Chobbles 2000W Flower Room; Alien OG & Girl Scout Cookies

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

A lot more about my background can be found here in my other grow dairy.

I currently have 2000 Watts of HPS set up in a 7x10 room. I want to get a grow in while Im busy with school and then proceed to expand the room to 4000 watt, as I have the equipment to do so. Anyways, I want to grow my two chosen varieties side by side to dial them in and figure out where my yield is going to be at. This is going to be a pretty standard run to dail in my schedule and system, I will continue to experiment with new methods once everything is operating.

Equipment:
2 x 1000 Watt Bulbs
4x8 Flood Tray
36 Drip emitters
100 Gal Reservoir
8000 BTU AC
6" Intake Fan
8" Exaust Fan
Two Box Fans for lower canopy circulation
Two Oscillating fans for upper canopy circulation

Fertilizers:
These are my base feeds, they are well balanced and cheap. I like to add supplements to my mixes to make them fit my hard water since I have yet to install an RO machine.

JR Peters
Hydro FEed
16-7-17

Blossom Booster
10 - 30 - 20

The Room is just about finished but here are some pictures of the area under construction...

Chobbles 2000w flower room alien og  girl scout cookies

Chobbles 2000w flower room alien og  girl scout cookies 2

Anyways I will be updating with pictures of the rooting clones as they prepare for there journey :)

Chobble

Chobbles 2000w flower room alien og  girl scout cookies 3
Camdawg

Camdawg

Sub'd

We're on the same wavelengths bro im working on setting up about the same gonna be running jacks pro hydro cal nitrite and Epsom ala caps jacks back thread
How long till plants are in?

Chobble

Chobble

Sub'd

We're on the same wavelengths bro im working on setting up about the same gonna be running jacks pro hydro cal nitrite and Epsom ala caps jacks back thread
How long till plants are in?

Looking at about 5 days till I pot them up to 3G cloth pots and move them under the lights.

Chobble

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I'm setting up a 2k room right now too~!

We should all follow each other... lol or not, I know what i'm going to do though.

Cant wait to see what comes out of that room of yours.

Chobble

Chobble

I'm setting up a 2k room right now too~!

We should all follow each other... lol or not, I know what i'm going to do though.

Cant wait to see what comes out of that room of yours.

I've always watched your stuff Panda! From the first day you registered on the farm actually haha. I will for sure follow your thread! I would love to compare notes, what media are you using?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I am using the tom hill supersoil mix slightly adjusted to fit my geographical region, and supplementing with soluble nutrient salts. Hybrid organic and chemical.

So basically steam pasteurized fill dirt amended with bonemeal, gypsum, and composted manure. Thats like the foundation. Then I will slowly pump up the soluble chem nutes till I make them sick, then back off.

It will be easy mode to start with these. If the chemical ferts turn me over to the dark side, away from total organics, I will delve deeper into the rabbit hole.

Chobble

Chobble

I am using the tom hill supersoil mix slightly adjusted to fit my geographical region, and supplementing with soluble nutrient salts. Hybrid organic and chemical.

So basically steam pasteurized fill dirt amended with bonemeal, gypsum, and composted manure. Thats like the foundation. Then I will slowly pump up the soluble chem nutes till I make them sick, then back off.

It will be easy mode to start with these. If the chemical ferts turn me over to the dark side, away from total organics, I will delve deeper into the rabbit hole.

Thats pretty much where I'm at mate, I started working in the commercial and research world and all they use is salt based fertilizers. I like the pro mix mycorrhizae because my roots get nice and fuzzy when I grow with it, alive with biological growth. My media stays buffered even though Im constantly feeding and rarely flush. Im thinking about adding compost tea and an aerator to my reservoir to try and beef up my max EC.

Chobble

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Totally ordering caps products this run too.
I'm going to do a side by side research project each run after the first because I'm flipping between the lights each 12 hours. flip flop. 2 4x4x7 rooms each with 1k.

I want to do both rooms the same at first just to make certain the environment is right. Then when I feel used to the vibrations and nuances of the rooms, I will feel comfortable enough to do side by sides. Its cool because they will literally be side by side. Fit the whole of each room into 1 photo.

I can just post pictures and let results speak for themselves. No more biases for me, all about the research from here on out.

