Ethics In Breeding

• Thread starter CageyBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CageyBee

CageyBee

Been seeing more and more "breeders" popping up using other established true breeders work. My question is......when did buying a couple packs of beans then smashing a male and a female together and making a cross warrant a seedco? In my day you had to do some work and make your own male before making crosses you could call your own. The chuckers of this day and age are making a mockery of true cannabis breeding. Poly hybrids that all look the same is whats coming from it this chucking generation. Blessings or not its not god practice and honestly its pure hack breeding.

Whats everyone else's take?

SpiderK

SpiderK

The genetics have been trampled for 19 years by many .....

N.L, white widow, maple, durban, ect make up many of the elite clone onlys. When does the respect start in 2004 ? When the clone only , club cuts hype ran wild in cali in the early 2000's ..... ?

Or the breeders before them ?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

God gave us two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we talk. ....

My uncle taught me how to breed via birds and dogs

My uncle is old school and doesn't take credit for it but he did teach me damn near everything I know.

Number one challenge for me is cross contamination.....

It's like asking a bumble bee to grow and breed pure plants .....

Peace and pure breed grease!!!

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Been seeing more and more "breeders" popping up using other established true breeders work. My question is......when did buying a couple packs of beans then smashing a male and a female together and making a cross warrant a seedco? In my day you had to do some work and make your own male before making crosses you could call your own. The chuckers of this day and age are making a mockery of true cannabis breeding. Poly hybrids that all look the same is whats coming from it this chucking generation. Blessings or not its not god practice and honestly its pure hack breeding.

every breeder you ever heard of used someone else's work to start, and lied and said it was bag seed. don't care what they say, the key is..giving credit. The guys that whine about people using their pollen for crosses are rediiuculas. This thing is all of ours.. no fucking patents on DNA , no bullshit.. its ours.. all of ours and people have been working on it for ever.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ethics in breeding is a great title...
What's to be said of ethics when so many phenos are culled and not even grown out past a few weeks. I'm not saying that's good or bad but to notice all the expression lost in mass cullings, one man's trash is anothers....

What is ethical is tough without imposing.

agreeing what is unethical is realistic without as much imposition.....

1 unethical thing for me personally is growing seed coming from a host plant expressing male parts in any of the firs 5-6 weeks flowering and that means not one nanner on not one branch

why? For me it's unethical because I know I'll be killing those plants guaranteed the second they show nanners......its very difficult for me to kill plants UNLESS they have her my tendencies

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Ethics in breeding is a great title...
What's to be said of ethics when so many phenos are culled and not even grown out past a few weeks. I'm not saying that's good or bad but to notice all the expression lost in mass cullings, one man's trash is anothers....

What is ethical is tough without imposing.

agreeing what is unethical is realistic without as much imposition.....

1 unethical thing for me personally is growing seed coming from a host plant expressing male parts in any of the firs 5-6 weeks flowering and that means not one nanner on not one branch

why? For me it's unethical because I know I'll be killing those plants guaranteed the second they show nanners......its very difficult for me to kill plants UNLESS they have her my tendencies
i struggle throwing extra clones away bro... =) i love my plants.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
+1 to everybody for their comments.I've seen both sides to it. breeder A doesn't want his last year selecting and breeding to be in vane by breeder b using his work,but if he elected to let it out for monetary compensation he has no right to say anything.I feel there is more than enough gear out there for everyone to play with.I don't like the redundancy of 10 people working the same lines though.be original at least.
I think there are definitions out there for "breeder' and "chucker".I think a breeder is a seeker of results under guidelines of having a goal and working towards it.I think a chucker is in it for short term gratification and seldom seeks anything but compensation.not saying it's wrong to hit a male to 30 strains,but if u have no plan to advance the lines,or at least search through them,where's the breeding in that?that is chucking.you're not even examining the fruits of your labor,some don't even test their gear,but want to sell it as soon as theyre shucked.what the hell?
I've been a tradesman my whole life,and it's always been a step by step journey of seeking knowledge to advance yourself.I started pushing a broom long before framing houses,and cut miles of baseboard before before fire suppressing multi million dollar buildings.I'm really disenchanted with the whole thing at the moment.

sixstring

sixstring

i like having all these dif guys doin the work for me,i dont like all the prices but most are reasonable.i mean 1 good keeper in a 5 or 10 pack can earn you more potential then i care to print in here lol.i like that all these "clone only's" are getting worked a bit or s1'd for us so everyone has a chance to run and smoke the good shit.as @MrRightBrain said,everyone is using someone elses stuff anyways.the big boys started it by putting out seeds of any strain they got there hands on.and the more breeders we get selling on this site,the more competition for price and quality happens imo anyways.keeps everybody honest, and if your stuff aint got it,you wont last long.

i wont be the first guy to buy(test) for most new breeders,but i dont need to see 6 or 8 years of work from a guy to know if his product is fire either.if you got a special flame girl,s1 that bitch and get it out to the masses :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i like having all these dif guys doin the work for me,i dont like all the prices but most are reasonable.i mean 1 good keeper in a 5 or 10 pack can earn you more potential then i care to print in here lol.i like that all these "clone only's" are getting worked a bit or s1'd for us so everyone has a chance to run and smoke the good shit.as @MrRightBrain said,everyone is using someone elses stuff anyways.the big boys started it by putting out seeds of any strain they got there hands on.and the more breeders we get selling on this site,the more competition for price and quality happens imo anyways.keeps everybody honest, and if your stuff aint got it,you wont last long.

i wont be the first guy to buy(test) for most new breeders,but i dont need to see 6 or 8 years of work from a guy to know if his product is fire either.if you got a special flame girl,s1 that bitch and get it out to the masses :)
^^^^this may be why it's potrayed as an accident ....reverse engineering is cake when the works done for you, given the resources and genetics are available

I think gg#4 and Cookies, were breed, og also. .....

Some breeders go the extra mile for people to have difficulties breeding with their work and I don't blame them.......
Seeds the veterans put out on purpose for sale aren't going to show everything from parents in my most humble opinion

The breeder most un threatened
Most humble
Most generous
And doesn't cull.....is the most versatile, for me, is the most ethical....
I would grow hermie from that guy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom