Chobbles 2000W Flower Room; Alien OG & Girl Scout Cookies

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Well heres some pictures from today, Day 3 of flower. Things are goin well with the GSC starting to stretch a bit. The alien og is definately reacting to the 12/12 too.

GSC

1202131956c

Alien OG
1202131956a

1202131956b

Chobble

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Wow chobbles those leaves are reaching for the sky bro. Looks great they are like give me more give me moreeee lol I also like your watering system you have setup for the fabric pots. How long do you keep your pump on while feeding?

Chobble

Chobble

Wow chobbles those leaves are reaching for the sky bro. Looks great they are like give me more give me moreeee lol I also like your watering system you have setup for the fabric pots. How long do you keep your pump on while feeding?

3 Minutes to achieve ~1.25L a pot, During veg I had that running 3 times a day. I may add another event in for the flowering as the plants are getting larger and may need more water. I got the cloth pots for a screaming deal, like 100 for 20$. Craigslist will save you lots of $.

Looking good Amigo! Also interested in your watering schedule now that youre in flower...

Still on 3 minute watering sessions, In reality I have about 9 minutes of watering time I can play with, I just moved the 3 events 2 hours from each other in the middle of the light period. So lights go on at 6, Water at 9 11 and 1 lights off again at 6.

Its hard applying the vegetative and generative growth principles to cannabis as it has a photoperiod rather then Tomatoes who you would give 18 hours of light to the plant the entire time. What I have done though is make sure the watering events come on to fully saturate the soil during the hottest part of the lights, as pure the rule of promoting generative growth you water later but also water earlier.

I want to definitely do side by sides with 9 watering events compared to 3 and even 1. See how growth is affected. I would imagine the plants with more watering events would be healthier.

Chobble

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

wow, nice gardening, those plants are really happy. can't wait to see the finish...

Chobble

Chobble

Are you planning on adding another level of trellis?

I was actually going to ask you what you thought haha. Im thinking that GSC is going to need it, but the Alien OG may not stretch enough to really need the second trellising.

In your experience is it a good idea? I think the extra support is good, but if I dont really need it why bother.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Been training the plants through the trellising, I'm not sure if my canopy at just under 4x4 is going to be large enough so Im definitely using the exterior of the square ect. Everything is growing really nicely, Flushing at 6.0 pH as of tonight.

GSC

1207130556a

Alien OG

1207130557a

Good Growin,
Chobble

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Im totally digging the setup, since your open to others thoughts well I got a couple cents to throw in there lol. But in one of your pics it looks like your light is too close to the canopy. I dont know if u have available room but I hear 16 inches from canopy is optimum for the plants. Your doing great with the netting but instead of adding another layer of netting just tie your plant that extends beyond your netting tie it down to the netting slowly but surely. You don't have to completely tie them down but a little helps.

Chobble

Chobble

Im totally digging the setup, since your open to others thoughts well I got a couple cents to throw in there lol. But in one of your pics it looks like your light is too close to the canopy. I dont know if u have available room but I hear 16 inches from canopy is optimum for the plants. Your doing great with the netting but instead of adding another layer of netting just tie your plant that extends beyond your netting tie it down to the netting slowly but surely. You don't have to completely tie them down but a little helps.

Distance from the light really depends on temperature, The room temperature is actually pretty low, hasnt gone over 60 degrees in the last week (We're at week one of flower now). So I moved the lights about a foot away from the plants and am letting them stretch towards the lights. I have wayyy to much air circulation so I think I can get the plants as close as 6 inches from the canopy.

Im also definitely using the trellising to its full ability, Ill post some pictures of the training up close.

Chobble

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

If you have too much air flow buy yourself a cheap on amazon motor dimmer switch for it. I had to to keep my temps up in the winter so I reduced the airflow. Oh ok I thought there was a certain distance per watt bulb for best coverage, and lumens on the plants. 100) watt 18? 600 watt 16 and 400 watt 12 I think I could be totally wrong ? That's it. I'm breaking out the marijuana bible !!!

Chobble

Chobble

If you have too much air flow buy yourself a cheap on amazon motor dimmer switch for it. I had to to keep my temps up in the winter so I reduced the airflow. Oh ok I thought there was a certain distance per watt bulb for best coverage, and lumens on the plants. 100) watt 18? 600 watt 16 and 400 watt 12 I think I could be totally wrong ? That's it. I'm breaking out the marijuana bible !!!

The problem is the bibles are wrong. Those strings are also measured at 12"

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I was actually going to ask you what you thought haha. Im thinking that GSC is going to need it, but the Alien OG may not stretch enough to really need the second trellising.

In your experience is it a good idea? I think the extra support is good, but if I dont really need it why bother.

Chobble
Hey Chobble, Sorry I left town for a few days...

I would consider adding another layer, they will stretch more and the buds will become top heavy. Tying them down will work but it's a pain.

Something new I did this round to incorporate another layer was remove (2) 1" sections from each corner of the existing trellis and added ' T 's with 10" pieces of PVC, this made (8) 10" posts which I used to hold one of those cheap fabric nets in place. Here's a quick sketch...
2 story trellis

Chobble

Chobble

Hey Chobble, Sorry I left town for a few days...

I would consider adding another layer, they will stretch more and the buds will become top heavy. Tying them down will work but it's a pain.

Something new I did this round to incorporate another layer was remove (2) 1" sections from each corner of the existing trellis and added ' T 's with 10" pieces of PVC, this made (8) 10" posts which I used to hold one of those cheap fabric nets in place. Here's a quick sketch...
View attachment 357768

This solves all of my problems and I am definitely using this. Thank you very much leaf! My biggest problem was the design on the second trellis and making it work well.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Week 1.5 Flower

Howdy Everyone,

I've been hard at work in the room every night getting that canopy to be balanced etc. I've been threading the branches through the trellising because I know the smaller/younger plants will not stretch as much as the older ones. The older ones already had six inches on the younger ones too, so this has made it an interesting experience.

This does allow me to compare the two veg times in 4 inch pots. 2 weeks vs 1 month. We'll see how the end yield numbers look, as Im worried about all the auxiliary branching on the lowering bud quality, or increasing the amount of work I have to do.

GSC:

1209132303c

Alien OG:
1209132303a

1209132303d

1209132304a

Chobble

1209132303b
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looking fantastic Chobble! You've really got it dialed in.

Top Bottom