Ethics In Breeding

• Thread starter CageyBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

There was a time when the standard practice was to offer up seeds for testing and from those efforts/exposures/build a reputation based on the quality and stability of your offering.
If you were on OG/other forums back in the day you saw it play out like that time and time again.

Now things are different. Today folks BUY their name/way in. No experience necessary. $2500, an EGO the size of a bus, some STS, and some clones you were given ..... and you are an instant "breeder". Name "your" strains after toys and Star Wars kinda shit and the kids will simply eat it up. 6 months later....you are a legend...until,,,that is....your unstable "work" is questioned./exposed. Then you take your spoils/easy cash and run away all butt hurt.

caveat emptor. It's all you can do. (beside making your own seeds and ignoring it all)
no fucking clue who you are talking about =p

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

if you use peoples shit... explain yourself.
to me , weed is waaaaaaaaay more exciting then some shitty glorified grape juice put in wooden barrels, turned into poison that makes me fuck strangers and spend all my money., but that's just me. =)

with that being said, i want to know my weeds lineage, i look for breeders who tell me who's fucking clone they use, businesses that do not do this, do not get my business, to me its like buying my homies stereo off of some fuck that stole it, because it was cheaper then i could buy it from him.

trippinballz

trippinballz

The list is long Mr. right Brain. It isn't about any one person in particular....though some may rightfully take it that way. As they say..."the truth hurts".

And LOL....I'm in a legal state and there's no driving down the street to buy clones. If there was....we wouldn't be talking about seeds and all of these "breeders".

Now that everyone wants to make their living off weed....clones are merely for hording/holding over the heads of others. LOL. The only good thing about it is that most of the clones held so tightly actually suck/aren't usually anything all that special when you finally do source them/grow them out.

No matter how hard you try, you can't get high on hype.

best of luck to all (and it's all about luck in this game)

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Just my take is that you shouldn't sell f1 beans you made from another breeders gear. Give them out and rock them all you want but selling them is where you cross the line. Now if you find a male in the new f1 xs(or f2 for that matter) you made and use that to breed youre golden. That's the right start to a good breeding program if youre wanting to get in the "biz". Otherwise youll always be questioned

SpiderK

SpiderK

breeders / chuckers should not sell F1's until they search and find the gems then, don't sell seeds until all nasty phenols found for further work..... can't have it all.

they want the money upfront ..... $$$ the second that transaction takes place he can't complain what happens after that. most are using gear from another worked, passed, stolen, tricked, hyped, or luck.

colostoney

colostoney

imho the best canna breeder in the world lives in the Soco and has a two footer ding dong
just saying so

Dunge

Dunge

It's the wild wild west.
The market wants it now now now.
Prices are cow high.

A room full of keepers, one fancy male, and bang, sell them seeds!
Let the market test, and replace the fails.
(Do you consider good customer service to be a recommendation? Maybe it's not.)
This is how it looks to me.

Breeders are another deal all together.
Much more work, failures, blind alleys, and dead ends.

colostoney

colostoney

its so easy to sell seed in colo cuz ya can legally give samples of your work free to smoke to customers and vendors and PROOF sells out there in all the hype like nuts....I'm even thinking of a way of selling the seeds in the bud lol! Beautiful! I admit though I'm a ttal old man puss and I'm waiting out the non thc canna product/hemp laws a bit longer before I get too nuts public here
it is the wild west though and I can't beleive the demand for beans here just in my lil town alone

colostoney

colostoney

well unless they even remotely know ya then all the sudden no one has any time or space to run seed and will cock ride ya till ya go ballistic for your cuts
this day and age a real cut is something to hold onto and share respectfully and kudos if you feel different but I doubt id consider it a real cut anyhow and I say people need
to get their hands in dirt and source their own fuckin cuts from seed
I've ran a thousand seeds at least for every keeper I have forever and I feel like it is disrespectful all the next gen wants to run all the elite cuts
but never do the seed groundwork and bring something original to swap
I just told this one carpet bagger green rush transplant to fuck off cuz he thought he was too good for anything but my cuts
ya wants cuts try craigslist I bet youll get your ten dollars worth

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

breeders / chuckers should not sell F1's until they search and find the gems then, don't sell seeds until all nasty phenols found for further work..... can't have it all.

