Coco Path: 600w Hempy 4x4

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

EDIT: I originally chose GH 6/9 recipe, but changed to Veg+Bloom as it was even easier to measure out. Keep It Simple

Yo! It has been a while everyone. I took some time off from growing but my stash is running low so it's time to start up again!

I'm keeping this grow SIMPLE. No BS. No Magic Bud Sweller 3000x or Trichome Berserker 9000x. 3 years ago during my last grow(yes It's been that long) I remembered that I did an experiment
with an extra clone to try these "crazy" 6/9 and Coco hempy things i read about yet expected it to fail lmao that was dumb. Just 6ml of GH Micro/9 ml of GH Bloom every
day for that lady in a 2 maybe 2.5 gal janitor pale and what do you know? She preformed beyond expectation!
Coco path 600w hempy 4x4
Coco path 600w hempy 4x4 2

So I'm ditching all the useless crap I used to use and I'm sticking to the basics. I'm going COCO HEMPY with the 6/9 Nutrient Program. R/O water will be used as my tap water ranges from .6-.8EC

NURSERY:
4x2 Metal Rack(maybe a bit smaller)
(2)T8 on the top
(4)T5 on the bottom
Image2

4x4 TENT:
(1) 6" Blockbuster Hood
(1) Galaxy Select-a-watt 1000/600/400 digi balast
(1) 600w Ushio Opti-red HPS
(1) Active Air 400cfm inline fan
(1) Phresh Carbon filter
(2) 6" Clip Fans
Image1

Strains:
DNA Pure Afghan
Cali Connections Deadhead OG

Nutrients/Medium:
GH Micro
GH Bloom
Coconut Coir
Perlite

Just started germinating these seeds yesterday. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of how many females I will get so I just
did 5 of each. Hoping I'll get 4 females out of all, but if I only get one then I'll up the bucket size and try to grow a 4x4 tree
biggrin.gif

I'll be sure to keep posting as things progress.

justiceman

justiceman

I have considered possibly cutting the R/O in half with tap to save some water and bring the EC down to .3-.4(with .5 conversion factor that would bring it down to 150-200ppm) but I'm not certain if I will go that route.

The Hardwater GH Micro could be an option with pure tap but I'm unsure of the calcium content in my water as the last water report I got is a few years old. It did say 34ppm which is fairly low. I believe if I went the tap water route and the calcium content is still around the same measurement then I'd have to add a calcium supplement which would bring my base EC up to at least .7-.8EC(450-500ppm). If I used a cal/mag that would be an additional supplement to add which starts to defeat my simplistic approach. I wish my tap had some more Ca in it.

Thanks for the reply's you two! Making me pick my brain is always good.

justiceman

justiceman

While we wait for these seeds to pop up in the coco Here's little upgrade I got for the tent. I always hated putting together a trellis or thinking of different ways to support my plants. But this has got to be one of the easiest fixes I have found.

Secret Jardin Webit 120
Secret Jardin webit120

Secret Jardin webit1202

Also here's some eye candy from a previous run to enjoy while you wait.

Durban Poison
IMG 2312

IMG 2314

justiceman

justiceman

Alright this is officially day 1! First one to rise above the coco is this little Pure Afghan.

I moistened all the coco with half strength nutrient(3ml micro/4.5ml bloom per gal) phd to 5.8 to stabilize it. The seedlings will be watered with ph adjusted water for the first 7-12 days and then I'll start giving them half strength.

IMG 6628

justiceman

justiceman

Right on Wildill!

Alright things are going smoothly for the most part for being 3 days since the first one broke the surface! Just been giving them small squirts of R/O mixed with tap to .2EC phd to 5.8

One DeadHead seed did not make it though. Upon inspection it looked as if something had been eating the tap root. Another may meet the same fate but shows some promise in recovery.

I might have to go with a different coco brand next time instead if the Roots Organics Coco palms so just a heads up if anybody is looking into their coco! I also found out later that it has uncalcined lime mixed in(website)

Alright on to the photos

Here's a family picture 3 days after the first sprout! I actually have 6 Pure Afganhs(can't count) and I had 5 Dead Heads but one met an early demise.
IMG 6652

Here's the slow dead head. Just popped and is greening up a lot. We'll just see where this goes.
IMG 6656

Here's one of the Pure Afghans
IMG 6654

justiceman

justiceman

Alright it has been 1 week since the first bean broke the surface(the others took a couple more days).

So far so good. The first true leaves are getting bigger. I culled out 2 more seedlings that just weren't really growing much. Probably the effects of long storage time. Just been giving them small amounts of R/O mixed with tap water to .2EC Phd to 5.8. I'll start feeding them when they get more leaves!

Now for the pictures.

