really depends on how you lay your hoods out. if you have say 6 lights 3 on each side use the 8 inch hoods and make the trellis 4.5 feet long and 4 feet wide.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

@PaperStreet depends on the room and the lights but in any of the spots its not bigger then 4.5 x 4.5 feet. if you get the 8 inch xxxl hoods you can go with the 4.5 feet because that will cover a wider foot print. if you use the 6 inch hoods keep it closer to 4 feet. it all really depends on how you lay your hoods out. if you have say 6 lights 3 on each side use the 8 inch hoods and make the trellis 4.5 feet long and 4 feet wide.
i think he means depth, or lollipopping the scrogged plant...

I do, i scrog and use the 1 1/2" square plastic nursery fencing from hardware stores (ace and such) like 20$ for a roll thats 2' x 25'. i use this as my initial bend/training screen until about week two, then i let all the stalks grow straight up from there on out, and 3 days later i throw a cheap plastic or nylon hortitrellis over it all to hold shit up once it packs on weight...
but i trim everything under the initial screen, cuts out all the larf, and makes it a lot easier to work in the space down under

stonestacker

stonestacker

i think he means depth, or lollipopping the scrogged plant...

I do, i scrog and use the 1 1/2" square plastic nursery fencing from hardware stores (ace and such) like 20$ for a roll thats 2' x 25'. i use this as my initial bend/training screen until about week two, then i let all the stalks grow straight up from there on out, and 3 days later i throw a cheap plastic or nylon hortitrellis over it all to hold shit up once it packs on weight...
but i trim everything under the initial screen, cuts out all the larf, and makes it a lot easier to work in the space down under

Pics please.

Thank you

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

more than happy to upkeep the current one i have started. here is where i start, with a decent looking cut

i veg her for about a week then top/FIM (like 6-8 nodes whatever)

then veg em in solos for about another 10 days or so then into 7" squares

keep training, bending, tying down, goal is just to make every growth spot a top cola

and then i TP from 7" into 3 gal nursery pots for the most of the rest of veg/training

and they'll stay trained and vegged like this until about two weeks before flip (this flip will be around the third week of june)

so in a week these will be TP'd into 7 gal smart pots, and i'll throw the screen on and start bending even more to make sure every square has a node or is as full as possible before day 10 of flower

if its more of a kush strain an not much of a stretcher i let them ride up from there on out. others like OGS and stuff i'll keep bending and staying low until day 15 or so, so that the last couple days of stretch allow the 1-2' of vertial growth so you have a canopy full of top qualtiy nugs with no larf. i'll keep this run updated

Last edited:
Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

little update, 2 weeks have gone by, my lazy ass still hasnt transplanted, but am going to this weekend. just going to log this gorilla glue only, even though i have plenty more im doing this with (its what i started with)

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

Damn been a month already! Here is the gorilla glue I've been keeping tabs on. Been in the 7gal smarties for two weeks or so, on day 3 flower now. Gonna be beast mode.
Ended up taking over half a light haha. The bubba and cookies are goin to be towered over this round if I mess up.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I am still hot on clothesline. For ease of take down nothing works better for me. if the canopy gets too dense to pull the plants out, you may cut the clothesline on one side of your trellis, and pull out the sections of string without doing any damage to plants.

Now, if you hang your plant whole this is the only way to go, but if you chop it up in to a bunch of pieces to throw on a rack or run it through a machine (or both), then I guess it would not matter if you had metal grid or little tiny plastic grid.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

I'm attempting a mix technique, one that incorporates @xX Kid Twist Xx 's idea of a movable scrog and yarn zig zagging back and forth. @Capulator, you mentioned that flexpvc is a good resource, I've ordered their 4 way pvc fittings as a substitution for the double T that kid twist uses, however, they come with stoppers inside that prevent the fitting from sliding down my pvc (which is what I intended). Do you or anyone else have any ideas on using 4 way pvc with kid twist's idea? I hate to return the 2 boxes of pvc fittings I bought :/

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You have to have a larger 4 way fittings than the pipe if you want it to slide up and down.

You do not necessarily need to move the trellis if you know how big your plants get. I would say flip the plants at 14" and set the trellis at 16" above the crown. Then, take notes and adjust as needed.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Thank you @Capulator for response. I've usually single scrog'd but am going to run a bunch of babies over the next couple of cycles I have no experience with... do you feel double scrog is beneficial or just too much work?

My thoughts were to cut the pvc pipes that are upright in half, so it can fit the 4 way 3/4 inch fittings, and just add 2nd level of pvc on top with diamond yarn zig zagging on top... but all this sounds like unecessary work esp when someone like you is saying just to do it that way.

Top Bottom