they want the money upfront ..... $$$ the second that transaction takes place he can't complain what happens after that. most are using gear from another worked, passed, stolen, tricked, hyped, or luck.
I Too believe f1's shouldnt be sold by breeders for two reasons benefiting both parties.
for the consumer, taking past f1 allows greater stability in pheno traits and limits the phenos that arise.
for the breeder, it allows you to have an option. Instead of bitching about people using your work and trumping you on your plans, you now have an option to V2 with a new pheno found in the f1's which will be exclusive to you so only you hold the key to that lines true diverse potential.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Remember when breeding was about birds and bees? Maybe it shoulda been left to them. Hmmmmm I wonder......if we hadn't interrupted the natural propagation of cannabis what would we have.
I think if breeding was left to birds and bees as pollenaters we would receive more benefits from plants but get less stoned, as marijuanos growers slangers, breed for potency ever since I can remember the hypocrisy is that we also breed the trippy paranoia out of it which is part of the stone but didn't sell aswell so basically couch lock came in as a compromise between growers sellers and smokers.....

I would love to try northern lights before the pot hangover was breed out of it....
Peace and marijuano grease

KarmaKingz

KarmaKingz

every breeder you ever heard of used someone else's work to start, and lied and said it was bag seed. don't care what they say, the key is..giving credit. The guys that whine about people using their pollen for crosses are rediiuculas. This thing is all of ours.. no fucking patents on DNA , no bullshit.. its ours.. all of ours and people have been working on it for ever.

This belongs on billboards, and tshirts!!!
Cheers

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Karma, God to me is everything and I'm so confident in my karma that whatever bad karma I may have or comes my way my, God will help me use those opportunities to convey an accurate message, hopefully a righteous (in a hippy way) message.
This belongs on billboards, and tshirts!!!
Cheers
I agree

See when someone uses someone else's work they may be continuing a project that has just been started or in the middle or completed , but regardless of where the project is at, the person continuing the project has adopted the struggles with the work not only the succeses, that's karma to me and people who complain about the Problems (hermy) adopted with continued work is unethical. I really think someone with more sense then me should compile a code of ethical breeding.

KarmaKingz

KarmaKingz

Karma, God to me is everything and I'm so confident in my karma that whatever bad karma I may have or comes my way my, God will help me use those opportunities to convey an accurate message, hopefully a righteous (in a hippy way) message.

I agree

See when someone uses someone else's work they may be continuing a project that has just been started or in the middle or completed , but regardless of where the project is at, the person continuing the project has adopted the struggles with the work not only the succeses, that's karma to me and people who complain about the Problems (hermy) adopted with continued work is unethical. I really think someone with more sense then me should compile a code of ethical breeding.

We share similar views on karma. As a snotnose, I saw a lot of wild stuff that made me realize. That staying square with people, nature, and yourself. You could achieve anything you set your mind to. Karma plays alot to what happens in all part's of life. Ever heard of a "Freak Accident "? That's karma working brother, positive or negative. Karma catches us All!
Cheers

straydogOG

straydogOG

I think its important to remember,this thing of ours,started as a seed savers exchange of sorts,people more than happy to share what they have found to be special through "chucking", or selective breeding. Ethics In Breeding I think would be much less called into question when theres no $$ signs attached to a small 5 or 10 pack that you just had to drop a hundo for.

CageyBee : My question is......when did buying a couple packs of beans then smashing a male and a female together and making a cross warrant a seedco? imho....it doesnt....unfortunately I think this may get worse with the legalization throughout the US and abroad, this has become one unfortunate result. We are on a path...... hopefully in 20 years everything wont be tagged OG at the end of the name, lol. Not hatein on OG, love what I`ve had of it, but this is why I keep Haze #19 and other`s in the freezer ;)

caveman4.20 : "Lol it would be unethical not to breed".......... Tell the world brother...... I`ve only grown a 100% sensimilla crop, when I wasnt in luck to find a GOOD male. Selection for diversity should remain key imho. I took horticulture in school and loved every minute of it,and learned alot from it,but that alone doesnt make me a breeder,or chucker worthy of starting a seed co. But if and when I find something special I`ll let the world know. I hope you all will continue to strive to only cross your best selections.....and If I have your genes,thank you for your hard work! I`ll carry on. :) Great topic!!

BSSF

sd

Top Bottom