Family shot
IMG 6715

I think I precharged the coco a little hot on accident(gimme a break I'm rusty hahaha) It may have been .8EC when I actually intended to go .4EC but they are still doing alright.

IMG 6729

IMG 6727

IMG 6732

Little one :)
IMG 6731

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yo! It has been a while everyone. I took some time off from growing but my stash is running low so it's time to start up again!

I'm keeping this grow SIMPLE. No BS. No Magic Bud Sweller 3000x or Trichome Berserker 9000x. 3 years ago during my last grow(yes It's been that long) I remembered that I did an experiment
with an extra clone to try these "crazy" 6/9 and Coco hempy things i read about yet expected it to fail lmao that was dumb. Just 6ml of GH Micro/9 ml of GH Bloom every
day for that lady in a 2 maybe 2.5 gal janitor pale and what do you know? She preformed beyond expectation!
View attachment 648153 View attachment 648154

So I'm ditching all the useless crap I used to use and I'm sticking to the basics. I'm going COCO HEMPY with the 6/9 Nutrient Program. R/O water will be used as my tap water ranges from .6-.8EC

NURSERY:
4x2 Metal Rack(maybe a bit smaller)
(2)T8 on the top
(4)T5 on the bottom
View attachment 648155

4x4 TENT:
(1) 6" Blockbuster Hood
(1) Galaxy Select-a-watt 1000/600/400 digi balast
(1) 600w Ushio Opti-red HPS
(1) Active Air 400cfm inline fan
(1) Phresh Carbon filter
(2) 6" Clip Fans
View attachment 648156

Strains:
DNA Pure Afghan
Cali Connections Deadhead OG

Nutrients/Medium:
GH Micro
GH Bloom
Coconut Coir
Perlite

Just started germinating these seeds yesterday. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of how many females I will get so I just
did 5 of each. Hoping I'll get 4 females out of all, but if I only get one then I'll up the bucket size and try to grow a 4x4 tree
biggrin.gif

I'll be sure to keep posting as things progress.
Your using the head recipe??

justiceman

justiceman

I decided to make a 1:1 slurry of r/o water and the Roots Organics Coco Palms coir straight from the bag I just picked up last week at the store. After letting it soak for a couple hours I tested the conductivity within 7 minutes and that was .6EC(300ppm) then I tested it a couple hours later and it came out to .7EC(350ppm). I'm not impressed with those numbers at all. I've had some good results with their soilless mixes in the past however I won't be buying their pure coco again.

I've had better slurry readings from coco I flushed from a brick. I bought loose coco assuming I wouldn't have to flush it. I know Canna is good stuff. Feel free to chime in if anybody knows other loose coir options besides Canna that are reliably low in EC.

Also look what I found that floated to the top of the slurry only a couple minutes after i mixed it. I believe that's a springtail? I don't remember if those are bad or not but one of the reasons I got coco coir was for it to be bug free lol.
IMG 6775

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Right on Wildill!

Alright things are going smoothly for the most part for being 3 days since the first one broke the surface! Just been giving them small squirts of R/O mixed with tap to .2EC phd to 5.8

One DeadHead seed did not make it though. Upon inspection it looked as if something had been eating the tap root. Another may meet the same fate but shows some promise in recovery.

I might have to go with a different coco brand next time instead if the Roots Organics Coco palms so just a heads up if anybody is looking into their coco! I also found out later that it has uncalcined lime mixed in(website)

Alright on to the photos

Here's a family picture 3 days after the first sprout! I actually have 6 Pure Afganhs(can't count) and I had 5 Dead Heads but one met an early demise.
View attachment 649280

Here's the slow dead head. Just popped and is greening up a lot. We'll just see where this goes.
View attachment 649281

Here's one of the Pure Afghans
View attachment 649282
Sometimes the late bloomers turn out to be the bomb...

justiceman

justiceman

Right on guys! Ya i don't really like pulling em early like that, but they cotyledon's just did not want to open even though they popped the surface. It was odd. I think it's because all these seeds are 4+ years old so maybe some of them just didn't have it in them anymore.

incogneato

incogneato

Right on guys! Ya i don't really like pulling em early like that, but they cotyledon's just did not want to open even though they popped the surface. It was odd. I think it's because all these seeds are 4+ years old so maybe some of them just didn't have it in them anymore.
4 years isn't that old if they're stored properly. Not breaking your balls but if they pop, they should grow. Either way its your grow, looking forward to seeing what you got

justiceman

justiceman

Oh very interesting. No worries incogneato I'm always open to learning new things and I'm not too informed on how long seeds can last. I kept these at room temperature in a dark dry drawer. Can't wait for things to start rolling!

Latest posts

Top Bottom