Chobble

Chobble

Getting everything prepped, Today I ran the Irrigation system ran tests to check the flow rate and set the timer up. I followed guidelines I have on growing for generative growth. I will be watering in the middle of the day in three broken up watering's. This will allow me to provide the plant with more nutes spread out throughout the day in the same amount of water. The water deficit also forces the plant to respond with more yield, growth etc.

Everythings in 16's (4 inch pots) so Im just going to finish potting them up in the room, its a little cramped so for the sake of not having to move in to much soil I pre-filled the pots. I would really rather do it all at the same time but oh well.

The soil mix is 50% Perlite 50% Peat moss. I added perlite to Promix HP Mycorrizhae and mixed er' up. I'm interested to see how this watering schedule works.

1103131741a

Above is the trellising I'll be using, I may use a double trellis I have sitting at the garden.

1103131742a

Above is something I picked up at the hydro store( I liked the first one so much I got another...). I like step controllers but they're made for 10000 Sq ft greenhouses not small grow rooms. Room controllers arn't as versitile either. Between these two devices I should be set ;) I liked the idle option. I want my fans to idle constantly even if cooling isnt needed. My intake fan is set to turn off completely at night. Im hoping this will balance my RH and temperature.

Controling the environment is very important to me.

Chobble

1103131734a
Chobble

Chobble

Well Today I worked in the room. It was the mid afternoon and the fans themselves kept the room at 80-82 Degrees F over 3 hours. Im going to have the lights come on at night, so the air will be much cooler and hopefully I won't have to use the air conditioner. In the 4th hour of room testing I did turn on the air conditioner and was able to achieve 72 degrees fairly quickly. So the Air Conditioner can be used, but I would rather save the power and keep as much fresh co2 in my room as possible.

1105132053b

Power control and wiring has been fully installed, All wires are clamped down and everything seems to be running perfectly. I have enough power supply for 12k watts being pipped to this room, I will hopefully expand it to 8K over the next few rounds.

1105132053a

My whiteboard for EC/pH tracking along with reminders and to do to help keep me on track when in the room. The paper is something I create for all my rooms with daily tasks, a weekly calander and a nute mixing cheat sheet to save me some math in a pinch.

Chobble

1105132054b
Camdawg

Camdawg

Looking legit wanna post a pdf of that checklist for everyone?

Chobble

Chobble

Well got everything potted up to 3G. The lights are on and everything is running great! One little problem, the RH is kind of high, but a timer glitch caused the whole res to empty at one time so I think it should balance out with the timed waterings throughout the lights being on.

I HATE PUTTING IN PLANTS OF THE DIFFERENT AGE. They're only a week and a half apart but its really obvious they're different ages. Im going to try to get them to the same size before flower. How I have a few ideas, whether they will work is the real question.

They where long ready to go in though...

1108131345a

1108131345b

Everything before I watered it in.

Anyways, Chobbles 2000 watts are finally running. So I'm hitting the drawing board in regards to adding another 2000 Watts on after this run. Gotta stay on top of things, time is money around here.

Chobble

1108131157a
Chobble

Chobble

I apologize for the pictures, I didnt get in soon enough to the lights turning on. This is the flower room as of 11.10. Things are a bit farther along. The GSC are showing some heat/light stress on new growth but seem to be adapting. It was mostly only on the taller ones, The light levels on my T5's are pretty low the bulbs are pretty old and Im about to replace them.

IMG 0199

IMG 0200

IMG 0201

As of tonight everything is looking like its getting established and started to grow more. Ill get more pictures later on, thought I may post an update with a few old pictures.

IMG 0202

Rocking a lower EC at the moment, I will bump it up tomorrow with a new res mix. Im not so worried about soil pH, I know its fine, So I havnt been doing 2:1 tests. I will definitely start as the plants get larger and I start upping there daily feedings.

Chobble

IMG 0203
Chobble

Chobble

Love the graph idea Chobble, going to have to adopt that method...

My board is a hybrid of what we use at my work, and yours haha. I gotta give you credit there leaf! It does allow more visual data tracking that makes things easier for you to better understand whats going on. Numbers are numbers but a visual representation always helps.

Chobble

Top Bottom