gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Drama sucks and so do most people more nugs less pissy old men lol
20170130 172953

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
So are you saying mobile nutrients cannot be moved from older mature leaves to new ones? How is it a mobile nutrient then? Lol
Oh please don't argue with the crash test kid. He doesn't listen to anything, he just tries to find something to contradict in light of his own ignorance.

xenon730

xenon730

So old leaves can be likened to a store house for mobile nutes then no?
my point was referencing that that is one of the main arguments for defoliation.

i think scientifically it's somewhere between both your posts. i don't think they sit there holding nutrients but the plant cuts their supply and they then have results because of that. i think it's more like isolating muscles than burning fat.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
It doesn't work that way. Again, leaves dont have the ability to store nutrients. Once Photosynthesis occurs, osmosis immediately takes place to areas of the plant with lower osmotic pressure (sink cells). Leaves do have a high density of sugars, as the pressure is higher, but these sugars are in motion.

I find it easiest to think of the "green" part of the leaf (chloroplast) as a factory. As the factory runs, the supply trucks must continue to deliver the raw materials. If the supply trucks stop delivering the right parts, the factory can make what it needs and you get yellowing (chlorosis).

You are completely wrong.
For example;
Cannabis stores nitrogen in the large fan leaves. When nitrogen becomes unavailable in the meduim . The plant will move the nitrogen from the fan leaves up to the new shoots where the nutrient is needed.

Hammer088

Hammer088

Ive been cutting weak flowering sites and plucking leafs every few days. My question is, isthere a cut off point on when Not to do this? im in week 4 and i plan to cont elimanating any weak flowering sites. ususlly the middle growth. I do not want to do it all at once since i do not want to hermie or shock the plant.

if im in week 6-7 can i cont to defoilate? or is week 4 the cut off point?
the first to go are the primary leaves at the base of bottom branches. as the plant progresses thru its growth stages it becomes obvious to you which are not really participating but using nutes and resources anyway. once the stretch has completed and bud begins to set , again start from the bottom of each stem and pick out the freeloaders. the "weeks" depends on strain and where you're prepared to terminate. If doubtful pick one stem and try . once you start getting to the trichome rich produce , start saving or you'll lose it. cheers

H

HighResin

@ShroomKing so let me get this straight a lot of people defoliate to allow light to get to the lower buds,meanwhile most that defoliate also lollipop which is removing the lower smaller buds and leaves,so again what's the point of defoliating the larger fans leave other than supposedly they make the top colas yield higher,I do a slow defoliate through out flower but nothing like I see a lot of people do

H

HighResin

I have 9 in flower almost harvestable,12 in veg ready for flower and 12 clones going once I get the clones up I'm gonna do some serious experimenting in veg with this defoliating and lollipoping

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I have 9 in flower almost harvestable,12 in veg ready for flower and 12 clones going once I get the clones up I'm gonna do some serious experimenting in veg with this defoliating and lollipoping
Me as well I've got my 2 set ready to go 2 more weeks under fluro then there off I love doing experiments . Both cuts from tops of NL . Watch this space

H

HighResin

Me as well I've got my 2 set ready to go 2 more weeks under fluro then there off I love doing experiments . Both cuts from tops of NL . Watch this space
@One drop I can't wait to strip mine and watch yours as well it's gonna be scary for me anyways,they say the first time you take all there clothes off it's kinda weird CAINT WAIT

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
@One drop I can't wait to strip mine and watch yours as well it's gonna be scary for me anyways,they say the first time you take all there clothes off it's kinda weird CAINT WAIT
I can defo see a big difference on this grow after I did a medium lollipoping I could of taken a bit more off but you live n learn , I'll keep looking in on yours see how you progress but after seeing the result so far I'm pretty happy doing the lollipoping to the 5 node and keep the big fan leaves on till they die off . Again I'm looking forward to seeing what's what good luck mate .

dan1989

dan1989

No, thats not what Im saying..
Mobile nutrients basically means its able to move threw the phloem, while immobile nutrients remain in the Xylem until their destination.

What strains are you growing right now? Got pics?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I can defo see a big difference on this grow after I did a medium lollipoping I could of taken a bit more off but you live n learn , I'll keep looking in on yours see how you progress but after seeing the result so far I'm pretty happy doing the lollipoping to the 5 node and keep the big fan leaves on till they die off . Again I'm looking forward to seeing what's what good luck mate .
Here's the side shot of the 2 I have picked as you can see there both pretty well the same .

Hammer088

Hammer088

@ShroomKing so let me get this straight a lot of people defoliate to allow light to get to the lower buds,meanwhile most that defoliate also lollipop which is removing the lower smaller buds and leaves,so again what's the point of defoliating the larger fans leave other than supposedly they make the top colas yield higher,I do a slow defoliate through out flower but nothing like I see a lot of people do
the defoliation you speak of occurs first, there's no specific way of determining how those lower branches/buds are going to react because they are not present yet. left to its own devices (again, with normal lighting, top primarily) the bottom branches have to reach waayyy out to get some of the already diminishing light and are going to generally going to be small and by the time they're dry it doesn't seem like they were worth the trouble. Think how much less room your Xmas tree (apologies to the children of Israel, but you get the point)would take up horizontally if you removed the bottom , less than full branches. we're not going to shorten the stem tho :-{>
We'll just do it early and shorten the growth. bringing the next (now) lowest branches closer to the light. as said in prev post Lollipopping the branch will allow you to bend and tie your branch upwards. Try it with a plant , it'll take up more room but your yield will be higher (hopefully) :-{> good luck

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Stack tighter IMO, also I can't tell you how much it helps with the air flow. Like if I defo my cookies heavy I actually feel they slow down in growth as the OGs really don't.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Honestly I really only heavy defo my OGs, anything else I just slowing pluck until harvest.

H

HighResin

the defoliation you speak of occurs first, there's no specific way of determining how those lower branches/buds are going to react because they are not present yet. left to its own devices (again, with normal lighting, top primarily) the bottom branches have to reach waayyy out to get some of the already diminishing light and are going to generally going to be small and by the time they're dry it doesn't seem like they were worth the trouble. Think how much less room your Xmas tree (apologies to the children of Israel, but you get the point)would take up horizontally if you removed the bottom , less than full branches. we're not going to shorten the stem tho :-{>
We'll just do it early and shorten the growth. bringing the next (now) lowest branches closer to the light. as said in prev post Lollipopping the branch will allow you to bend and tie your branch upwards. Try it with a plant , it'll take up more room but your yield will be higher (hopefully) :-{> good luck
@Hammer088 thanks for the reply I'm kinda doing it on 12 I have in veg now but I will be doing it hard on my new clones coming,I love the Christmas trees and Israel comment fits for what going on right now

H

HighResin

Does anyone know how White widow,pineapple haze handles Defol as that's what I have for the next to grows and I really want to do the full Jungleboys stripping

Top Bottom