First Grow Ever

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

Hey farmers how are we all doing? good i hope. used to smoke often back in the day when i was younger, but when i got with my wife i had quit all my bad habits for her and my kids. well as of late the wife over the years has been in 3 car accidents and around 27 surgerys along with a heart diseaseand me, i suffers a brain aynurism and suffer depression, arthritis and on a handfull of pills morn and night quite frankly dont like it!! so the wife has agreed to let me grow a lil and we are goin to try it. i live in a non legal state NY and figure id start a diary up to let all know of my progress and see if yall have any suggestions or comments to help out, cause i defo need it :woot:i got a lil yellowing going on right now that im struggling with,im thinking its a N prob but im not sure, at first the tips of my leaves were turning brown, now there kinda like fadeing outlike a light green to yellow and brown blotches PH is staying 5.7, ppm 435 and drops a lil every night i check and comes up to like 450ish when i top off, res temp is 31 C i got some pics ill throw up let me know what yall think and welcome to my grow diary

First grow ever
First grow ever 2
First grow ever 3
First grow ever 4
First grow ever 5
First grow ever 6
First grow ever 7
First grow ever 8
First grow ever 9
Dunge

Dunge

Sorry to say it, but I don't think you have a viable one in the bunch.
I have often, with the best of intentions, done some experiment that did great damage to a plant.
Sometimes it takes a week for things to start looking bed, so the causal act is often not linked.
Then the plant takes another two weeks to fully die.
Hope I'm wrong, but this is what your plants look like to me.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

that dont really look that bad do they? at least i didnt think so, the ppms r still low and the plants still look healthy for the most part... i know the one lil one dont look good but the rest look good so i thought...

Dunge

Dunge

It's all about the apical meristem.
The growing tissue that makes the stem longer when it grows.
When this part is failing, the plant is failing IME.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

It's all about the apical meristem.
The growing tissue that makes the stem longer when it grows.
When this part is failing, the plant is failing IME.

well thanks for that vote of confidence bro....:meh: i guess ill go see if i can do sumthing, i didnt think they were all that bad...

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hey everyone just an update here and a question about the sex of me plant, im fairly certain its a female but not sure, its 2 weeks into flower right now and this is what i got (look at pics plz) and just a lil confused if anyone could gimmie a heads up on what they look like to them id be greatfull thnx
PS having a bit of a war on the browning of the leaves, not quite sure whats its from but it doesnt seem to be detremental to them so im rolling wit the flow ;-)

DSCN1282
DSCN1283
DSCN1284
DSCN1285
DSCN1286
Dunge

Dunge

Female all the way.
All those white pistols are what you are looking for.
Looks on track for two weeks into flower.
Can't help with the brown leaves.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

rockin, i know they dont look real big but thats ok too :) i was gettin worried there lol yeah i think the brown leaves r maybe lack of waterin? im goin like 2 too 3 days inbetween watering scared of overdueing it, i do the pot pick up method for watering, would u say thats too long in between? from the weight of the plants it dont feel like it, feeding them floragrow and superthrive and thats bout it, might b lack of nutes?

kingspade0891

kingspade0891

how much nutes per gallon are u giving them and what soil did u use ?

kingspade0891

kingspade0891

and if your in flower u need too give them flora bloom not flora grow

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

yeah thats what i meant was the florabllom my badthe ppm is running about 1100 using what it saz on the bottle 3 tsp per gal and the superthrive is 1 tsp per gal it the weekly/monthly chart on that. the soil is mircle gro organic choice saz .10-.5-.5 but i also mixed in a lil less equal parts of petemoss which has the n-p-k of a turd lmao well actually theres more is turds then in this lets say. they been doing great up till now, so im assuming i just need to water more since being in flower they drawing more feed?and i think my nutes were light on the last gal i made up, this is a new gal of mix that at 1100 the last batch was like around 750-800 so we'll see what happens if they start comin round? i have red in some forums that they have a tendency for a few fan leaves to turn in flower is that correct? thx for ur help :D

kingspade0891

kingspade0891

ya u deffently have leaves turn but that usually doesn't happen till like week 7 of flower and up well for me anyways depending on your strain u may need too start watering more ive had a strain that needed way more water wants I started flowering ya there could be a number of things wrong what size light are u using and what does the tempature stay at ? could have your light too close too them

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

im only running 13 watt cfls, and i got 2 18 inch t-8's and 1 23 watt cfl and the tube are like super cool even compared to the cfl's temp is 63F lights out and around 75F lights on, wifey seems to think i should b watering more too, but i dont wanna kill em by doing that ya know, i gues ill try every other day watering and see what that does, it does seem they are doing a lil better so maybe the not enough nutes was the prob

kingspade0891

kingspade0891

u needa upgrade too hps !!! I use T8 and T5 lights for vegging but never flowering your yield and bud will come at hella airy u need a hps even a 150hps with give u dense bud and a decent yield

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

aint got money yet enough to get hps, this is what i got to work with for right now, i know i wont get as much but not much i can really do right now, i got both girls in 1 gal pots right now, i figured leaving them in there and they should b aight, i understand they wont b the biggest, but im saving to buy a bag of beans (like i said money is tight) but like i said gotta deal with what i got for now.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

aight yall need a lil help i dont have a microscope to look at my trics so all i got is plin ol big magnifying glass which kinda blows. so i need help in how to determine when my girls are going to b done, they have been in flower for 7 weeks tommorow can u tell color by the hairs? any advice will help i will throw up some pics in a hr or two thank u

Top Bottom